Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

My motorcycles back wheel squealed and smoked as I pulled away. The parking lot was quiet, perhaps even abandoned. I raced out onto the streets onto Gotham but I hit rush hour, and to make it worse Batsy came tearing out from an alley way. I threw my foot down as my motorcycle came to a stop. I turned and saw the batmobile. "Let's make this interesting."

I revved the engine and backed up before pulling out, and raced up a ramp for the roadworks and landed on top of a car. I rode over them all setting off their alarms, I watched as Batsy returned to the alleyways and followed me he was going to try and cut me off. We came to a cross roads but I didn't stop I kept driving forward and Batsy's car just missed me.

I laughed as I kept driving. I rode to the Chinese restaurant and parked my bike out the back and walked in. I went to my usual seat which was at the very back and hidden from prying eyes, I waited for my mother to return but knew so well that she wouldn't be back till darkness fell. I was bought green tea and some noddles while I waited.

"You're back early Ashley," one of the waitress' said.

"My names Ash, and well I had the bat following me but I gave him the slip," I said. She sat across from me, I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Where's Harley?" She asked me.

"Probably at the club getting drunk again," I said taking a sip of my tea.

"My grandfather is worrying about you both he worries one day that you will both get into trouble," she said.

"We can handle ourselves," I said.

"What if Joker finds out about you?" She asked.

"Pfft please he won't, Harley has kept us hidden this long," I replied.

"Yes and publicly announced their break up, people are still after you," the waitress reminded me.

"We've only been caught once in the eighteen years we've been here," I replied.

"That's one too many, if people knew you were here we would lose our business," she said.

"I can take care of myself," I said and stabbed my knife into the table. She stared at me and got up and walked away. "Run away little rabbit," I giggled. Once my tea was dry I went upstairs to our apartment, and was immediately greeted by Bruce. He pounced on me knocking me to the floor, licking my face and laughing as he did.

"Yeah I missed you to boy," I said and gently pushed him off, I threw my bag down and filled up his food bowl. "Are you hungry boy? Are you hungry?" He ran over and began to eat throwing his food everywhere, his tail wagging. I sat down on the couch with a bowl of cereal and watched cartoons. I watched them long into the night, Bruce was now laying on the couch with me.

We were both dozing when Harley walked in, crashing and banging. "When did ya get back?" She slurred. She was drunk once again. I had been taking care of her for the last eighteen years, when it should have been the other way around.

"A few hours ago," I said helping her to her bedroom, and gently laid her down on her bed. "Sleep well," I said and turned out the light. I slept on the couch with Bruce next to me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro