1: Preparations

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A lot can happen during a lifetime.

And the best example can be seen on this very day,

The invitations were given. Everyone was invited. Now, it's time for the wedding of the decade.

"..where the two souls were bound to meet each other after realizing that loyalties are fucked up and it runs in their veins-" Rensa was cut off by Jen who was plucking flower petals and tossing them in the basket. While Kat helped her out, doing the same thing.

"I hope you're not actually rehearsing that for the speech," Jen groused, tossing another empty bloom into the pile of dead flowers.

Kat hums and glances to Rensa with an arch of a brow, "Wait, are you actually?"

"Nope. I'm saying this." Rensa cleared her throat. "heLLo hOeS!!! I aM rEnSa aNd i wiLL bE oFfiCiAtiNg tHe cHaOs--- I mean, the wedding ceremony. Now go drink Solar's blood and wed yourselves AND HAVE MANY MANY CHILDREN AND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER THE END!!!"

Rensa snickered, jumping up to her toes upon seeing Abby lurking around the area to hunt her down and wear her holy dress for the occasion instead of her ridiculous yellow jumpsuit with her husband- Whanos, image printed pattern.

"... The fu-"

"RENSA COME BACK HERE I SWEAR TO GOD WHAT EVEN IS THAT-"

"MY HUSBAND BISH, HE'S TOO BIG TO FIT IN THE CHURCH! THIS IS THE LEAST I CAN DO FOR HIM!" Rensa boomed, twirling in the utmost seriousness. "THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL TRUE LOVE, PEASANTS!"

"GET BACK HERE!" The exasperated Abby chased down the to-be priest, who shrieked and ran away with laughter. "YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO CHANGE THAT, IT'S NOT FIT FOR A CEREMONY!"

"I swear whatever's happening down there better not be hell." Glace winced upon hearing Rensa's obnoxious voice from the hall. Her eyes were closed while Gail patted the face powder on her face. Her dark long locks were tied into a bun/braid, and her lips were painted with a delicate coral color, complimenting her sun-kissed skin. Her heart has been racing non-stop since the night before, anticipating and nervous for this very day. She's going to be married to the love of her life.

"Oh gosh, oh gosh, let me scream, this is so beautiful, my daughter is so beautiful!" Mia clasping her hand to her burning cheeks making proud mother noises as Gail does a few finishing touches. Sera, Gail, and Beatrice also had themselves groomed and done, all of them being the cute bridesmaids in their long-sleeved turquoise dress, in which the sleeves were decorated with beautiful black laces and flower embroidery. "I have never felt so pretty in my life." Beatrice stared at her dress and at herself in satisfaction. 

"Done!" Gail exclaimed breathlessly, satisfied with her work. "Glace's hair looks like a masterpiece! Everyone else can go home now."

"Damn, Lax better not faint," Beatrice giggled along with the others.

"But Xin is getting pretty late and the bride's dress is with her," Sera pointed out, a little bit anxious. Xin had forgotten to bring the bride's dress and she was heading over to her workshop to fetch the dress, and it's been half an hour since then.

"Ahhh the cake is higher than my IQ," Manyee gasped, her hands holding the camera steadily, recording the kitchen area where the wedding cake- might outmatch Elsa's ice giants height-is hidden, away from the children's reach. Ari gave a thumbs up to the camera while Malik's gaping face was successfully recorded and zoomed in. 

"Do you use ladders to place the doll up there?" Malik asked, pointing to a certain, awfully familiar doll in a blue toddler wear with one of its eyelids half-open, enough to scare sweet dreams away.

Abby, whose hair was stuck out all over the place, drags a tired hand across her face. "I'm so done." She states firmly as her shoulders sag. "Get that thing off."

Raine stared at the cursed doll, "What's that doing there?" She asked no one in particular.

"WHY THE HECK IS THAT CURSED DOLL ON THE CAKE?! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A MINI BRIDE AND A GROOM UP THERE!" Ari yapped, quickly finding the ladder to remove the doll. "Someone please burn that doll or just get it out of my sight! I don't want any of those cursed dolls on this beautiful wedding cake that I work on for hours!" Manyee facepalmed, knowing fully well this wedding has been cursed before it even started.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile with the groom, Lax was pacing around his room. He was already done with everything, and never did he look as dashing and cool as today, with his white tuxedo and a red rose tucked in his right front pocket as he ran his hand through his fluffy hair. His heart was beating faster than normal, so fast that he might die due to cardiac arrest. Pacing around the room wasn't helping with clearing his mind either. He flinched upon the sudden knock on his door and quickly went to the door and opened them.

"I'm here for the rings," Scar said, with a red pillow holding up to him. Her head was thinking up ways on how she could escape from being the ring bearer and yet she can't do that since it's the Queen of Angst's wedding and as the crown princess of angst, she has to obey. "Why me out of all 20+ people-" she grunted, muttering under her breath.

Scar turned towards the exit, where there was an opening that allowed her to wiggle out of—if she could just get past Abby, who just went past the room.

Just when Lax placed two boxes of the wedding rings, a wild Rensa has appeared! Knocking over Scar in her attempt to escape from Mama Abby, the box fell onto the floor. "WHAT THE HELL RENSA?!"

"ABBY IS TRYING TO TAKE OFF MY CLOTHES!"

"I WAS TRYING TO MAKE HER WEAR THE GOWN! THAT HIDEOUSNESS ISN'T GOING TO WEAR OFF ON IT'S OWN, JUST SO YOU KNOW!"

"We have a problem," Lax interjected, his voice cutting clean between the girls' sparked debate.

The bickering halted at once, and all girls present turned towards the male in white. His hand was clenching the velvet box, though the insides were empty.

"Glace's ring is gone," Lax wisped, his throat tightening in fear.

Rensa blinked. "Oh, fuck me."

"You can say that again," Abby locks an arm over the troublemaker's neck. "You're so dead to us." 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"All good Dawn? Need my help with anything?" Rika smiled, approaching Dawn who's at the receptionist, welcoming them and the guests showing her their invitations cards to the occasion. Dawn smiled back after gulping down her glass of water.

"I'm good! Is everything ready? The guests are starting to pile up," Dawn said, checking the guest list. "A few more special guests and perhaps we can get started."

"Dawn! Did you see Xin anywhere?" Sera asked, panting heavily while running towards them. She leaned to a nearby wall to catch her breath.

"No? Why?"

"The wedding dress is with her..." Sera muttered, "it's getting crowded in the main hall and the wedding should be starting soon."

"Fuck tradition. Just get her to wear a pair of bikinis for all I care," Scar jogged over, a sheen of sweat glazed over her dark skin. Her navy blue tuxedo was moist, indicating that she had been running. Before the two told her off, she raised her hand and slammed it down to the table. "The ring's gone."

"GONE?!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN GONE?!"

"HOW-"

"OH NO!"

"WHAT THE HELL DID Y'ALL DO-"

"DID I JUST FUCKING HEAR THE RINGS, THE RINGS, ARE GONE?!—"

"Chill, at least I'm here," Rensa piped up, popping out of nowhere beside Dawn. The three turned to her, their expressions diverse, but it conveyed the same exasperated motion. "What, they can't get married if I'm not here right? I'm the priest!"

"You mean Satan? Pretty much." Scar commented.

"Hey, do you know whose doll this is? Someone yeeted her onto the cake." Malik asked, just got out from the kitchen.

Rensa screeched, "OH, MY ANGEL! MY SWEET, SWEET CHILD!" as she hugged the doll so hard its limbs began to pop.

Rika sank down Dawn's seat, which the other had now abandoned. "We're doomed," she declared, taking a deep breath.

"No, not yet." Dawn tried to neutralize the situation, pulling out her phone. "Let me check on Xin first; Malik, help me inform the others that the wedding will start a bit later due to technical disorders. Rika, tell everyone up there to get ready and what's going on and to help search for the ring. And Rensa," Dawn exhaled, turning to Rensa as if she was bestowing a baton of life to her, "go get yourself dressed."

"Do I look undressed to you?"

"Rensa!"

"Okay, boomer," she pouted, skipping off with the dress she'd taken from Abby.

With that, everyone quickened their pace, doing what Dawn has ordered. Most of them, aside for Glace (who was too nervous to do anything), started searching at the corridors for the ring, Ari was done fixing the cake's mess and Manyee have to help Abby, putting on Rensa's clothes and do her hair.

"Dawn!" Xin finally picked up her phone. "THE TRAFFIC IS HEAVY, I'M STUCK ON THE BUS AGAIN, HOW'S THE PREPARATION GOING?!"

"Terribly," Dawn answered, taking her bike keys in the reception desk drawers, and fetching two helmets. "I'm on my way, get off at the next stop and tell me where you are." Seems like her hair needed to be retouched again once she gets back.

"Fuck! Where the hell is that goddamn ring?!" Scar groaned, being one with the loudest voice there from all the complaints. Not to mention, she's the ring bearer for the wedding. "Rensa I swear to god, Garfield Sans Thanos won't be saved."

"LEAVE MY SON ALONE YOU HALI ABUSER!" Rensa's scream was heard from the other room beside Glace's, making the soon-to-be bride wonder what in the cinnamon toast fuck is going on.

"Are these the rings?" Two shiny circular objects appeared in front of her, placed in a fresh, soft palm.

Scar looked up so fast that she might get a whiplash upon the familiar voice. Her eyes blinked as Kaz was crouched in front of her, grinning. "Well, you look like crap. I thought it would be time for me to come and crash the party."

"Kaz!"

"Ah," Lax breaths, tears of relief threatening to spill from the corner of his eyes. "Kaz, you made it." His palm opened as Kaz dropped the two metallic rings into his hands, closing his fist as a grin plastered onto his face. "Thank you."

"Hey, handsome." The girl grinned and patted the groom on his back. "Can't believe you look good today. You normally look like you belong in street food vendors," Kaz squirmed at Lax, whose expression was still looking like he would drop to his knees right then and there. "Don't look at me like that. You should be grateful."

"Yeah, whatever," Lax scoffs with a chuckle, wiping his moist eyes with the back of his hand.

"I'll go check on the others. See you, Laxative."

"I'M SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG- PUBLIC TRANSPORT SUCKS. THE DRESS IS HERE AND THERE'S NO TIME TO WASTE I'M SORRY," Xin screamed, hopping off the bike (that didn't even stop yet) and immediately sprinted towards Glace's room. Jena popped her head out from the main hall door, checking what the hell was going on that can compete with the music blasting from the stereos. "Guys, c'mon! Everyone to your positions!"

"GLACE HURRY UP PLEASE THE WEDDING'S ABOUT TO START!" Xin whisper-screamed while leaning against the wall next to the door, seemingly irritated but internally panicking like hell.

Just as Xin was about to slide off the wall and start sobbing quietly on the floor, Glace kicks the door open, clad in her flowy, long, Elsa-like dress.

Xin launched herself from the wall she was leaning against, sighing in relief.

"Let's get this party started-"

A blue, weird-looking doll suddenly appeared out of nowhere and hitting Xin on the head, causing her to stumble.

"What in the frickery just... wait a minute..."

It was the same doll that she'd burned before the wedding.

Rensa's cursed doll.

"OH MY GOD, I SWEAR I BURNED IT WHY IS IT HERE AGAIN!?"

Xin immediately dumped her two bottles of holy water on the doll and beat it with her holy cross and scissors, before letting it dry and then set it on fire once she threw it outside.

Damned Satan, she's getting a taste of her scissors later. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She'd seen better days, but this was not one of them. Scar would rather deal with another relapse of her own coffee nightmares than deal with that doll. If they won't disintegrate it, she will.

Scar turned towards the panicking group of her friends and sighed in exasperation. First Lax loses his damn rings, and now suddenly everyone's got stage fright. She really doesn't get paid for any of this.

She clenched the velveted pillow in her hands and the rings in the other, the metallic surface moving inside her grasp. Her friend's journey of a sole adventurer was coming to an end, and she herself had no intent to ever finish her journey. A small smirk formed at the corner of her mouth; at least she'll have teasing rights now.

"Are we ready?" Scar heard Xin ask Glace. Glace gave a thumbs up, and that's when things were getting started. Xin gave the tech-team the signal, and that's when everything they'd prepared for, finally come to life.

"Alright.. Everyone is a go-go. Now, Let's go to the wedding, losers!" Kat cheers with the others.

Scar sighed out of relief, grateful that she would no longer have to be pestered to wear a wedding gown.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Originally planned to be a oneshot, but it ended up being so long. It's currently on 20,000+ words, including the comments. 

Hope you all enjoy this. Chapter 2 will be out as soon as everyone has finished editing it.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro