✔6

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

'Death of Yinka Heaven Simon' I typed on the Google search engine. The results came out but they were pretty useless. These people were just describing the place the incident took place in and my pictures and the 'missing'  posters we designed but nothing else!

"Why isn't there anything about her death?!" I screamed hitting my laptop with my palms in aggravation. Yimika nodded in understanding as she reached out to hug me.

I hugged her tightly and cried into her shoulder. She was the best friend I could ever ask for and I couldn't imagine what would've happened if she wasn't in my life. I never told her that,  but I guess she understood.

"It's okay. We'd move on anyhow. God helping us" she said rubbing my back in soothing circles.

I nodded and sat up wiping away my tears as I turned back to my MacBook, totally ignoring the last part of her statement. I tried to type but I couldn't, my hands were just frozen. Yimika collected it from me and began to type away.

I let her take it even when I knew she would find nothing.

At the end, she just sighed and put it down, she gave me a sympathetic smile and lay down on the bed. "Nothing?" I gulped, already knowing the answer. She shook her head and I shrugged nonchalantly but deep down I was just scared and shattered.

I let out a shaky breath as my mind flew back to the man that had been threatening me four days ago. As fast as lightning, I bolted up from the bed and looked around quickly, but saw no one then I settled down back on the bed only to have Yimika send me a questioning look.

I shrugged it off again. It seemed like I just kept trying to shrug my problems off but it wasn't working at at all. I inhaled sharply and clenched my fist.

I wasn't a good sister in the past.

But I will be now.

I promise you.

Heaven.

"Are you okay?? What's with the getting up and looking around?" She asked worriedly.

"Don't want to talk about it" I deadpanned as I picked up my phone to look through my Instagram account.

"I think we should pray about this" she suggested. I threw her an irritated yet cold glare that was meant to shut her up but she continued anyways.

"You see, God has his way of working things out so if you at least put this in his hands to..."

"Shut up, Yimika!" I growled clenching my fists tighter. She exhaled and nodded, I knew I was being rude, but she should know by now that I hated talking about 'GOD' and it's really annoying how people around me keep bringing Him up and I am forced to talk about Him.

Like what don't you understand in a simple 'I don't believe in God' statement?! Or is it only me that has ears to understand??

"I'm sorry" She apologized and got up. "You obviously need some space. I'm not angry at you, understand that. but if you need me for anything, don't hesitate to call me, I'd be downstairs with your mom" with that she walked out of the room.

I sighed and rubbed my face with my palm. My life is really like a movie, an interesting movie. And in reality, its a night Mare

Monday came faster than expected, another day in hell. I drank a glass of water and quickly had my bath, brushed my teeth, my hair was in braids already, so I left it at that.

I slipped on my uniform and wore my black shoes. I packed up my back pack. Books, folders, tablet, charger, lip gloss, deodorant, perfume, water bottle, wallet, pencil case, math set, wipes.

Ready!

I had breakfast, though I didn't eat so much. All thanks to my lack of appetite. Then headed to school.

As I walked through the school corridors, all heads turned my way and kept staring at me, the entire place going quiet. 

I'm not a serial killer o!

Why can't this people mind their business.

I stopped walking and sent glares the path of the people looking at me and they immediately turned away. I got a junior to carry my bag for me as I walked to the class and settled down.

"Senior Yemisi can I go?" She asked timidly and I nodded absentmindedly. "Thanks" she muttered and ran away. I didn't feel like going for assembly so I just sat there as the siren blared.

"Young lady it's time for assembly" Mrs. Oyetunji called, I shrugged. "I'm not going, don't feel too well" she frowned then walked away.

I thought so.

After an our of going through my iPad,  watching YouTube videos and so on, students began to flood into the class creating an atmosphere for noise. The one thing I didn't want at the moment

"Can you all please shut up?!" I said with a hint of warning in my tone, and immediately the class went dead silent. I nodded in satisfaction, leaning on my table again, when someone called out "Nope, cover up you ears or something so you won't hear us then."

I stared at her narrowly, wondering if I should waste my saliva on her. She began to look away nervously and then she scowled at me.

I glared at her, watching as she smirked victoriously. "Could you repeat yourself again for the monkeys outside? They seem to be the only ones that understand your language"

Just then the monkeys began to chatter and gibber. 

Talk about perfect timing

Everyone else began to laugh as she stood in shock. 

She seemed to recover, because her jaw was no longer dropped. Her lips were now coiled in a perfect pout. She glared at me hard, as her other two minions stood up. 

"Em Yemisi, just be--" She began but I cut her off with a cold look and she sat back down along with the other girl

I turned my head back to my table and lay down but the first class idiot wasn't having it.

"OH so, because your parents have money ehn? Because you're an american babe abi? You think I can't beat you. Wo. Forget all that I will slap you. You might have the mouth to insult, but I have the hands to beat. I will beat you blue black!!" She screamed. 

"Ode, I thought you knew so much about me? American babe, Omo baba olowo, everything. Why did you na say blue black? My favorite colors are white and yellow. I prefer the darker shade of yellow so try beating me like that" 

She fumed so bad, for a hot second, I thought she'd burst.

She walked up to me, pushing me...hard

I stood up and pulled her by her shirt, before pushing her with all my might. She fell back with so much force, I began to consider trying out for wonder woman.

Tears sprang out of her eyes as she scrambled to her feet and ran out of the class. I hissed and sat back down

I was just Vexed.

And this one decided to try out for superwoman on me. Mstchew. People can worsen your mood so bad! And even at the wrong times! jeez

"Good molning crass!" The annoying booming voice of the agric teacher came in. Mr. Hassan, the one teacher that I dreaded and hated. The crowd that had formed immediately dispersed. 

Lemme give you a brief description.

He was annoying

He was sometimes too playful.

He didn't understand people.

He was an immature idiot

And above all... He had he powerful H factor and r.

He always exchanged R's for L's. And L's for R's. And sometimes I wonder how he passed his exams.

"Today, we har going to study ha lat!(today we are going to study a rat)" He said over joyously.

Ugh!

The class groaned and this idiot of a man thought we were enthusiastic about his idea. Like seriously, who wants to study a smelly, dead, over annoying, disgusting rat?!

My point is....rats are NASTY!

and I'm sorry if you love rats but at the moment, your opinions aren't needed.

"Yemisi!" He called making me snap my head in his direction, I'm surprised I didn't get a whiplash. "Come hand lite four hanatomical pats of this lat. (Come and write four anatomical parts of this rat)"

I glared at him. "Yes sir"

Anatomical regions of the rat

The Muscular System ,The Skeletal System, The Digestive System, The Abdominal Organs.

"Beaurifulll!!!" He cheered. 

He then muttered incoherent words while smiling to himself and turned to the board to write a note while I moved to my sit. The door opened and Daniel walked in hurriedly. He mumbled greeting to the teacher and took his seat beside me.

"Hey" he said out of breath. I looked at him and gave a weak smiled before returning his greeting. After the first eight classes and a short break in between, he followed me to lunch.

Yimika didn't come to school today and I had no idea why.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded but instead he looked into my eyes searchingly and then raised a brow at me. I sighed. The way he looked at me? As if he was reading my soul and my mind.

My life was complicated and I for one wasn't ready to scare him away with my very weird story. Not when I was beginning to like his company. Yes. I know. I'm beginning to like him.

"You can tell me what's going on you know?" He asked hitting on the spot. I nodded, inhaling sharply and began to tell him My story. From how I used to be a twin, how heaven 'died', the mystery man, then police who don't want to take up the case and finally my cowardly act of running away instead of helping my sister.

When I was done, he reached out his hand and touched mine. I did NOT feel sparks my darlings. but for some reasons, I felt safe.

He nodded and smiled. "It's going to be alright. God's in control" I frowned and withdrew my hand. "I don't believe in God" I spat. He looked at me in surprise. "Your name.." he trailed off.

"My parents are Christians so yes." I said answering his question. He swallowed and continue to eat. "I'm sorry about Heaven but I don't think she died really. Something's up. because the man, threatening you and all? Nah. She might be alive."

I nodded at him. He was right. Heaven has a great chance of being alive and that was a great relief but I still had to get her back and I hardly...

No screw that...

I had no idea on where to start from.

"Does yimika know?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm going to help. With finding... Heaven" he announced.

"No" I said almost immediately. "I'm tired of putting people's lives in danger okay? Just don't get yourself tied up with this issue. Pretend you don't know"

"But you're literally my best friend" he blurted out and I smiled, a warm feeling taking over my heart.

I'm literally his best friend.

I'm literally DANIEL JOHNSON'S best friend

"That's the more reason why I want you out of trouble" I stated boring into his eyes.

"No. Best friends fight for each other. Not one on one but together okay? And I'm doing my job as yours too. You can't fight this alone. Or just you and Yimika. Not when I'm alive though." He said the last part so quietly and I frowned.

"I've got cancer" he announced sadly.

I gasped looking at his crestfallen expression, expecting him to laugh at me for believing him. But when he didn't, my heart broke. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea" I said. "Ye..Yeah. it's not your fault... I'm dying at twenty two. Still trusting God for a miracle."

"God?!" I spat. "Isn't your God meant to do something about this?? You guys keep trusting him and I don't even believe he's real! I used to trust him. I used to feel his 'presence' but guess what? He never stood up for me or brought heaven back so.."

"Nevaeh you need to understand that life ain't a bed of roses. It has it's ups and downs but that doesn't mean you should blame God for that! Once in a while you lose people you love. It's not because God hates you or because he doesn't exists. It's because that's what is meant to happen." He said dropping his fanta.

"God exists. And that's why you and I are still living" he finished.

I frowned at him not wanting to press the issue further. He held my gaze, his eyes not leaving mine. I looked down at my plate trying to avoid his bold stare. "This sucks" I muttered.

Daniel and Yimika are practically the same in this God thingy. How the heck did I get myself tangled with them?!

I need a suitable explanation like right now!!

________

So guys, I may not stick to my updating schedule any longer because of my exams and all so I will start updating at times suitable for me, but id try to update at least once every week, If possible. 

But I think this is literally the longest chapter I've written..about 2200+ words. I deserve a round of applause 😂😂

Now, can we just chill, and re-think about the unnecessary fight?? Since Aunty Author didn't think it was important to share her name, we'll call her Blueblack. Sis just snapped. from literally no where 🙄 And of course, Aunty Yemisi wasn't even  going to hold back 😂

And Daniellll 😫😫😫💔

He was smiling up and down but he was struggling with cancer 😥💔

Tell me what you think about it all sha

Vote ✨ Comment ✨Follow

Stay blessed💕

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro