9- The camping trip

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter nine- The camping trip

My high school holds a camping trip at the end of the year. You go into the wilderness with your friends and teachers for a week.

The teachers get trailers and students get tents. The teachers don't give a crap about what you do there.

Convincing my mom to let me go was hard. I managed to do it and she lent me the huge tent and snuggly sleeping bag.

As we arrive at the school for 7:30 like we're supposed to do, I feel a bubble of excitement because I see Alex.

One whole week of camping with my ex boyfriend, that sounds like it wouldn't be fun but we're more than just exes.

I hop out of the car and grab my luggage. I walk to the big bus that would usually drive hockey teams around. I throw my luggage in the huge compartment at the bottom.

I walk up the stairs and see the huge bus seats that look so comfortable. I notice the bathroom at the back.

I start to walk down the isle and find Peggy sitting by the window.

"Hey John" she starts to wave me over to sit with her.

As if I was going to sit with anyone else *cue the eye roll and scoff* I rush over and plop into the seat next to her.

"Hey pegs you look a little....drunk.." I say.

"Well Johnny boy, you'd be correct on that one so be a good boy and let me use your shoulder as a pillow would ya?" She shoves my shoulder and lays her head on it.

I feel myself start to fall asleep too.

We arrive at the camp ground and go out separate ways. I go to the lake and Peggy goes to her tent.

As I approach the lake I see Alex and he notices me.

"Hey" he says running over.

"Hi" I say awkwardly.

"So are you in your bathing suit?"

"Yes..?" I say awkwardly.

I was picked up and thrown over his shoulder. Next thing I know I see the dock and then...

SPLASH

I was thrown into the lake. The very cold lake to be exact.

Lucky for me I cannot swim.

I start to feel myself sink to the bottom and I hear voices but they're mumbling and soon enough I can't hear them.

The voices become dull and non existent, the pain doesn't come and I don't try to swim to the top I just let myself sink.

I think about everything that has happened this year.

I got cheated on by the love of my life.

Do you know how that feels?

The person you gave your everything to, the person you loved, the person you trusted with your life and the person who always made you happy cheated on you because they didn't love you.

Feels grand doesn't it?

I settle in the bottom of the lake bed and close my eyes when I can't see the light anymore.

Goodbye world and goodbye Alexander Hamilton.

I'm done with this book enjoy pals.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro