Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"What does this do?" I asked pointing at the button on the panel.

"Nothing, step away from the button," he said. "Have you finished that book I gave you?"

"Yes, I threw it in the water. Reading is so boring," I said hopping off the chair I was sat on, "so do I get to see my saviour's face?" I threw myself down onto his lap.

"No," he said pulling my hands away from his face.

"Why are you ugly under there?" I asked.

"No," he pushed me off his lap and onto the floor, I yelped like a hurt hyena and pushed myself off the floor.

"Has anyone told you you're very boring bats!" I exclaimed turning around on the spot looking around at the cave.

"Many," he chuckled turning to face me. "I have something you could work on, and I know it will keep you occupied for a few hours."

"Oh?" I asked turning my head to the side.

"The Batmobile keeps leaking oil and I can't seem to fix it, but I've heard you're the best mechanic in Gotham," he said.

"I guess," I said as he handed me a bag of tools. I propped the car up on a jack, pointed a light underneath and got to work. As I worked away I heard Joker's voice being played on the monitor system. I paused for a second and then emerged from out underneath the vehicle.

"You're far safer here kid," he said.

"You may be right with those kinds of threats he is giving," I replied.

"Does Harley know?" he asked.

"No, she keeps me away from him," I said.

"Okay maybe she is doing something right with you, even if she doesn't win the mother of the year award," Basty said. "I suggest you stay with me until Joker cools off, she won't come looking for will she?"

"No, she has Lobo keeping her occupied," I said and dropped my head, I slowly wandered back to the car and pushed myself underneath.

"Are you going to be okay here on your own?" he asked.

"Yep," I said popping the 'P'. Batsy left me on my own working hard for several hours, just when I thought I had fixed it, it spat oil back at me. "Damn it!" I cried and threw my tongue wrench across the room.

"You know if you treat your tools shamefully, they will make your work shabby," a voice said, when I emerged Bruce Wayne stood before me.

"Does Batsy know you're here?" he asked.

"Yes..." I interrupted him. "You're Batsy?!" I exclaimed as realization kicked in.

"I am," he nodded.

"If my mother finds out you're Batsy, she will come for you forget Lobo," I said.

"Here," he said handing me a cloth to wipe the oil off my face.

"Thanks," I said.

"Now, we will have to make sure she doesn't find out," he said.

"Indeed," I said, "your the worst threat out of the pair of them will be the Joker, you need to be smart with him. One whiff of a rumour that Bruce Wayne has Harley Quinn's daughter he will come for you, he has connections ya know," I warned him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro