Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Everyone was already asleep when Lia got home and she passed out on the sofa.

The dream went on.

The wind blew the feather away from her hands, another strong wind hitting her, and then-

Hands.

There were hands. Wrapping themselves around her neck. Choking her. Lia could feel the pain ; it was too painful to argue or struggle against those hands.

Wake up, wake up!

Her eyes shot open. This time, it was reality. She was alive and breathing, she could feel everything.

But the hands were still there.

The hands were pushing her down. The thumbs pressing the middle of her throat, deeper and deeper, hurting even more.

Pain shot down her throat when the hands gripped her neck even tighter, and Lia's eyes shot open.

It wasn't a dream. It was actually happening, for real.

There was someone on top of her, the weight of the unknown figure holding her down. His hands kept getting tighter and tighter and Lia thought that was the last day she'd ever be alive.

Lia squinted to see who it was.

Long, coppery brown hair. Pursed lips. Tears falling without realization down his cheeks. It was Jeonghan.

She didn't know why he was doing this. What did he hated so much about her to the extent where he did this? What did he have against her? What did she do to him?

"J-jeong....han.." Lia's voice was barely audible enough for anyone, even Jeonghan to hear. She managed to croak his name, and within a few seconds, Jeonghan gasped.

The grip on her neck loosened, but his hands were still there. Jeonghan just stared at Lia. She was coughing, her hands rubbing the pain on her neck away. It was terribly painful, almost being choked to death.

"Lia..?" Jeonghan mutters, confusion was clearly in his eyes, and it looked like he didn't know what he did. Lia just looks at him back with tears.

"You didn't have to go to that extent even if you hated me so much," Lia cries, her tears making Jeonghan panic even more and more "I don't know what I did to you to make you hate me this much, but you didn't have to do this."

There was nothing much he could do when Jeonghan was that confused. Why was she choking her? He doesn't know too. It wasn't him, he swore it wasn't him. He was unconsciously doing so.

"I'm sorry," Jeonghan mumbles.

"You can't just try to kill someone then say sorry like it's nothing!" Lia shouts at him, her face red with anger. Jeonghan looked like he was taken aback by what she said.

"You can't just tell someone you love her and then leave her without a word! You can't just come back saying that you want her back when she's clearly gotten over you! You never think about other people's feelings and do as you like," Lia goes on.

"I loved you so much but then you went and left, you lied about everything. Do you think I don't have any feelings for you to be able to do that?" Lia's tone faded softer and softer, her sobs intensifies, and she buries her face in her hands.

Jeonghan was really speechless. The man just snapped back to reality and here she was, finally letting out everything she's been holding back at him.

"I'm sorry," Jeonghan embraces the frail figure that was shaking "I'm really sorry, Lia."

It was obvious that Lia was sick of him. She tried struggling free but Jeonghan just gripped her even tighter. The longer they stayed that way, the more memories of both of them kept playing back in her mind, even though she carefully stored it deep st the back of her mind.

"Let me go," Lia says.

"No," Jeonghan answers "listen to what I have to say."

"Let me.. go!" Lia pushes Jeonghan away, making the man stagger and fall behind. She makes an attempt to run, but at the spur of the moment Jeonghan grabbed hold of her wrist and pushed her to the wall.

"I said, listen to what I have to say first." He holds her shoulders tightly, and Lia didn't know where to look. Their faces were just centimeters away from each other's.

Jeonghan sighs, "I can't really do anything about your feelings now. I'm really sorry."

"There's no turning back in the past now, and I know that. I didn't leave you on purpose. I left you for the best. There are some things that you don't know or understand, and it's just-"

"Then tell me!" Lia yells back "explain those things to me! I don't care how complicated they are but at the very least tell me rather than leaving without a word!"

Lia opened her mouth to say more, but Jeonghan connected their lips, and Lia felt nothing but shock and the urge to slap him. She was angry.

"I couldn't explain this in words, can I..?" Jeonghan asks when he pulls away.

"Listen, I know I left you. I know I made everything hard for you, but there's no use in holding grudges for so long. I'm controlling your anger and that's not good for you."

"I'm sorry, Amelia. And I mean it. Please let me love you again. Please." Jeonghan pleads, his eyes staring intently at her.

"Please," Jeonghan pleads again, his eyes glassy despite the dark "I just want you back."

Lia shakes her head. She didn't want to hear anymore from him. It was horrible. He can't beg for a second chance. He doesn't deserve it from what he's done.

Lia looks away and manages to slide away from him, scrambling to get to the stairs.

"Is it because of my hair...?"

Lia just froze right after he said that.

"It is, isn't it?" Jeonghan smiles faintly, but the smile wavers, his lips trembling. It looked like his eyes were about to cry rivers of tears but he held back "I knew it was because of my hair."

"Were you that ashamed to have someone who looked like a girl as your lover?" Jeonghan raises his voice, his hands finding their way towards a pair of kitchen scissors, holding it upwards.

"Tell me, Lia, why can't you love me?" Jeonghan asks, the scissors just centimeters away from his hair.

"If it's my hair then I'm willing to get rid of it," Jeonghan says.

Snip.

Lia gasps. Jeonghan had snipped half of his hair short.

It wasn't true. Lia loved his hair.

"If I do this, will you love me the same?"

Snip.

"Jeonghan, no." Lia says, stepping even closer to him "stop, that's not true."

"I love you, Lia. I really do."

Snip.

Strands of hair were on the floor. Jeonghan was left with an uneven haircut, but what Lia cared about was why he was doing this even though she didn't want him to.

"Will you love me now, Lia?" Jeonghan's lips seem to quiver, and he takes a step forward towards Lia "I promise it won't happen again. I swear I won't ever leave you."

"So please, Lia," Jeonghan begs, holding her face in his hands, his thumb brushing her tears away "please."

Lia's heart shattered looking at him like that, but she shook her head. She just couldn't love him again. It wasn't the same. Nothing was. They wouldn't return to how everything they used to be.

"Jeonghan, I'm sorry," Lia breathes out those words, and her tears couldn't stop falling no matter how hard she tried to stop.

"I'm sorry, Jeonghan, I can't." Lia steps back from him, wiping her cheeks with her sleeve "I just...can't."

When Lia leaves after giving her answer and her back was facing him, Jeonghan's anger piled up. He wanted to burn the house and kill every single family member.

Jeonghan swore, he would make Lia feel at loss as much as he did.

And at that exact moment, he had made the choice of who to get rid of between two of them.

He needed to kill Jisoo.

-------------------------

Behind the scenes of Crestfallen:

Jeonghan: *angrily sweeps his hair off the floor*

So his hair is finally short! Man I've been waiting forever to make this scene happen. I've already writren it since the start of fallacy i swear, i was so excited.

Coincidence because at that time I never expected Jeonghan would cut his hair so boom future predicted

Anyway, I finally felt a tinge of sadness today because I discovered new ballads so that's great.

Look forward to what I might do to Jisoo next ;)

Till then see y'all ♡

- Cee

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro