4.Choosing A Bride

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" I will not have concubines!" the First Prince shouted

"You must !" the Emperor retorted as he slammed his fist into the arm of the Dragon Throne, " If your first and second wife are barren, then how will you have an heir?"

"Royal Father, Royal Mother" the prince said with deadly control, "I only have one woman in my heart, as my quian'sha"

The Empress eyes softened at these words and she curves her lips into a smile. She rests her head on the Emperor's shoulder.

"Your Majesty," she says slowly," if our son has a woman that he wants as his quian'sha then he shouldn't have to marry noisy and trouble-making women"

The Emperor laughs at these words, and he cups his wife's face tenderly.

"Well, he should marry a boisterous, bold, trouble-making woman, because I fell in love with a bad woman who I love dearly"

He tenderly kisses her forehead and she puts her hands on his.

"We shall call the Matchmaker for the girl our sun chooses" the Emperor says firmly and the prince bows.

"Thank you Royal Father and Royal Mother!" the First Prince says.

Village of Wixin in the Southern Lands

A crackle of lightning and a blossoming of flowers mark the coming of an angel. A silent being with eyes hidden behind a cloth that covers them. His gaze pauses on a Matchmaker who is picking herbs, but she doesn't notice until she looks up.

Bright wings like cotton attract insects and other animals. His toned body moves with strength and conviction and is clad in white armor. He carries a lantern that shines a golden light, it has an aura of magic and mystery around it.

He look at the Matchmaker in the eyes and she sees; a calming smile. The halo above his head suddenly disappears, and he stands calmly awaiting his partner.

Another angel appears and she is relatively short being with blindfolded eyes and she stands near her counterpart. They stare at her for a moment causing the Matchmaker to calm down completely.

Two massive wings of liquid gold cast a large shadow on her . Her lean, but muscular body glides in a careful manner and is wrapped in golden cloth. She carries a gold trimmed book, which, although comforting in a way, leaves the Matchmaker confused as to why this being is here. A creature appears near the Matchmaker.

It's two glowing eyes looks at the angels from their huge sockets. A flat nose rests below, but it's the deep mouth below that takes all the attention. A wide smile reveals two pointy canines and a large tongue.

Narrow pointy ears sit on each side of its short, wide head, which itself is covered in wavy hair.

Its low bulky body stands straight. Two thin arms hang at its sides and end in wide hands with curvy fingers, each with long nails.

Its legs are tall and are slightly bent, each ending in wide feet.

Its body is covered in delicate skin and its shoulders are about the same width as its pelvis.

" Who iiiis thissss?" the creature asks

"These are the angels Caphriel and Damabiath" the woman explains to the creature.

"Hmph, damned creatures of light couldn't save my family from demons!" the creature yells his scarlet face matching his temper

" Saznarlug Snowblade! You shock me!" the Matchmaker shouts

Saznarlug scrunches his face into a ball and swears under his breath and waddles off into the house.

"Don't blame him" Caphirel says softly as her gold wings flutter, "he's a mixture of a dwarf and elf so you should know he has a temper"

Damabiath chuckles as his black locks sway in the autumn breeze, " Yes, he does has a temper, but we are at fault. We should've protected his family from the Demons of Al'gar." his bright faces turns somber and his light begins to fade.

"Careful their Dam," Caphirel warns, "you don't want your aurora to be so low as to attract demons and they can make you a Fallen"

Damabiath chuckles darkly, "My parent's are Fallen so I don't think I have a good fate"

Caphirel sighs, "Let's come to discuss with Qiao Nuan what we need to tell her."

Damabiath sighs, "Yes, we have come to tell you about a Divine Match"

Qiao Nuan squeals with delight as she clasps her slightly tanned hands together.

"Come inside for some tea and we shall discuss this matter" she says as she gestures to the house.

From the outside this house looks impressive. It has been built with white stones and has fir wooden decorations. Tall, wide windows add to the overall look of the house and have been added to the house in a very asymmetric way.

The house is equipped with a small kitchen and one average bathroom, it also has a large living room, three bedrooms, a grand dining area, a bar and a snug storage room.

The building is rectangular shaped. The house is fully surrounded by a covered patio.
The second floor is bigger than the first, which creates a stylish overhang on one side of the house. This floor has a different style than the floor below.

The roof is high, triangular and layered and is covered with brown ceramic tiles. One large chimney pokes out the center of the roof. Rows of small windows let in plenty of light to the rooms below the roof.

The house itself is surrounded by paved ground, with a small pond at one side and various potted plants all around the house.

"No thank you" the angels respond

"We only came to give you a name and who will request you" Caphirel says

Damabiath takes the golden trimmed book and lantern and hands them to the woman.

"The lantern contains an ancient magic, it is to be given to the woman as a proposal gift along with the book. The woman's name is P'i Yu-Jin and the Emperor and Empress will call for you to see if this matching will be proper" Damabiath

"But how wi-" before she can finish the two angels are gone and she huffs annoyed

"Maelyrra!" the woman shouts as she enters her home and she gingerly puts the objects on the table.

Maelyrra comes scurrying in in her warm blond hair drooped around her pale full cheeks. She lowers her head and nibbles her lower lip nervously.

"Do we have any mail?" Qiao Nuan asks as she observes the sparkling lantern.

"Yes ma'am," the girl says bowing, "have been summoned by the Emperor and Empress"

The color drains from Qiao Nuan's face as she proceeds to faint.

**Rawr**

Hello readers! Another chapter for youuuu!

1. Did you enjoy this chapter?

2. Who is your favorite character so far?

3. What do you think about our grumpy half dwarf- half elf?

4. You still hanging on the edge of your seat?

5. Any thoughts? Final Comments?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro