💀3💀

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Under permission from Dumbledore, Eskandar met me in the courtyard of the castle, but we had to stay out of sight from the students' windows. He said nothing as he bowed to wrap his arms around me, he stroked a hand over my head and kissed it. "I am sorry Winifred," he whispered.

"Many died just after him," I said, "I am sure the ministry is up to something."

"You still need proof little one," he reminded me sitting down next to me as I sat on a stone bench.

"That's going to be hard, and it's not like you could come with me," I huffed.

"If only," he smiled. "I admire your care for us," he gently took my hands in his and helped me onto his back, we began the slow walk back to the forest however, unknown to us Malfoy had been watching us,  hiding just around the corner. 

"You let that filthy creature walk around here!" he yelled, and threw a rock at Eskandar but hit me instead. The huge black centaur came to a standstill. I dismounted and turned to look at the blonde-haired pupil.  

"This is no business of yours Malfoy!" I exclaimed, he dared to walk closer to us. "Go back to your dormitory." Eskandar shifted from hoof to hoof. "Easy," I rested a hand on his foreleg. 

"I am going to tell my father about you!" he exclaimed. 

"You tell him, but he bears the scar of when he last messed with me," I said dragging my fingers down the side of my face.  He said nothing and ran back into the castle. 

"He still causes us problems," Eskandar said as we continued our journey to the forest.  "Are you going to be warm enough?" I nodded. 

"The winter isn't here just yet," I reminded him. 

"I wish you didn't have to go to London in the morning," he said pouting ever so slightly. 

"If I can't I can't save all the creatures I love," I reminded him. 

"I guess you're right," he said brushing his hand against mine, it didn't take us long to get back to the forest. When we arrived the centaurs and the thestrals still had their heads bowed, news had reached the deepest darkest depths. A female centaur walked toward me and rested her hand on my shoulder. 

"I hope you sort this before any more of us die," she said.  

"I will, I hope to find answers tomorrow," I replied. 

"She is convinced it has something to do with the ministry," he said. 

"They wouldn't dare," one began. 

"We don't know what they're capable of," I sat down onto a log and ran my fingers through my hair. "But, I am sure killing off creatures is not something they would do." 

"They tried to execute Buckbeak," one of them reminded us. 

"Please, be careful tomorrow," the female centaur said. 

"Can she not just have one night where she can relax with us?" Eskandar asked. 

"Of course," she giggled as she started the fire in the middle of their camp. As Eskandar sat on the ground I leaned against his belly drinking in his warmth against the frigid night. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro