-9 || wonwoo-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A few days after Jisoo and Wonwoo got the project, they'd come up with a plan that paired Wonwoo up with Jeonghan, and Jisoo with Mingyu since they lived together. Somewhere along the way, Jisoo managed to convince Wonwoo to switch partners by bribing him with his dream camera and a new, expensive car for his mother. 

Sitting on a beanbag in the corner of Mingyu's living room, Wonwoo was thinking that maybe a new car and camera was not worth the suffocating atmosphere that he liked to call Awkward at its Extreme. 

Neither of them knew where to start. Wonwoo knew he should explain what he was doing there, but he was distracted. He constantly looked over his shoulder, silently praying Mingyu's dad doesn't come storming in, demanding answers. Afterall, he's Jeon Wonwoo--Mingyu's soulmate that made a fool out of Mingyu. There was bound to be questions and probably even threats. 

Jisoo reassured him on the way that Mingyu's father would be in meetings until late, and by the time he did come back, Wonwoo would be long gone. But as far as Wonwoo knew, this could all be some sort of trap. 

"So," Mingyu said, stiffly. 

Wonwoo sighed. The only to not make this uncomfortable would be to pretend like nothing ever happened. He opened his mouth, but Mingyu beat him to it. 

The younger male bowed his head and held out a hand. "Hi, I'm Kim Mingyu."

Wonwoo lifted an eyebrow. "What are you doing?" 

"We didn't get off to a very good start," Mingyu said. "I was thinking we could start over."

Mingyu's brown orbs were staring at Wonwoo. There was no way they'd just be able to "start over," but it was a better option than how things were going now. 

"Okay," Wonwoo said, carefully. He didn't take Mingyu's hand. "I'm Jeon Wonwoo."

The other male gave him a smile. "Nice to meet you."

Wonwoo nodded slowly, half-hearing what he had just said. He was liking Mingyu's smile more than he should. If this was how things were going to go, he was going to have a hard time being around Mingyu so much. 

He cleared his throat. "Did Jisoo explain why I'm here?" he asked, his gaze now avoiding Mingyu's direction in general. 

"For the most part, I think," the turquoise-haired male said. "You have a project for club to write an article on students, and I'm one of those students."

"It's more like a competition for internships," Wonwoo told him. "Whoever comes up with the best article gets an internship with Hit Media. They also get a prize of $500."

"So, this is a big deal for you then," Mingyu said. He was still grinning at Wonwoo. The older male couldn't understand why. 

"Yeah, you could say that." Wonwoo pushed up his glasses before passing his phone to Mingyu. He noticed Mingyu taking extra care not to accidentally brush his hand with Wonwoo's. Wonwoo was grateful for that. 

"I'll need your number if we're going to be working together," he explained in response to Mingyu's look of confusion. When he finished typing it in, he passed the phone back and Wonwoo sent him a quick text to give Mingyu his own number.

"So, where do we start?" Mingyu asked. 

"I have a list of question to ask you." Wonwoo pulled a notebook from his book bag and flipped open to the first page where him and Jisoo had put together a bunch of questions. The questions were picked based on polls students had submitted. He looked Mingyu in the eye. "I want you to answer as honest as possible. If you don't want to answer a question, you don't have to.

"Where were you born?" 

Mingyu rose an eyebrow. "Do people really want to know my birthplace?"

"Trust me, there are a lot of things people want to know about you." 

Mingyu didn't question any of the other questions and answered all of them so far. Wonwoo was beginning to relax. This wasn't half as bad as he thought it was going to be. He was actually starting to like Mingyu as a person. He was a potential friend. 

"Which side of the bed do you sleep on?" Wonwoo asked. He wasn't proud to have this question on the list, but a lot of people wanted to know for some odd reason, so he and Jisoo couldn't just leave it out. 

"Don't you want to know why I like you?" Mingyu suddenly said. 

The older male sank into the beanbag. Things were going so well. "Not really, no," he told him. 

"Why?"

"I already told you I don't feel the same," Wonwoo reminded him. 

"Even so, aren't you a little curious, at least?"

Wonwoo took a deep breath. "Aren't I the one who's supposed to be asking you the questions?" He didn't mean to display his annoyance in his tone. He didn't miss the hurt that flashed across Mingyu's face. "Sorry," Wonwoo apologized, half-heartedly. Why was he even apologizing?

"No, I should be saying sorry. I won't bring it up again," Mingyu responded sincerely.

Wonwoo looked away before he could see the sad smile that lifted the corner of Mingyu's mouth. 

--------------------

a/n: double update since i was unable to update last week :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro