12. Kenny

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 12

~Kenny~ 

We were all really hoping the final group would be able to figure out how to get back to our regular lives because right now, it was hard for us to leave now that we had a bunch of kids with us and with a ghost haunting Julian.

A ghost of a person who was already quite evil and capable of killing people.

"I'm getting bored staying in here," Noah said. "It's not even a cool abandoned bowling alley. The lanes don't work. What's the point of staying in a bowling alley if the lanes don't work?"

"The point is we're kind of hiding from a ghost," Dan said. "One that we really need to get rid of. How exactly do we get rid of one?"

"There are a few ways," Noah said. "One, we convince her to move on. Which probably won't happen because she, you know, holds grudges. Two, we burn her bones. Or three, if she doesn't have any bones because she was cremated or whatever, we have to burn something of hers that's keeping her here."

Noah then looked over at Josh. "Why are you staring at me?" Josh asked.

"You went to her funeral," Noah said. "Was she just buried or was she cremated?"

"Wait, hold on," Holden said. "Why did you go to her funeral?"

"That's a discussion for another time," Josh said. "But to answer Noah's question, she was buried."

"Okay, then to get rid of her, we have to go to her grave and burn her bones," Noah said. "Or some of us will go there. If nobody wants to, I guess I'll have to volunteer."

"You just want to be the one to do it, don't you?" I asked.

"Uh, of course, dear cousin-in-law," Noah said. "Supernatural is my favourite show. It will actually feel like I'm part of it. And because the ghost is haunting my twin brother and clearly, I'm the only one that cares about him. But for the sake of my safety and my importance to the group, other people should come with me. While you figure out who's going to come, I'll look for the things I need."

"What exactly do you need?" I asked.

"Shovels and something to light a fire with," Noah said as he got up from where he was sitting and starting looking around the bowling alley. "Oh, and something made of iron just in case her ghost tries stopping us."

"Noah, I don't think you're going to find shovels and lighter fuel in here," Dan said.

"I could say the same things about crowbars but some were found in the grocery store and in here," Noah said. "This is Spruceworth. Nothing has to make sense."

Well, he wasn't wrong. Spruceworth could be one of the craziest places at times, and us being transported to this other universe was definitely proof of that.

While Noah was still looking around with the very small chance he would find what he needed, I noticed Ollie sitting at on a chair, his face drained of colour. Sweat was pooled on his forehead and it looked like he was trying his best to take deep breaths.

"Ollie, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm fine," Ollie said.

Grant was sitting on the floor beside Wilbur and as soon as he looked over at Ollie, he got up and walked over to him. "Are you sure you're okay?" Grant asked. "You look... Not well."

"It's just really hot in here," Ollie said.

"It isn't," Grant said as he gently touched Ollie's forehead. "You're burning up."

Josh took that as his cue to see for himself how Ollie was doing. He actually brought some medical supplies from the hospital just in case someone needed treatment so that definitely helped figuring out what was wrong with Ollie.

"I don't get it," Josh said after checking Ollie's temperature. "He has a very high fever but he was literally fine two minutes ago. It's not possible to get a fever this high that fast."

"Please don't tell me this has to do with the injury one of the creatures gave him," Grant said.

"It shouldn't be," Noah said, having stopped looking for supplies once he noticed the situation with Ollie. "I was scratched by one too and I'm perfectly fine."

"But your scratch wasn't as deep as Ollie's," Dan pointed out. "And you got treated right away. Ollie didn't."

"Either way, Josh treated Ollie's room and he's the best doctor out there," Noah said. "Ollie should be fine."

That was when I noticed the wound by Ollie's ankle. Bandage was covering it but right now, something red was seeping through it, quite quickly.

"Uh, Josh?" I asked, gesturing to Ollie's wound.

Josh looked at it, looking both shocked and confused. "No, that's impossible. I stitched it up and when I did, it had already stopped bleeding. It shouldn't be bleeding. Grant, help me get him onto the floor so I can get a better look at it."

Grant helped Josh carefully place Ollie on the floor where Josh then unwrapped the bandage around Ollie's wound. And when he did, he reached an all-new level of confusion. 

"The stitch is gone," Josh said. "It disappeared. There isn't a single piece of evidence that I stitched up this wound."

"What? That's impossible," Grant said. "Why is this happening?"

"Noah, we need your knowledge right now," Calvin said. "Wow, that's something I never thought I'd say."

Noah gave Calvin a sarcastic laugh. "Oh, you're hilarious. I'm come from the smartest family, Calvin. But to answer your question... I don't fully know because those creatures aren't even in the TV show and I have no idea what they are but..."

"But what?" Grant asked once Noah took a while to complete his sentence.

"But... It's possible that the venom or poison or whatever those creatures have has gotten in Ollie's system," Noah said. "And it's possible that eventually, he'll turn into one of those creatures."

no not my baby ollie :(

i say as if i'm not the one writing this story lol

but if ollie does turn into one of those creatures, you all know both grant and shaw are going to get mad and probably go on a killing spree to all the other creatures. we love a supportive boyfriend and brother <3

omg that reminds me. i have a screenwriting class and i'm using grant/ollie/hennessy/the rest of grant's family for the script i have to write and last week, we went over the first six pages of everyone's script and when it was my turn, my prof was like "does oliver have a thing with hennessy?"

i was high key insulted. 

we have to edit the first six pages and add another 6-8 so in my edit, i tried making it more clear that it's GRANT AND OLLIE, NOT HENNESSY.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro