Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Shots were fired and horse hooves thudded against the ground of the forest, I sat on a branch my claws dug into the bark they had been hunting us for days. My other paw was pressed firmly into my shoulder they had struck me but only once.  They had almost caught up to my coyote friend, I leapt off my branch and landed on the back of the horse of one, dug my sharp teeth into his neck and wrenched him off the horse throwing him onto the ground. I raced forward catching up to the others. I wrenched the men from the backs of their steeds and leapt off to the ground tearing the men from limb to limb. One man whose hip was dislocated dared limp toward me. 

I pinned my ears standing in front of my fellow hybrids, a growl ripped through my ribcage and my claws twitched. "You are disgusting beasts, there's no use protecting them," he lifted the gun up and pointed it at me. 

"We did nothing!" I growled. He clicked the trigger back, "shoot me if it makes you feel better!" I advanced and rested the barrel of the gun on my chest, the gun began to shake under his grip. I huffed a laugh and pushed the gun away, I reached a sharp-clawed paw into his throat and ripped it out, a bloody trachea sat in my paw. Crimson dribbled from the body part, it tapped against the earth, I turned my gaze to the wide-eyed hybrids behind me. 

"Are we safe?" A monkey one asked, I nodded my tall ears bouncing.

"If they come for us again it will be worse," I said. We retreated to our underground dwelling safe from the outside world. While the young ones settled down I took a shower and washed the blood off once I was clean I stepped out and shook my fur dry.  A young lemur girl was waiting for me in the living room. "What's wrong Annie?" I crouched down to her level. 

"The Last men scared me," she said. 

"Aw, it's over now," I gently wrapped my arms around her, "they're not going to find us now, even if they do I will protect you all." I picked her up and sat on the couch with her softly rocking with her it wasn't long till the little one fell asleep on me, I took her to her room softly laying her in a hammock surrounded by trees with large leaves. I quietly walked out and took my post guarding the entrance keeping to the shadows, someone had to look after these little ones. I sat back down on the couch, ran my paw over my head and gently pushed my ears back which just sprung right back up again.

"Thank you for taking care of us," the monkey hybrid said sitting down next to me. 

"Someone has to, I can't let any harm come to any of you," I reminded him. 

"I am glad we found each other," he said resting his head on my shoulder. 

"Me too," I replied. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro