4: Reception Part 2 (Chaos)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Ahem... And now!" Kat snatched the microphone from the stand, capturing everyone's attention. "The wedding gifts will now be gifted!"

Jena blinked. "I don't think that's how this works-"

Kat covered the tip of the mic. "Do we really have a choice, bro?" She uncovered it and stepped on the stage. "Now.. Can we have our lovely bride and groom up in front for the gift-giving?"

"Oh, gifts?" Kaz mumbled, already starting to doze off. Lax seized this chance to take Glace's wrist and pulled her away from Kaz's ungodly grasps.

"Of course! Gifts~" Kat states before covering the mic, and then mumbles with a wide grin and twitching eye, "Now come up, losers. Or you would rather continue this fudging mess of consequences—"

When the two managed to scurry up to the stage, their friends hastily followed along with the change of plans. "Good, now... Presenting!" Kat tried to sound as enthusiastic as she was able to. Jolyn and Jena dragged a rather gigantic box from the backstage, following Kat's cue. "Your first gift!"

When the box was wheeled out, it was a giant fridge and many, many coffee packets on the side.

"What the actual fuck is that?!" Blaze shouted overlapping the now quiet music.

"LANGUAGE! Anyways, since Glace, you are well known for loving caffeine, here you go, also there's a surprise inside the fridge don't tell any— Okay... Excuse me, what is this card?!" Kat read the cards in her hands, but they made no sense as a bazillion crazy authors struggled to make an eligible script. "WHO THE HELL MADE THIS CARD— HECK SINCE WHEN DID I HAVE IT?!"

"NO! HOW ABOUT; WHO HAD THE BALLS TO WRAP A RIBBON AROUND THAT THING?!" Cyclone cried, pointing to the golden ribbon that was tied around the fridge like a birthday present.

Kat turned towards the fridge for a while, and back to Cyclone. "I believe that it was Rensa and Jena, so thank them for their efforts." Kat stated calmly, but then murmur under her breath in anger of herself, 'Even though I fudging knew that!—'

"I NEEDED IT TO LOOK PRESENTABLE!"

"ALRIGHT! WE GET IT. OKAY, BOOMER! SheEsh—"

For the next hour, Kat took her sweet time presenting all the gifts. Though after twenty minutes, she had to be swapped with Jolyn, because Kat nearly had a seizure from laughing too much. The gifts ranged from psychotic to extravagant, which was proved when Kat gifted them a house that crashed outside somehow safely, and when someone gave them a cream lime pie to plant it into Lax's face.

Craziness aside, they also received new outfits that were custom designed (courtesy of Xin), and a lifetime supply of coffee which was given by Rensa. Glace's coffee outbursts were notorious amongst the chat, so it was obviously a troll.

Manyee, who had gone for all this time, had taken up the responsibility of caring for the drunk mothers. Now they were all dead asleep at the corner, and they weren't going to wake up anytime soon. While Kat pokes their lazy dead bodies to prove that they were completely out of this world.

Anyhow, it was the final dance of the night, and everyone was involved. Quake had finally gathered up the courage to ask a girl to dance, to which the lucky girl's name was Jena. Jena went up to Supra who was following Quake at the time and whispered to him, "You should go and dance with Kat~ She ain't dancing with anyone and I'm pretty sure she's waiting for you to ask her!" Supra blushed at the thought and then only nodded at Jena. Jena gave him a smirk and brought Quake to the dance floor. As the others cheered on their advancement, Gail, Kat, and Rensa cheered for their ship.

Meanwhile, Supra went to find Kat. He looked around for a while then found her by the DJ with Malik and Xin. It seems like they were in the middle of a bit of an awkward conversation. Despite this, they remained talking with no care. He walked up to her and "tried" to ask Kat to dance with him. Let's just say he failed miserably, Kat giggled at his failed attempt to ask her. But she understood what he meant. So she excused herself from the others and dragged Supra to the dance floor, hearing Malik and Xin teasing them as they walked away.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Scar choked on her beer when Quake stepped on Jena's feet for the twentieth time. Some things were just not meant to be, she thought.

As they were "dancing," they passed by Kat and Supra. Jena looked at the two, smirking, and told Quake to go closer to the two while they dance. Once they were pretty close, Jena teased the two.

"Ayeee~ Kat finally got a boy to dance with~" Jena then looked at Supra and said, "Ya' managed to ask her for a dance! Good job Supra~" Quake looked at Jena confused. Jena noticed that and said "Good luck you two~" before pulling Quake with her.

Jena and Quake are quite far from them, cheeks hot and flushing bright red as they realized their position. They made eye contact with each other then looked away, their faces red. 

Quake looked exhausted and Jena noticed it. She pulled Quake towards the balcony and sat at the chairs there, leaving a giggling Kat and a flustered Pichu with her on the dance floor.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, Jolyn had to DJ all on her own while Xin kept her company and occasionally help Jolyn out with the DJing. Of course, Jena came by and said sorry. She entrusted Xin to Jolyn before she left with Quake again. Quivering behind the booth, Xin is still afraid of Rensa's cursed dolls.

Meanwhile, the elementals had gathered in another place, they noticed someone was missing, and that "someone" being is Solar.

"Aghh! Where did that light bulb go!?" Thunderstorm said, obviously frustrated and worried.

"Don't worry mom, we'll find dad!" Supra said to Thunderstorm to try to calm him down. "Last I saw him was when we were at the church." Cyclone said.

The rest pretty much said similar thing as Cyclone. "There's only half an hour left till the wedding is over! We gotta find him soon." Quake said while checking the watch on his wrist.

"Thunder, go with Cyclone and Supra to check the bathrooms and the halls. Blaze, Ice, and FrostFire, you guys are going to check outside, ask around if they've seen Solar, maybe they've seen him. Thorn and Glacier, you're with me. We're going to check buffet. Let's regroup here in 20 minutes." They all nodded in agreement and went to their designated places.

Time passed, the elementals and fusions, excluding Solar, gathered once more. "Any luck?" Quake asked the others.

"Nope. We checked every hall and bathroom, we even asked a few people but we couldn't find him." Cyclone reported. He then glanced over to Thunderstorm and Supra, who both nodded.

"We didn't find him in the buffet as well. Blaze, Ice, Frostfire, any luck on asking around?" Quake asked worriedly.

"Nothing," Ice said, his icy blue eyes focusing on the earth elemental. "We asked nearly everyone, but they had no idea where Solar is."

"We even asked Lax and Mia," Blaze said. "They both had this weird look on their faces, but they claimed that they don't know where he is."

"Who exactly did you not ask?" Quake said, dreading the answer.

"Glace and Rensa."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Glace lightly tapped Scar's shoulder while the latter was drinking some alcohol from the refreshments table.

The said person turned around, ready to snap at whoever dared to talk to him. He was holding a glass in his hand, but he faltered when he saw Glace standing in front of him.

"What now?" he snapped at her irritably instead.

"Aren't you gonna do something on Hali?" Glace asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you fucking serious?" Scar asked before downing the rest of the contents in his glass. "They already know that Solar's missing. I can't exactly make a move without raising their suspicion."

"So they already know that Solar is missing, eh?" Glace asked, an evil grin forming on her face. "This is gonna be fun."

"You get all the fun," Scar grumbled, slamming down her glass back on the table.

Glace rolled her eyes and lightly kissed Scar's cheek, to which the latter blushed and went to punch her.

"Goddamnit, Glace. Not in public. Especially not on your wedding," Scar hissed, to which Glace just smirked.

The bride went to get a glass of punch from the table and stood beside Scar. She went to sniff her glass, making sure that there was no trace of alcohol in the drink. You can't be too careful with her friends.

"Speaking of wedding," Glace said, sipping from her glass. "What do you think of it?"

"Chaotic," Scar deadpanned, reaching out for another glass of alcohol. "I don't get paid enough for this."

Glace slapped his hand away before he could even reach past her. "No more alcohol, Scarlet Eclipse."

"What's with the full name?" Scar groaned out. He complied, however, and reached for a cup of coffee instead.

"But seriously though," Glace asked, facing him once again. "How do you feel about the wedding?"

"I don't mind it, to be honest," Scar said, before smirking. "Besides, I ship you too as well."

"Ugh, not you too," Glace groaned. "I hate you, Scar."

"Love ya too, you lil shit."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When the final verse of the last song ended, Glace and Lax gathered all of their friends in one place. They stood on the stage, raising a glass of champagne, and Glace's eyes were brimming with crystal tears.

"Thank you for everything, guys. I could not ask for more."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

'Tis finally done! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Jkjk. There's a large possibility of having a sequel to this book. I don't know what it's gonna be about, since our gc is mostly dead due to school.

Anyway, the next parts will revolve around the behind the scenes in the making of this book.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro