~ 18 ~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Once I'd decided that I'd have to make my way to the mountain, I looked to my hands. They glistened with gold dust, I shook it off and it delicately fell to the ground, glistening on the wildflowers that surrounded me. No longer were they wilted but were now in full bloom.

I smiled, bringing life back to such a feeble plant made it worthwhile. What I was hoping to accomplish, I wasn't sure, perhaps, find a portal? Which I did, there was one embedded within the mountain, another one near the Mermaid encampment and the last by the edge of Neverland's borders, however the last one was shifty, I couldn't tell its exact location.

I crouched down, inspecting a particular flower. Pan claimed we'd do afternoon training together but I sensed he'd direct my power in a way that'd be useful to him only. Perhaps I should train on my own as well, only seeking the guidance of the Indians and Mermaids.

I reached out towards Pan, combing the island for his presence. However I couldn't find the negative antiness that was him. I frowned as I stood. He was gone, he wasn't on Neverland at all.

I made my way back to camp in a confused state, first he tells me that there's no way off the island and then he goes and disappears. I looked up and almost run into the shaft of an arrow.

"Felix." I breathed a sigh of relief. "You almost got me there."

His eyes narrowed, he lifted his arrow slightly higher. The hood resting on his head, casted his face into grim shadow. "You're not to leave the camp."

"I didn't intend to." I replied smoothly. A lie of course, well, I wasn't sure.

"Then why are you scuttling around like you're harbouring guilt?" He asked cruelly, drawing the arrow back even further. I gulped.

"What's made you be like this?" I asked quietly. With his arrow, he makes a movement for me to start walking. Step by step I begin, until I walk into I'm in the centre of the camp. Felix lashes out at the back of my knees and I fall to the ground with a cry. "What's gotten into you?" I cry, wincing in pain as I'm pulled from the ground by a burly Lost Boy. Chen. The name forms in my mind, he's of Asian descent and his face is thick and rounded. His eyes are dark and his hood covers his face in shadow, giving him a menacing look.

"Look, and see, the punishment ordered by Pan upon Maria for attempting to engage in a sexual relationship." Mutters break out among the group. They've probably never heard of such a thing. Pan's probably drilled it into their heads that such a thing is a felony and a crime. Innocents.

Chen ropes my hands behind my back and my ankles together leaving me in an uncomfortable kneeling position.

"The punishment had been decided as subjection to Dragon Rose." More mutterings and whispers increase.

"What's Dragon Rose? We didn't even do anything Felix. I don't think of you that way."

"Though and intention is a crime." Felix spoke emotionlessly. "And lies are punished more severely."

Suddenly, I began to grow angry. It wasn't fair this emotionless Felix that had appeared out of nowhere and demanded punishment. Like, what even was Dragon Rose? Was it some sort of unicorn pee? Was I going to have to drink unicorn pee?

In response to my anger, clouds formed overhead. Large, black ones with the reflected colour of red. Hail.

Chunks of ice varying from little shards to clenched fist size began to pepper the ground. Making dents and sending Lost Boys running for cover. I could hear Felix barking orders to the Lost Boys. However, I only concentrated on increasing the fury. Tarps and coverings began to rip away. In the distance, I heard the ghostly wail of what could only be interpreted as a hurricane or cyclone of some sort.

Maybe Felix was being controlled or this was some sort of copycat. Didn't matter, I was pissed. And when I'm angry there's usually no stopping my rage.

Felix looked warily to the sky, something other than his emotionless expression I've been seeing for the past however long. I looked in the direction of where the hurricane had formed in the distance. It wailing sending chills down my spine.

In my moment of horrified wonder, my grip on the hurricane loosened and it spun out of control and then to nothing, but a whisp. The hail ceased and storm clouds faded. Felix and I were the only ones in the clearing, I stood, my bonds... Gone. We looked around, tents were up thrown, items scattered along the soft dirt. Branches and trees alike had fallen. It looked like a hurricane had hit the camp. Well, it almost did.

A shadow formed between the two of us and I looked to the fallen tree on which Peter was standing. He tsked, shaking his head. "I really shouldn't leave you guys alone so much."

"Where were you?" I glared, the same time Felix said, "I can explain."

"No need, tend to the wounded," Peter dismissed. "I'll talk to you later." He said the words with such a sinister conviction that chills ran down my spine again.

"As for you," Peter turned to me, he waved a hand in front of my vision and caught me before I was out.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro