Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ever since River met that girl, Blue started hanging out with her. He wasn't fine with it but he told River to just tag her along whenever he wants to. But deep inside, the boy wants to separate himself from them. Atleast he's trying to. The only way he could maybe forget about River is let him do whatever he wants and be apart, like when they were a few miles away from each other.

When the day River was getting the tattoo, that girl was there at the same shop as them like she's been following. She works there and Blue didn't want to be there even a bit. The girl was the one who's doing his tattoo and the way they're 'having fun' made him itch to run away so he did. The boy told River that he was needed and didn't wait for the man to answer.

It was the worst day and Blue felt like he wants to tell River to stop it and tell him right at his face that he likes her.

Blue pushed himself away from them. They seem to be enjoying themselves, not bothered that Blue's not within their circle. And that made the boy so upset because the man didn't seem to care.

In the library, Blue started to hang out there and uses his time to practice his sketching for his art class. His nerdy side is coming out of nowhere but it's better than thirdwheeling. That isn't healthy and he doesn't want that. Also, he needs some distraction. Although, he still couldn't take River off his mind and it bothers him very much.

"You didn't call me."

The boy jolted at the sudden presence of someone, who he was avoiding lately. Blue mentally groaned, not wanting to see him at the moment because he's having a huge dilemma. He cursed upon seeing those sharp eyes he adored ever since. They always look at him very softly, very gentle and it makes his heart flutter always. His whole existence makes his heart flutter.

It never fails him.

"You were busy...weren't you?" Blue asked, before he went back on sketching on his pad.

River sighed as he sat infront and propped his elbow on the table to let his chin rest on his palm, "No, I wasn't."

"Weren't you with your friends? I...didn't bother telling you that I'll be here in the library...I don't want to embarrass you," the last sentence went as a whisper as Blue slid down on his chair a bit and covered his face with the large sketching pad.

A few seconds, a hand went over to hold ontop of the pad and gently pushed it down, not wanting to rip anything. Blue looked at River with a worried look, a soft blush littering his cheeks as well. The man displayed a bittersweet smile.

"Is there something wrong, Blue?"

I don't want to see you with that girl anymore. Please.

The boy smiled back, not genuinely though but hopefully, it wasn't too obvious, then he looked away, "No. Nothing's wrong. Why did you ask?"

River removed his hand and placed it on the table, "I haven't seen you for quite some time. Every time I call you, you're always doing something. You're not answering my texts anymore too. I thought you're having some problems...I can help you with it."

Do you like her?

"Iv, I'm fine--"

"Look me in the eyes and tell that to me."

Blue hesitated a bit. The moment he'll look at River, his eyes will give everything away. He's someone who couldn't really hide something that well. His ears started to redden and his eyes were getting teary from all the pressure. He cursed mentally before he just looked back at River.

I love you.

"I'm fine, River," then smiled.

River looked at his eyes but Blue looked away even when a minute hasn't passed that their stares were locked. He stared at the boy for a few seconds, knowing that there's something that Blue doesn't want him to know. It hurts him to see that his friend couldn't even open up to him if he has any problems. He furrowed his eyebrows and sighed.

"You're lying," River said, in Thai, with a monotone voice, so Blue wouldn't understand. That would just fuel their argument but he felt the need to say it outloud. He stood from his chair with his bag on his shoulder, "Text or call me if you're in the mood," he said in the language understandable for Blue before he went off.

Blue bit his lower lip and couldn't bring himself to draw anymore. He felt like crying.

Why is everything so hard when you're in love?

Blue didn't see or hear anything from River the whole day. He didn't bother calling or texting him anyway, also, River wasn't the type to push anyone so it's been a quiet day for the boy. Though, he did think to pass by the gymnasium because deep inside of him, he feels bad. But he'll blame River for it.

Looking over the window, Blue badly wanted to come in and watch River practice volleyball because whenever he watches the man play any sports, he looks really cool and attractive, if he might add. That's why people like him.

Maybe they were having a team match and River was doing quite well. He's tall and he actually played a bit of volleyball in summer back in Thailand. River would occasionally send him videos of him then Blue would find himself hyping River. But he couldn't right now because he's being a jealous friend.

Just after River took the chance to spike across the playing ground, his team cheered once the ball wasn't able to receive by the other team. The man looked really happy. Well, he's been working on his spiking so it must've been really rewarding for him. Blue wanted to go and hug him but looks like someone did it for him.

The girl on the bench stood and went to hug River. The man wasn't even bothered and hugged her back. Blue didn't last another second and just walked away from the door. He wants to go home and lock himself inside his room. He's being ridiculous right now and he couldn't stop feeling hurt from these. He knows where he stands and he wants to remind himself about it.

What he doesn't know that River just saw a glimpse of the boy. He wasn't sure about it but he swore it was Blue. He excused himself and ran towards the door, pushing them in a hurry and looked around if he could catch up to him but Blue was nowhere. He felt sorry about not understanding that Blue has the right to keep something from him and wanted to talk to him but he doesn't know how.

"River, was that Blue?" the girl asked once she caught up with her friend.

"I guess," River answered with his hands on his hips.

"You haven't confessed to him?"

The man looked back at her and sighed, "I haven't...found a time to. Something's wrong too and I don't think I can talk to him this time around."

"Give him some time alone, but still check up on him. Didn't you tell me your father's friends are having a reunion this weekend? Go for it," she cheered.

"I-I don't know...I'll think about it."

"Don't overthink it, River."

The man doesn't know what to do and how did things get to here.

A/N: i prefer the girl to be nameless,,

unless i change it into the infamous Y/N

thank you for reading!!

Love lots ♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro