▼ 3・fishpaw・winners ▼

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

❦ story ❦

"hornetmoon? may i speak to you?"

for a moment, there was silence. then, "do you still insist on using my warrior name, fish-face?"

that gave a snort of laughter from the warrior. "you've never tried to stop me, hornetstar."

"fair enough." a cream tabby and white cat emerged from the rocky hollow. "but don't push your luck. what is it you want?"

"you're not busy right now, are you?"

hornetstar shook her head. "it's been incredibly quiet around here, and for once, my duties are done."

"then can i spend some time with you?"

hornetstar studied the silver tabby tom. "why not ask vixenspring or rootcrow? you've known them the longest."

he did nothing but stare at his leader and friend in the eyes.

"okay, fine," she relented. "you'd better not make me regret leaving my warriors behind, though, or else i'll be lining my nest with your pelt."

the two cats sat on the top of the gorge overlooking the roaring river. they sat together in a comfortable silence, like their own bubble of peace where no one else could disturb them.

"can you remember when we were apprentices? seems like so long ago..."

hornetstar flicked one ear. "that's because it was a long time ago, fish-face."

"do you remember what you were like as an apprentice? you didn't seem to like anyone!"

"i told you not to bring that up anymore," hornetstar chided. "i did like some cats," she added, "but they died, or they left me, so you can't blame me for that."

"you like me."

hornetstar rolled her eyes. "you were insufferably persistent."

"but it worked."

the cream and white cat stared at the river flowing so far down below. "i suppose so." she stood up and stretched her legs, stiff from sitting still. "you're a strange one, fishriver," hornetstar murmured.

"so i've been told." fishriver didn't move as hornetstar got closer. soon enough they were whisker to whisker.

"fishriver." hornetstar stared into her companion's eyes, gratified by the flustered confusion she elicited from him. "persistent and hardworking, yet foolhardy and loud and... drawing..." hornetstar heaved a small sigh, they stood so close that fishriver could feel her breath on his muzzle. "and yet, no one knows where a river begins, or where it ends." hornetstar blinked slowly. "and so much to give," she said under her breath. "cloudstar chose well." she smiled coyly. "but i still prefer to call you fish-face."

fishriver, stunned and speechless, said nothing.

hornetstar paced back and swished her tail. "well, we'd better head back." her brown gaze, uncharacteristically gentle and warm, still stayed on fishriver.

fishriver nodded and began to stand. his gaze strayed onto the ground; he was obviously embarrassed.

"oh, and fishriver?"

fishriver looked up. hornetstar's gaze was still softened, but now it had a playful edge to it.

"don't mention this to any cat," the cream and white she-cat purred, "or else-"

"okay, i know, i know," fishriver laughed.

the two headed back home together.

❦ winners ❦

first place: -Snowybunny- with fishriver

second place: oqlivion- with fishchaser

third place: Varulven15 with fishsong

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro