Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Caspian- hey!" Carrie waved me over in the lighted drawing room. I sit down next to her and grab a sketch pad. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm just-- I thought you forgot about her." I nod, keeping my face apathetic. I feel myself begin to slip away into my memories. Carrie watches me as I sketch, much like Claire used to do while talking to me by the church. I start with a broad outline of the memory, a detailed one. I remember it almost perfectly. It was the first time Claire met my parents. It started out at lunch, when I sat down next to her. No one else had come to the table yet. "Look, Claire," I said, meeting her blue eyes. "My parents want to meet you." "Your parents?" She asked, shifting her cherry lollipop. She gave me a fearful expression. "How do your parents even know about me?" I shrugged. I didn't actually know myself. All I knew was that somehow they knew about Claire, and they wanted to meet her. "They might have seen me drawing you," her eyes grew wider. "You draw me?" I laughed. "Yeah." I shrugged my hair to the side. I especially remember the adorable, innocent expression she had on her face as she agreed. We were still just sophomores, but I was already convinced that I loved her. So, a few nights later on Sunday, I saw Claire walk up to my house. She was only 15, and yet I couldn't imagine her looking more beautiful. I let her inside, and twirled her before kissing her at the doorway. "Hey," I said softly. "You look amazing," she smiled. "So do you," she said, smoothing my tux. My parents are eccentrics, so when she entered the dining room she stopped and gave me a fearful look. "I look the part," she whispered, "but can I play it?" "Absolutely," i gave her a confident smile as I held out my hand. She took it. My parents, looking extravagant, started to walk down the grand staircase at the far end of the room. Once they were at the landing, my mom introduced herself. "Hello, and you must be Claire. I'm Caspian's mom, Samantha." She gave her a warm smile. "And I'm David." My father added. I could tell Claire wanted a lollipop by the expression on her face, so I led her to the table and pulled out her seat. "Thanks," she whispered. After my parents were seated and eating, my father said "So, Claire, as you can imagine Caspian has told us so little about you. Why don't you tell us about yourself." She cleared her throat politely as my parents waited for her response. "Well, I work at the art gallery with Caspian." "Oh how lovely," my mother inquired, shooting a glamorous look my way. "And I play the violin." My father spoke up this time, saying "Excellent, maybe you should play for us sometime?" She nodded, smiling. The rest of the evening went by smoothly, bits of dialogue passing occasionally across the table. At the end if the night, Claire gave me a triumphant look. She was beaming. She was beautiful. This is the look I see now on the paper. It's Claire, as beautiful as ever in her gold dress, sitting at the table. Giving me that confident look. I wipe a tear from my eye. Claire, I miss you, I thought. Carrie gives me a questioning look. "Is that-" I nod. "She looks so young..." "Yeah, she was." I remember what she looks like now-- older, more experienced at life. Always worried about the future. Carrie looks at me me knowingly. "I wont ask you about it." I glance at her through blurry eyes. "Thanks."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro