16 - Bomb

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You know who it is?" I asked, as we walked downstairs to the first floor, and exited the building. "Yeah." Kunikida said, pulling his phone from his pocket, and dialing a number. "That was fast!" I whispered. After a little while, Kunikida put his phone away. "Calling the cab again?" I asked, as he nodded in response.

Timeskip!

The taxi driver had taken us to an area almost completely surrounded with warehouses. "Sorry for the short notice." Kunikida said, arms crossed. 'I can't believe that I got the middle seat again...' I thought, sighing. "You said on the phone that you found out who's behind this serial kidnapping case. Are you on your way to arrest the killer?" The driver asked. "Yes." Kunikida said. "Then let's hurry." The cab driver said, sounding worried for some reason. "There's no need." Kunikida said. "Pardon?" The cab driver responded. 'Oh, I see!' I thought, figuring out what was going on. "This is where the crime took place, and you are the kidnapper." Kunikida said. "You dosed the victims with sleeping gas, then proceeded to abduct them from there. You wore a gas mask to stay conscious." Kunikida said. "What we're his reasons?" Atsushi asked. "I can think of one." Dazai said. "Cargo." Dazai said. "Cargo?" Atsushi replied, puzzled. "He's sell them off." Dazai said. "There's a black market for organs underground." Dazai continued, with a glare. "Although the margin isn't great because of the rate of exchange, but they go for a decent amount of money." I said. "That's terrible..." Atsushi said. "Wait a minute. Hang on, if I used this taxi to abduct people, the city police would've found me already when tracing the victims' last known locations." The cab driver interrupted. "No, no one looked twice at this taxi. Because all of the victims would vanish and become untraceable the next day. When your targets boarded the taxi and you made them unconscious, you'd imprison them and take their luggage and clothing. That's why all of the victims were in their underwear." Kunikida said. "You'd proceed to wear their clothes and disguise yourself as them. That's why most of the victims in the pictures had hats and glasses, and why they all had roughly the same height." I said, leaning back. "By the time the last known sighting of the 'victim' was recorded, the real one had already been kidnapped." Kunikida finished. "Sasaki's abduction was even easier wasn't it?" Dazai asked. "After she had collapsed at the train station, a Good Samaritan paid for her cab ride.." Dazai said with a mischievous look on his face. "It's faster to hail a cab than to call an ambulance at a train station." Dazai said. "That's all circumstantial evidence..." The cab driver said. "Huh. I suppose." Dazai said. "You're right." Dazai said. "What now, Kunikida?" I asked, looking at him. "Are you being serious?" Kunikida asked the driver. "Let's make a deal..." The driver replied suddenly. "A deal?--", "If you agree to my conditions, then I'll turn myself in. Please protect me at the Armed Detective Agency!" The driver interrupted. "I need to be protected for 72 hours while the prosecution continues their questioning and arranges witness protection!" He continued. "What's this all about?" Kunikida asked. "I was put up to this... I was assured by a new fangled organ smuggling organization that this was a great deal of never get caught for, and yet..." The driver said again. "So there's a group behind all this? Where are they?!" Kunikida asked. "I don't know." The driver replied. "I always meet them in the Harbor Central Building." The driver said. "So that's the place..." Kunikida said. "And? Why do you need our protection?" Dazai asked. "Well... It appears that one of the people I had abducted was with the Port Mafia..." The driver said. "Well... That's not good...--" Dazai was interrupted by... Gunfire?!-- no, make that rapid gunfire!! "Ah!" Dazai pushed me and Atsushi's heads down. All of the glass in the car shattered. "That scared the crap outta me...!!" I whisper yelled. "The Port Mafia?!" Kunikida yelled. "Help me! I don't want to die!!" The driver screamed, flailing out of the cab, and running off. "Hey! wait!" Kunikida said, getting out of the drivers side door. "Tch..." The gunmen fired at the door. We got out the back door that was on the same side. "Kunikida, I can't get a signal!" Atsushi said, phone in hand. "They must be jamming." Dazai said. "If we lose the driver, the truth of this case won't come to light. Dazai, catch the driver. Atsushi, get ahold of the police and request backup. Me and Haruka will distract them." Kunikida ordered, as we all nodded. "Doppo Poet, flash bang!" Kunikida said, tearing a piece of paper out of his notebook, which started to glow and transform into a light producing grenade. He then threw it at the gunmen, causing it to blind them with an insanely bright light. While this happened, Dazai and Atsushi ran off. After the light was gone, Kunikida disarmed some of the men with his pistol, and I disarmed the rest with my flames burning their hands a little. "....!" We both senses something deadly, and we jumped away from the car that immediately got cut clean in half. "Oh... Great..." I growled, recognizing the ability. The car exploded, causing Kunikida to get tossed back a bit due to the explosion's force, thankfully he landed on his feet. I stood my ground, unaffected. "You okay?" I asked. "Yeah..." He said, standing up. "Fear death..." We heard a familiar voice. "Fear slaughter..." It spoke again. We saw a shadow from behind the smoke. "Metal is fragile, and so is the human psyche. What about you all, armed detective agency?" It was Akutagawa. "Bastard..." I mumbled, glaring. "Long time no see, Haruka." Akutagawa glared back. "Akutagawa of the Port Mafia..." Kunikida growled. "Indeed." He replied, having Rashoumon attack Kunikida. "Tch!" Kunikida was thrown against the wall. Akutagawa proceeded to walk over to him, while Kunikida grabbed his pistol. They both were face to face. Kunikida shot at him, and Akutagawa attempted to stab Kunikida with Rashoumon. Meanwhile, I held a flame to the back of Akutagawa's head. "If you can't shoot straight, there's no need for me to devour the space around your bullets." Akutagawa said, ignoring me. "And if you can't hit him, then you're a pretty terrible opponent." I said. Kunikida stated at me like he didn't recognize me. Probably because he never sees me in a bad mood like this. "Sorry, killing isn't one of my hobbies..." Kunikida turned his attention to Akutagawa. "Trifling words of weaklings..." Akutagawa replied. I looked behind me and saw water spraying from a pipe that was hit by Kunikida's bullet that missed Akutagawa. "Heh." I said, shooting a tiny flame to the water, which heated it up some. The water distracted him, and me and Kunikida backed away. "Doppo Poet; Stun gun." Kunikida said, tossing the taser into the water, which then severely electrified Akutagawa. "Come to heel, you aberrant dog." Kunikida said, as Akutagawa jumped out of the puddle, and laughed. "It appears that the Armed Detective Agency is not merely a group of entertainers." He said. "You're worthy of being her and Dazai's cover..." He growled at Kunikida. We all heard sirens. "Bleh!!" I stuck my tongue out at Akutagawa. "Interference..." He growled. "Very well, our paths will cross again in the future. We'll continue this another time." Akutagawa said, dissapearing. "..." I crossed my arms and sighed. "Don't ever come again." Kunikida said.

Later that day...

We were all standing in front of an abandoned building with shattered windows. "I turned the driver over to the military police." Dazai said. "So this is the building that they used for organ selling....?" Atsushi asked, as Kunikida nodded. We then walked inside, and it was empty, except for a glass room. "The walls are scorched black..." Atsushi said. "This is where the Azure King blew himself up." Dazai said. "That's right." Kunikida said. "You mean, the one in the infamous Azure Flag terrorist incident? That Azure King?" Atsushi asked again. "Yes." Dazai said. "A terrorist who destroyed many national and corporate facilities. From the time I heard the term 'Azure messenger', I've been wondering if there was a connection with the Azure King." Dazai said. "There has to be a connection, because this is too out of the ordinary to be a mere coincidence." I said. "You never know though, Haru." Dazai replied. "I heard that The Azure King blew himself up in the end..." Atsushi said. "He was cornered by the police before he blew up along with the officers." I said. "Yeah. I had determined that this was his hideout, and reported it to the police." Kunikida said. "He holed himself up with a bomb, and when the police decided to conduct a raid, the bomb blew up causing them to perish along with him." Kunikida said. "Wow..." Atsushi said. "Oh yeah, one of the detectives was that Rokuzou boy's father, wasn't he?" Dazai asked. "He was a great detective with a good sense of justice." Kunikida said. "Im the one who reported the hideouts location to the police... I may as well have set the bomb off myself..." Kunikida sighed. "That's not true! It was the Azure King's fault for blowing himself up!" Atsushi yelled. "That's right, Atsushi. Yet, Kunikida can't stop trying to look out for the boy... In his deceased father's place." Dazai said. "...?" Just then, the laptop made a sound. "Huh?" I said. "Another job for the agency... The client is the Azure Messenger." Kunikida said. "I see... I'm starting to see who this Azure Messenger is." Dazai said. "What's the job?" I asked. "Disarming a bomb." Kunikida said. "A bomb?" Atsushi asked. "If we don't disarm the bomb by sundown tomorrow, several hundred people will die." He replied. "A bomb capable of that can't be easy..." Atsushi said. "There's equipment here for building a bomb." Kunikida said, as I looked around. "With this, you could build a pretty powerful bomb!" I said. "But..." Atsushi said. "Don't worry, we won't let it go off." Kunikida said. "We'll stop it for sure this time!" He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEHEHE!

I love this story!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPE HYPE HYYYPE

OH YE!

Guys the final episode of Season 2 of Bungou stray dogs is out, and I literally almost fucking cried.

XD

NOW WE WAIT ANOTHA YEAR... *cries in a corner*

Jk. Anyways, I'll see you all next time! Bye! 💕

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro