(46)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

I didn't believe in fate or telepathy ever. Even after reading several books about them, it never occurred to me that things like these could be real, possible in real life.

But I was proved wrong.

As I sat here with fat tears streaming down my face, mostly because of the pain in my belly, but also because of the satisfaction that he was here, when I wasn't even expecting him.

"J-Jungkook...how did you know?" I sniffled as he looked away shyly, lightly dabbing my arm with the cotton ball.

"It's a long story. I got your number and called you minutes before. Your mom picked up and told me you were in the hospital. I couldn't stay still so I ran here as soon as I got to know."

"You ran upto here?" I asked.

"It's just a mile."

"A mile? on foot?! Are you crazy?" My eyes widened as he reached out to tuck my hair behind my ear. I shivered a little at the contact.

"Maybe I am." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes at his words, and the ache hit me like a punch in the gut again. I squeezed my eyes shut and winced silently.

"Does it hurt a lot? Your mom was very worried."

"I-It does, I don't know what is it. I threw up two times in the past hour." I frowned.

"You'll be okay," he slowly removed the swab from my arm and went over to toss it in the little dustbin. As he was about to walk back, the door opened and my mom hurried in.

"Did it happen? The test?" She was huffing. I felt bad because she was doing it all alone.

"Yes." I nodded and shifted a little so my head rested on the inclined part of the bed again.

"Thank you Jungkook," I heard her say, "I didn't know much about the formalities and stuff. If you weren't here, I don't know how I would have managed to do that."

"My pleasure."

He couldn't be more perfect, could he?

After a while, somehow, the nurse came back along with the doctor and they discussed my status and condition with my mother, as I watched Jungkook standing behind them with his arms crossed, attentively listening.

He was wearing a plain white shirt, covered in a cozy, orange jacket. His hair had grown quite longer since I last saw him. He wasn't wearing shoes, just ordinary black slippers.

"A drip...glucose...hydrated...food poisoning." I heard these words faintly as I frowned even more.

"We have to observe her for awhile. It is necessary to atleast keep her two days under observation, maybe more." I listened to the doctor say.

"Two days?" My mom exclaimed, "is it... very serious?"

"No ma'am, in most cases of food poisoning, we have to watch over the patient so that further symptoms could be detected, if any."

"I can understand." She said.

I turned my head to her and our eyes met. She smiled weakly at me.

I looked over at Jungkook and he had his brows knitted together. He was staring at the wall, as if zoned out.

"We'll provide you with a set of provisioned clothes from the hospital, and your mother will stay here with you, no need to be scared at all. You'll be fine very soon, but you have to take care of your diet, Hana. Not eating for so long or eating stale food brought you here."

"I told her a lot to eat. She would never listen." Mom said in a voice only mothers use for their children.

"I used to eat leftovers at midnight, it is indeed...my fault. I'm sorry, mom." I admitted to myself.

"Now, change your clothes quickly and wash up, I'll set up the glucose drip." The nurse helped me get up as I tried to slip into my vans, but Jungkook came forward as he took off his slippers and bent down to help me slip into them instead.

"You don't need to-" I tried to protest but he pressed his fingers against my ankle, a strange shiver running down my entire leg at the simple touch.

I looked over at my mother who was watching Jungkook, her reaction the same as me, confused but there was something else in her eyes. Perhaps fondness.

"Vans are slippery. These slippers of mine have a record of two years, I haven't tripped once!" He told me.

I wore the slippers and noticed they were too big for me, my toes weren't even visible when I stretched my whole foot into the slipper. I felt my cheeks warm up at the sight and looked up at Jungkook, his ears turning red as well.

I tried to contain my smile as I felt the pain slowly dimming away, because of the shot I got a while ago. Jungkook had held my hand again and it hadn't hurt much, thankfully.

"I'll help you get changed." My mom came forward and held my hand. I had not felt so much comfort from people before as I did at this moment. The nurse was kind, my mother had a loving yet worrisome look and Jungkook had all the support and encouragement filled within him. I suddenly felt like I didn't want to get anywhere. Just collect all of these emotions from these people and bury them deep inside my heart. Forever.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I spent the night at the hospital. It was an apprehensive night for me, but thankfully I slept well because of the doses. Feeling much better after getting a good night's sleep, I noticed the improvement inside my body, probably because of the glucose drip.

I woke up in the morning, around 9 and looked around the room. The individual bed where my mom rested last night was made up, meaning she was already awake. I noticed the vigo was still attached to my arm but the nurse had removed the drip previously, while I was asleep.

I scratched my head and looked at the side of the bed, a small note sticking there.

"I'm going back home to get some things for you, will be back soon.

-mom"

I realised she had left it so that I wouldn't panic. I slowly lifted my body and drooped my legs down the bed, which was quite higher than a normal one and noticed a new pair of cozy, blue slippers placed side by side below.

I knew it was Jungkook, he told me I would find new ones when I would wake up in the morning, and he kept his words.

I smiled to myself, my heart filling with warmth when I thought about him.

He ran straight to the hospital when he got to know I was in pain.

He stayed with me while I was going through one of my traumatic events.

He held my hands, and told me he was going to be there for me.

He cares a lot. He's too good for this world.

I slipped into them and headed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. When I exited the washroom, I glanced at the door, which creaked open and I expected the nurse to enter.

But it wasn't her, it was Jungkook.

He was wearing an oversized maroon shirt with brown cargo pants and he looked so good. He took off his mask and our eyes met.

I still had the paper towel in my hands as I wiped my forehead, or more like, covered my face to hide the blush erupting on my cheeks.

"Good morning." He greeted, softly.

"Oh, good morning!" I said, muffled into the towel and tried to find an excuse to pass over him and reach the bed. But I couldn't, I felt like I was going to tumble over if I took one step more.

So I stood there, in the light blue trousers and shirt, my hair tangled and my face probably as swollen as ever. I wanted him to disappear.

No.

I wanted to disappear myself.

He shut the door quietly and turned around, so he wasn't facing me. I took it as an opportunity to run my fingers through my fringes and press against my cheeks so the blood would go down, which was rising up and freezing on my cheeks.

I reached over and sat on the bed, nervousness obviously flooding through my whole body.

I don't know what he'll say or ask. I'm not ready for any conversation right now...

He reached over and sat down on the plastic chair next to the bed, hesitant to look at me in the eye.

"Do you feel better?"

"Mhm, much better." I started fidgeting with my fingers.

"So, uh... anything else?" He asked.

"N-No?"

"I mean, did you...miss me?" He asked and my heart started beating faster.

Before I could reply, he spoke up.

"Because I missed you a lot. You have no idea how worried I was... I texted you, waited for your e-mails. I was going crazy thinking what if something happened-" he took a deep breathe and I curled my toes.

He stood up from the chair and reached over to the bed, where I was sitting at the very end with my legs still dangling. My breathing escalated as he towered over me.

"I don't know how to say this, I cannot keep this to myself anymore, oh God, I tried so much to divert myself, to get you out of my head, but," he took a deep breathe, "I couldn't. Every time I received a message, I hoped it was you."

"Jungkook..." I muttered, fisting the soft material of my trouser in my hands as I tried to gather my thoughts. But it was so difficult when his body was so close to me I could smell his fresh scent, strong and manly, like woods and flowers.

"Hana," he whispered, "the moment I heard your mom say on the phone that you were sick and were admitted to the hospital, my heart sank. I wished for nothing but you to get well, I wish you knew how much you mean to me. Because I too, realised it now. And I cannot hold myself back anymore."

Oh my God.

I'm going to die.

"I think I like you, too much," he whispered. "Not because of something specific or because you were different, but because you are just like me. Only you know what I feel, only you understand what I say. I know it sounds cheesy and clumsy... but I'm bad with words." He laughed a little.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry...did I make you uncomfortable? I didn't mean to, Hana. I just wanted you to know, the moment you came into my life, it got better. I have so many issues, I'm so messed up and I know that so are you. But I'm willing to stay by your side, as long as I can."

This...

Is this a dream?

If it is, I don't want to wake up. This is my most favourite dream.

I waited and waited for some time, contemplating all his words. It still didn't feel real so I brought my hand up and lightly pinched myself on the cheek.

No no, it is real.

"Jungkook, you make me feel the same. I never knew th-that I could name this feeling because I was scared...but the truth is, I l-like it too when I'm with you. That's why I always run to you..." I managed to say and then covered my face with my hands, suddenly embarrassed.

This feels so magical. I cannot believe we just...

I'm so so nervous, and happy, and excited and... I'm think I'm going to go crazy.

"Ah," he let out a sigh.

"I th-think we both knew it all along." I said, my lashes slanted because I couldn't look him in the eyes, not when he was standing in front of me, all tall and lean.

"We did, but you know what...we were scared." He agreed as he sat down on the bed, next to me and the mattress sank below.

"Scared of ourselves or scared of the truth that we...?" I asked.

"Maybe both." He still wasn't looking at me. We both were staring ahead, at the white wall like idiots.

I think we both don't know what to do when it comes to situations like these... it's so awkward.

"Does the vigo hurt your hand?" He finally questioned as he turned to me. I brought my hand up and lightly tapped there.

"Not much."

"When will your mom be back?"

"I don't know, maybe she left recently."

"Oh."

Once again, there was silence. I fumbled with my fingers as he scratched the back of his head.

I slowly turned my head to my left to look at him, and at the same time, he did too.

His gaze slowly shifted from my eyes to my nose and then my lips. I gulped, trying to look at anything but his lips.

"Hana..."

"Y-Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?"

I really am dreaming.

What am I supposed to say???

"Uh..." I looked down at my hands, feeling a warm, fuzzy feeling creeping up my neck, maybe down in my tummy too.

"Of course not if you're uncomfortable. I'm willing to take my time, as long as you want." He smiled, his eyes crinkling the tiniest bit.

Oh Jungkook...

I want it. I want to kiss you so bad. But I don't know how...

"I'm not denying but... I'm not really confident, Jungkook." I mumbled shyly.

"And you think I am?" He giggled ever so softly, "if you don't know...this is my first time confessing to someone. Because no one ever reached my heart."

"No one?" I tilted my head, suddenly smiling widely.

"Not a single person. Until you came, bursting that door open and taking over my heart. And me."

"I didn't know I had that power." I laughed.

I felt my phone buzz near my pillow and I reached over to check my mom had messaged me. There were three missed calls from my father as well.

Maybe she told him...and he would be worried too now.

The message read, 'I'm going to be a little late because I have to go grocery shopping. If you need anything, call the nurse.'

I sighed at the message.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." I put the phone back again.

"So?"

"So...what?"

His eyes narrowed in on my lips again and he licked his own, gazing at me.

"Could we try?"

Oh.

"I didn't know you were the needy type, Mr. Jeon." Suddenly feeling my cheeks light up, I lifted my legs and sat cross-legged against him, his long legs still hanging from the mattress.

"Please?" He pouted.

"I puked yesterday, you still want to?" I asked, jokingly.

"Even if you ate garlic, I'd like to do it right here and now." He smirked.

"Garlic is gross. I hate it." I scrunched my nose.

"I hate it too, see. Soulmates." He wiggled his brows.

We both started to laugh and I covered my mouth, leaning my head back while giggling. Somehow, it didn't feel awkward again.

As I stopped laughing, and so did he, I perceived his movements as he slowly started to drag his body near mine, and I pulled my legs back, side sitting. I started to back away until I couldn't anymore and my back hit the soft, inclined mattress.

He followed, our legs touching. That one touch sent sparks down my entire form and suddenly, my heart started racing again.

Oh God, what if I mess it up?

Jungkook was close to my body, so close I could feel his heat transferring through his clothes to mine. He tried to lean in but didn't want to put a weight on me, I quickly noticed and straightened my spine, not looking into his eyes, but the space left between us.

"Is the door open? What if someone-"

"I locked it before." He breathed. His full focus on my lips. I didn't even know why and how he found my dry lips worth kissing at the moment.

And then his left arm came up to cup my right cheek, warm and gentle. I tried to control my heart rate, too scared he might hear it thudding. But as I focused, his hand was shaking and he was quite nervous as well.

He ran his thumb over my cheek and it sent waves of amusement into me. I quickly melted into it and tried to focus to match his breathing.

He leaned in a little more and I could feel his breath on my face, smelling like coffee and Jungkook. He closed his eyes and I followed his direction, tightly shutting my eyes as well.

And before I knew, his soft as ever, flushy, warm lips touched mine. He kissed me.

Jungkook kissed me.

A/N

As promised, a quick update ;) I think we all were waiting for this one.

This was so fluffy and fun to write. And no, if you're thinking that this ends here, then you're wrong hehe.

In most of the books I read, I don't think they define the pure emotions of what a first kiss feels like. For me, it is my first kiss writing and no, I haven't kissed someone before so i really dunno what and how it feels. But I'm trying to convey it in the best way possible.

The awkwardness, nervousness and fear of having a first kiss is real. Well, if we're talking about simple human beings. No matter how much romance you've read, but if it's your first chance, you might panic lol. That's how Hana and Jungkook feel too :')

I've got a surprise for you if you've completed this chapter. Stay tuned ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro