Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Has the boy arrived?" the archangel questions, placing down his beverage onto the table. The guards checked outside the door, and when they confirmed it was him, he orders with a loud voice, "Bring him in!"

Two other guards dragged the boy in by his arms, the boy unable to walk properly. His wings were dark and dirty, a trail of burgundy staining the pure white of the fabric as he faced the archangels, ready for his judgement. This was it, Jeonghan thought to himself, unable to bring himself to look up at the looks from the archangels that already screamed despise.

This is what I deserve.

"Yoon Jeonghan," the male archangel calls his name, voice deep and somehow echoed in Jeonghan's ear, "You bring nothing but disgrace to the Above." Yeah, I know, so just get on with it already.

Flipping through the papers that were put together, the female archangel speaks up after a while, "You were brought in for killing a girl's parents just for your brother. What is this selfishness?"

"Her father killed mine." Jeonghan responded, finally looking up at the archangels who were sitting in a line behind this long, golden table. It was hard to describe what he saw as it was quite bright, but he could tell there was no God behind this. Heck, now that he thinks of it, why isn't God himself punishing him? If the rules of the Above really did exist, then why are the archangels carrying it out? Why are they the ones who were giving and deciding punishments? Did God even exist, at this point?

"That doesn't justify why you had the right to kill hers, as revenge," Another archangel piped up, folding his arms, "We Angels were taught not to respond to violence with violence. That was what we all learned before we were sent down, Yoon Jeonghan."

They didn't understand how he felt. This was unfair. Jeonghan could feel his blood boil; he loved his parents dearly. How could he accept it when some man killed his source of happiness just for some research? Humans were never supposed to seek for angels; they were defying the laws of the Above. Yet even if there were people like the man who killed his parents, none of the Angels above took action of it. And now, it was Jeonghan who got the punishment?

"Tell you what - let's make it simple here. Do you know what happens when an Angel breaks the rules?"

"Why am I the one punished?"

"You killed an innocent child's parents for your own greed."

"But see- she admitted it! She allowed me to take her happiness away!" Jeonghan breaks free form the grip of the two angels beside him, rummaging through his pocket as he struggles to get away form the grip of the two angels, "Look! It's inside her letter that she wrote; take my happiness, and share them with people. Her happiness was her parents, so I took them away. I was never at fault; she was willing."

Jeonghan looked hopeful. Not that he wasn't prepared for the punishment; he already kind of expected it after all. But he just wanted to prove himself right. That he had the right to use a child's wish to save his brother. That it wasn't for his own greed, his selfishness.

The head archangel hastily gets up from his seat and leaves the room. Jeonghan looked dumbfounded.

"Will I be free? Am I no longer guilty?"

"Son of Yoon!" the head archangel roared, hitting his fist on the table, leaving a long period of silence. His voice does not waver nor soften, however, as he goes on, "You are banished from the Above! Leave this instance!"

Jeonghan's expression dropped. His heartbeat quickened, "Wait- what did I do?"

"What did you do?" the head archangel roared again, leaning on the edge of the table to get a good view of the angel he was judging, "Not only did you murdered for revenge; but you tried to change fate! Saving your brother - he was meant to die, Yoon! We angels can never do anything about fate! Stop using tricks and alternatives to prove yourself innocent. Leave this instance!"

Jeonghan clenched his fist, thrashed around to free himself, "I loved my parents and my brother, of course I would do anything for them!"

"That does not make murder acceptable!"

"Joshua was dying, of course I would do anything to save him!"

They were never blood related, but they'd always been brothers. Jeonghan's took care of him ever since he was a child, ever since the young boy was dropped in front of his family's doorstep without a single note or message in a warm basket, wrapped in patterned blankets. His mother said that it was a blessing. His father said that it was joy. Jeonghan said it was all about being a big brother now. Jeonghan was Joshua's guardian angel.

When Jeonghan got home to the body of his parents that turned into stone, he panicked. Jeonghan didn't know much about the human world; he still didn't know what to do at times like that. He knew Joshua was ill, but he never thought that he would have the strength to take care of Joshua on his own. So, while kissing his sleeping younger brother goodbye, Jeonghan dropped him off at the orphanage, waiting for the caretakers to take him in. His heart hurt, but it burned with fury remembering the man who stepped out of his home taking the body of his parents along with him. It didn't take Jeonghan long to realize that he was a researcher, someone who sought truth about the Above, an alternate world from the Human world. The world where Jeonghan came from.

Without hesitation, Jeonghan had killed the man and his wife. That was the cure. A human's happiness; that was the cure for Joshua. Jeonghan would do anything for him, just to see him alive and smiling again.

Jeonghan just wanted his brother to be happy. What did he do wrong?

"Joshua was dying," Jeonghan trembled, voice softening at the thought of his sibling. He was no longer allowed to meet Joshua again as he had to maintain his angel form.

The archangel pursed his lips. Another archangel elbowed him lightly.

"O son of Yoon! You are no longer one of us. Leave this place, for you are a disgrace. No longer are you an Angel nor a Devil; for you are somewhere in between. Join the humans - those ungrateful beings - and live as a Fallen Angel, that is your curse."

Slowly, feather by feather began to fall out. It was sharp and painful, but never as painful as the new black wings that grew from his back. His skin tore, blood gushing out; Jeonghan's never imagined the angels of a Fallen to be this painful.

"Never return." The archangel reminds him, before completely leaving the judgement room. It was quite hazy for Jeonghan after that as he couldn't really remember much, but the memory of the tears that streamed down his face blending with the pain of his newly grown wings; that moment will never fade away.

Jeonghan was sent down to earth with a heart full of hatred to his brother. The happiness of a human, the cure for Joshua - it wouldn't last long, for Jeonghan's hatred towards him grows.

+++

It was almost Christmas, yet nobody was really in the mood for it.

When the news hit them, everyone was shocked. How could they not be? All of a sudden Shia shouted something, something about cancer, right after the moment Joshua took off his scarf. They were all in the midst of having fun and talking during the reunion party. It took moments for everyone to process what the younger girl had actually said, and minutes later Seungcheol was driving away to the hospital. Jisoo touched the back of his neck; a look of guilt on his face.

The whole ride, although Seungcheol was the on ebombarding him with questions, Lia was unusually quiet. Hansol noticed, but said nothing, as he knew what was going through his sister's mind.

Lia was scared of losing Jisoo for the second time, and everyone knows it, even Jisoo himself.

"Lia, I am so sorry. I really am. I shouldn't have said it in front of everyonel I should've called you to somewhere private to talk about it, please, I really am so sorry," Shia had tears in her eyes, gripping both of Lia's hands. The older girl didn't respond. Shia kept apologizing; somehow looking at her friend who couldn't say nor do anything made her feel even worse. She let go of her hands when Seungcheol gently touched her shoulder, persuading Shia to leave.

Everyone was dead worried, but Seungcheol managed to make everyone go home warm and safe. He wasn't sure where Jeonghan went, but there was no time to care about that. He felt horrible seeing Lia unable to say a word. He's sent Hansol to contact Jisoo's parents.

"Lia." Seungcheol sat down next to the girl, fiddling with his own hands. In situations like these, it was hard for him to talk to her; she wouldn't listen to anything.

"Lia, we don't know for sure. Not yet. So don't worry too much, alright?" seungcheol put his hand on top of his sister's, warm sweaty palm trying its best to convince her cold ones.

"If we believe in him, Jisoo would be fine."

That was it. Lia got up, feeling the party snacks she had earlier rising to her throat. It was burning and disgusting; Lia ran to the toilet. She let everything out until there was nothing left in her stomach, panting as she squatted down in the cubicle. She felt her cheeks; no tears. This was absurd. She couldn't even cry.

Tell your lover boy that his guardian angel won't be looking out for him anymore.

Lia threw up again. Everything was a blur. So many things were finally beginning to make sense inside her head now. She knew Jeonghan was hiding something. She knew Jeonghan did something. She really knew Jeonghan was one of the reasons.

Lia finally knew Jeonghan was the reason Jisoo was going to die.

------------------------------------------------------------

im sorry if this story doesnt make sense anymore to all of you because it surely doesnt to me whoops

thank god??? i finally wrote this. there were previous drafts, but they were in my old laptop that crashed and cant be repaired anymore so boohoo

im still a little confused as to how to put the story into order and into words...like i know whats going to happen but writing is the hardest part

honestly im writing this so that i feel less guilty if i want to start a new jeonghan fic :)

yes i hope i'll have time to write it. it's about a boy who loves to sleep and a girl who cant sleep. but with a twist ;)

have a nice day everyone <3

- cee

(Also recommend me good korean variety shows to watch pls i've watched It's Dangerous Beyond the Blankets and i love it i can totally relate pls watch it guys)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro