Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I tripped over my own feet again as Bruce delivered another punch to my stomach. I wheezed and wrapped my arms around my stomach. "You're soft!" he growled and tried to pull me up off the floor but let go and dropped me back onto it. 

"I hate you!" I growled pushing myself off the ground and raised my bruised fists. 

"Now you're getting it," he said and circled each other. I jabbed first and landed a hard punch to his jaw. He stumbled back stunned. "You do have strength behind you." 

"You sound surprised Master Wayne," his Butler said. 

"She's small. Look at her," he said, with that, I dodged his blow and kicked him in the back. 

"Getting slow in your old age!" I exclaimed.

"Hey!" he exclaimed and put a knee to my stomach, I hunched over wheezing again. "That'll teach you." 

"I don't think so," I lifted my head slowly, flicked my hair over my shoulder and lifted my eyes to meet his. I took a deep breath, delivered a right hook, then a left and finally an uppercut. Bruce shocked staggered back and held his jaw. 

"That's enough training for today, you can go back to fixing my cars," he replied. 

"That's all I've wanted to do all day!" I replied. 

"Master Wayne you can't go to that charity event with those bruises on your face," Alfred said.  Just as I was about to open the bonnet of the car Bruce stopped me. "Did you want to come with me?" 

"Me?" I asked slightly shocked. 

"I am sure we can disguise you, Ash," Alfred suggested. 

"Maybe," I replied. 

"You can show people you are not who they think you are," Bruce said and rested his hand on my shoulder. 

"I guess," I said. "Do you think I can be around...well normies?" Bruce looked at me with a sad smile. 

"Of course," he said. I went upstairs with Bruce. Alfred laid out a few dresses, I looked them over but one with shimmering purple sequins caught my eye. 

"You have good taste, Miss Quinn," Alfred commented. 

"I know," I said and brushed my hair over my shoulder. 

"So modest," he chuckled. 

A few hours later and we were driven to the venue, it felt surreal. I wasn't used to this, I rested my hand on the door handle. "Are you okay?" Bruce asked. 

"I am just a little bit nervous," I replied. 

"You have nothing to worry about," he said, "you're safe with me." 

"I hope so, but what if Joker shows up?" I inquired and squeezed the door handle. 

"Then I guess Batsy will need to sort him out," he replied. 

"Let's hope he doesn't connect the dots," I said. 

"Your father is clever but he's not that clever," Bruce chuckled. 

"I wouldn't underestimate him if I were you," I replied. 

"I've managed to slip through his net a few times," Bruce said. 

"He won't when he finds out you have his kid," I reminded him. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro