-7 || mingyu-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mingyu expected it. But it still hurt. Wonwoo had covered his own eyes, or maybe his eyes hadn't changed yet. He didn't know. What he did know was that Wonwoo was never going to admit that they were soulmates. There was already a rumor going around that Mingyu was the one wearing contacts because there wasn't ever a case in history where one half of a destined couple's eyes changed and the other didn't. 

Rumors have never really bothered him, but this one did. He wanted to talk to Wonwoo but had no idea what to say. Wonwoo told him how he felt, and Mingyu should respect that. 

Mingyu snuck around to the back of the house and went through the back door. It was likely his father would be awaiting for his arrival at the front door. He'd be expecting Mingyu to being Wonwoo home for an introduction. That wasn't happening anytime soon. 

He wearily made his way up the stairs to his room. Mingyu's heart felt numb, but he wasn't about to give up hope. Wonwoo was his soulmate. It was rare for soulmates not to work out in the end. 

Mingyu pulled his phone from his pocket and pulled up the video he had saved. Upon Wonwoo's request, he hired a hacker to completely delete every video related to the kiss. But Mingyu still had a single copy of it. He never watched it.

The particular video he saved was of Jeonghan's doing. The angle at which the blonde shot it showed both of their faces and their reactions. It was basically a close up. Jeonghan never posted it, and deleted it after sending it to Mingyu. As Mingyu watched the video and saw his and Wonwoo's lips connect, he kept his eyes focused on Wonwoo. He saw the older visibly tense for half a second before relaxing back into his usual, calm demeanor.

Mingyu could still remember the feel of Wonwoo's lips against his. It had sent a pleasant shock through his body. Wonwoo must not have felt the same way if he was willing to hide behind contacts.

The door opened in front of him, and Jisoo welcomed himself inside. "I have news," he said as he closed the door behind him. Mingyu leaned against the backboard of his bed and Jisoo laid at the foot of his bed, facing the ceiling. 

"You know the guy who refuses to be your soulmate? Wonwoo?" Jisoo said. 

Mingyu scowled. "You could have left 'the guy who refuses to be your soulmate' part out."

Jisoo waved a hand at him like it didn't matter and continued. "Today, the journalism and photography clubs got our assignments for the school magazine," he told Mingyu. "One member from each club has been paired up. I bet you'll never guess who I've been paired up with."

"Wonwoo," Mingyu said slowly, unable to trust what Jisoo was saying. 

"Can you guess who we've been assigned to interview?"

"Me and . . . I don't know," the younger male admitted. It was probably a mistake to get his hopes up. 

"Yes. You and Jeonghan," Jisoo told him.

"Me and Jeonghan," Mingyu repeated. "Wait, what?"

"You heard right." Jisoo sat up. "And because I'm a nice person, I will somehow convince Wonwoo to do his half of the project on you--even though he pretty much hates your guts now."

Mingyu chose to ignore that last part and was starting to look forward to whatever this project was. "That would mean you'd be working with Jeonghan," Mingyu said. "Doesn't he annoy you?"

Jisoo shrugged. "I think of him as an annoying asshole, but who knows? Maybe he won't be such a pain in the ass."

"He's looking for a soulmate, too," the turquoise-haired male said. "You're number one on his list."

Jisoo was silent for a minute, lost in thought. "Whatever," he finally said. "When he figures out we aren't soulmates, he won't bother me anymore."

"You're not even going to give him a chance," Mingyu said with a tsk. 

"Let me ask you something," Jisoo said. "Have I ever dated anyone in the time you've known me?"

Mingyu tried thinking to a time where Jisoo even liked somebody. He couldn't. "No." 

"Exactly. And I'd like it to stay that way." The older stood up and stretched. "I'm heading to the library to somehow convince Wonwoo to work with you."

"How are you going to do that?" Mingyu asked. 

"No clue, but I'm smart. I'll figure something out."

"Thanks, Jisoo," Mingyu said, gratefully. 

"Sure," the other said, walking over the door. Jisoo paused before leaving. "What do you like about Wonwoo anyway?" he asked. 

There was a lot of reasons for his infatuation with Wonwoo, but Mingyu settled with the answer. "I just do."

Jisoo nodded and left the room. 

--------------------

a/n: short chapter, i know. i'm working on it >-<

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro