Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Noona called me her hope. But I wasn't. I was a curse to her."

"A.... Coffee shop..?"

Hoseok looked at the screen with wide eyes as he whispered that. The screen displayed something that reminded him of a certain day, one of the worst days in his life.

"H-Hoseok? Is that you..?"

Jimin's voice shook as he called Hoseok. But didn't receive a response. It's like he couldn't hear them. He kept staring at the screen. And staring. And staring...

A small boy, merely 17 of years of age, with a white uniform, dusting the place, his back facing the boys. Beside him was seen cupcakes, cream rolls and other bakery stuff.

"Umm..excuse me."

A girl with a pig tail asked gently while keeping her hands on the counter top, gently taping it with her nails.

The boy stopped his work almost immediately after he heard the voice. As he turned around, everyone's eyes widen.

"HOSEOK?!"

"Welcome to our shop, ma'am. What would you like to order?"

He asked in a very gentle tone, showing the same heart shaped smile the boys had seen before.

"Umm... That one!"

She exclaimed, pointing at the fruit muffins.

"Do you wanna eat it here or take it home?"

"I'll prefer eating it here."

Taehyung's eyes wandered around in the screen, confused. Namjoon and Yoongi was completely focused on what was happening, observing every single details set to them while Seokjin had an emotionless face.

"OK!!"

The boy took out two muffins as said by the girl and put it on a cardboard plate, handing it to the customer. (You know those thin cardboard plates on which they give your food on in pastry shops? No? Okie-).

"Okay, thanks.."

She said blankly, taking the food away to a small table at the edge of the small shop.

"I don't find anything suspicious here."

Taehyung said, looking at Namjoon, who shushed him by putting his hand up in front of his face and kept on looking at the screen in front of him with a frown.

'WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!'

The girl suddenly shouted, diverting everyone's attention to her, even Hoseok's.

'WHY THE HELL IS THERE A FREAKING HAIR IN MY FREAKING MUFFINS?!'

She said, pulling out a string of hair and held it up in front of her face, shooting Hoseok a glare.

'Are you trying to kill me or what? Like-who puts hair in their customer's food?!"

She spit out angrily, making her way to Hoseok. The boy gulped a bit, standing in a formal manner and looked down.

"That is clearly her hair. Hoseok surely didn't have hair that long."

Yoongi said with his signature straight face, looking at the long string of hair that the girl held up in front of Hoseok, who looked absolutely petrified.

'N-No ma'am, listen."

"I don't wanna listen! I want to talk to the manager."

"What the freak?! Is she out of her mind?! Why is she making such a big deal with it?!"

Taehyung said with an angry huff, but nobody reacted to it. He saw from the corner of his eyes Jimin clenching his fist.

"Hoseok? What is wrong with you? I keep getting complains about you from customers  everyday."

The manager spoke with a sad and disappointed tone, while Hoseok looked at his feet. He could already feel tears in his eyes. He couldn't understand where he went wrong. He tried so hard to be a nice person to everyone. But it seemed like his nice personality didn't get him loved, rather it is getting him used.

"Look here. I know that you are a very nice person from heart and I don't wanna hurt you, but I am left with just one choice."

Hoseok bit his lips when he heard a sigh. He knows it's over for him.

"I'm afraid that I can't employ you here anymore."

All the other employees seemed to be shocked with the news too while Hoseok stood there silently, the tears he tried to hold in for so long, finally leaked out. He knew once a decision is made by the manager, there is no changing of his mind.

"What the hell is wrong with all of them?!"

Yoongi cursed while gritting his teeth. Hoseok clearly didn't deserve it! The manager should be rather grateful to have an employ like him who, even after tolerating such insult infront of so many people in the café, he never said a word of it or protest back, even though he knew he was not at fault.

"Sir, I'm v-very sorry. I'll be more careful but-please don't fire me. I have nothing else to do."

His voice broke at the end. Taehyung looked at the real Hoseok behind him, who still looked dazzled, as if he was controlling the screen with some superpower.

"I don't have enough money to fill the budget of my family and-and I can't let them starve to death."

A small sob left his mouth. The other employees watched with sympathy. They can only hope for their friend to stay with them.

"I'm very sorry, Hoseok. Please forgive me. There's nothing I can do about it anymore."

He said the last line in low voice and left the office. The other employees gathered around the silent boy. One of them already crying.

"What will we do if you're gone? We'll mess up everything."

Hoseok used to arrive early in the morning and go home late after his working hours to clean up the place. He never argued with anyone and always did everything that was said to him to be done.

"Yes,Hoseok-ah. We cannot keep everything arranged like you do. We'll talk to the manager and convince him to not kick you out."

Hoseok smiled and shook his head, looking at them, his eyes red from holding the tears.

"You'll get yourself into trouble for doing that and I don't want that. I'll better leave now. Take care of yourselves, ya'll."

He said his last words and hugged everyone as a goodbye and when he turned to leave, he didn't turn back again. He knew if he saw them once more, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from breaking down.

"He left.... Just like that..?"

Taehyung mumbled as the screen vanished in front of them. They all looked at Hoseok, who seemed like-like as if he is living in a whole another world.

"Uh-oh..."

Yoomgi blurted out. The same thing happened to him when he got his memories back. Seokjin went up to him and put a hand on the younger's shoulder.

"Hoseok."

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!"

He yelled all of a sudden, venom in his voice. The later flinched at the sudden outburst His eyes held pure hatred when he made an eye contact with each of the boys.

"Everytime. EVERYTIME I try to trust someone I end up getting betrayed. I end up getting hurt. I try not to show it but it hurts!"

He yelled louder, his voice cracking in the end. His eyes were dark and dull, but they were full of pain. The pain that he had kept buried down for a long, long time.

"Hoseok we aren't like that."

Seokjin said, receiving a bitter chuckle from Hoseok.

"That's what everyone says. But they leave my side, right after knowing my condition."

The blackish-purple smoke was back around Hoseok.

"Like I said, we aren't the same. We already know about your condition and we promise we won't leave your side."

Hoseok laughed like a maniac.

"And why should I believe you?"

"Because if we didn't, we wouldn't have been trying to save you."

"What of your just doing this out of humanity."

"There's no one here other than ourselves, who are we gonna show off our humanity to?"

Silence. He didn't what to say anymore. He wanted to live and have people around him to care for him just as much as he cares for them. But he was afraid.

"You...really won't leave me..?"

All the boys shook their head and put on the smile. Jimin stepped forward towards Hoseok.

"We will always stay with you... We will be a part of your family."

Hoseok smiled back. It was not the evil smile he'd shown before. It was his signature, innocent and heartwarming smile.

"But.. I don't have a family anymore..."

Yoongi sighed. He already had an idea of this happening when he got his memories back.

Hoseok but his lips. He felt the people around him to be safe. He wanted to let out his feelings. He wanted to get rid of the heavy feeling in his heart. And so, he started to narrate a short story on his life.

"My parents cheated on each other when I was 9. It left a huge effect on me and my sister. Especially when she was already going through puberty."

That shut Seokjin as well, who was trying to put forward his psychology. They listened quietly.

"She used to get annoyed by me very easily. She used to sneak out at night and get drunk at a local club."

Jimin's eyes welled with tears when he saw the dark smoke increasing around Hoseok.

"N-No. Just d-don't give up yet. You are strong you can get through this!"

Hoseok couldn't hear.

"They argued everyday. It was mostly about us. How were meant nothing to them. How were were just mistakes. The arguments between my parents soon turned from verbal to physical. I remember my sister holding onto me tightly while I sobbed to her. Soon enough, they kicked us out of the house, abandoning us forever. I was left homeless and jobless, as a burden on my sister."

"HOSEOK!!"

Namjoon screamed, finally successful to catch Hoseok's attention.

"Your sister still needs you. She wants you. She loves you! She's searching for you. Don't you wanna go back to her??"

He explained, but didn't get the reply they all were wanting to hear.

"Where will we live? I'll just add onto her burden. It's better to not go ba-"

"No Hoseok. Things don't work like this. I know this world is very cruel, but you cannot give up to the obstacles so easily. You both need each other. And now, we are here with you. So what are you scared of? No matter what happens, we'll never leave you're side."

The words put some effect on Hoseok as the dark smoke wears away a bit. Jimin's eyes lit up with hope again. He didn't want anyone to lose to the smoke.

"You won't..?"

"Believe us. Everyone is not the same. We will protect you and your sister till out last breath."

Jimin said with a smile.

"You really will.."

"Yes hyung, because now, you are our family. That's why."

Taehyung put the word 'Hyung' intentionally. And he meant it too. To Taehyung, Hoseok is like-the most generous person he had known. And he doesn't want such a person to get this punishment. Moreover, they don't know what would happen to them if they lose to the dark smoke.

"My family..."

They were the last words before the smoke completely disappeared, leaving him completely dazed as he stood there like a statue, unaware of his surroundings while the other boys ran up to him for a hug.

The tight hug from the boys brought him back to reality. He was still confused but when the memories struck him, he immediately hugged them back.

"You didn't let the darkness take control over you. I'm so proud that you decided to fight it. I'm so happy for you, Hyung."

Sorry for being late to upload. I was busy with online classes. It ended just about 10-11 mins ago. So, I'm too tired to proof read this. Forgive me for any mistakes. I'll re-read and correct the mistakes later.

Take care of yourselves ya'll and thank you for reading.

Bye!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro