:;11;:

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Okay, so what next?" I asked Anti in between scoops of food he was shoving into my mouth.
"A demon named Sin. Now, we have to see him. Hopefully he has what we need." Anti sounded extremely annoyed as he scooped up another spoonful. I feel bad. He not only has to take care of himself, but me as well now. I wish I could just do things for myself. He doesn't deserve this.
"Anti, I'm full. I'm done eating for now. Thank you." He gave me a confused look before glancing down at the jar of food he held in his hand. "A-are you sure? We aren't even half way through the container and you haven't eaten in a few days. I'm pretty sure humans need this stuff to survive." He asked to confirm my decision.
"Don't you need it too?"
"I'm a demon. I'm already 'dead'. Anything I consume is for sheer pleasure and no benefit." I looked away in embarrassment of my lack of knowledge in demon anatomy. It's not like it's my fault, though. Before anything ever happened with meeting Jack, there was never a way to know an entity such as Anti could exist.
"Uh, no. I-I'll be okay. Sorry I asked, though." Just as I finished speaking, my stomach let out a thunderous growl, yearning for more food. "You shouldn't apologize, but your stomach seems to think otherwise. But, if you say so I suppose."

A long silence lingered around the room as both Anti and I avoided each other's wandering gaze. I wonder what he's thinking. He could probably read my thoughts right about now.

"Yep," He popped the 'p' at the end before continuing. "I can. I'm thinking we should go see Sin right about now. How about it?"

You mentally sigh before answering.

"I suppose. Let's go."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro