5: He can't... (Riley)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Alright guys, so are we gonna build a house, or a castle or what?"

"SECRET UNDERGROUND BASE!"

"Ow, Riley, just yell a bit louder, why don't you? I don't think you quite destroyed my ear drums."

I grinned. "Sorry Bajan. Got excited."

He rolled his eyes, trying to keep a smile off his face. "Whatever."

Jerome grinned and got back to his original question: "So what are we gonna build?"

"I like the idea of a base, but maybe not underground," Sky said. "That would take way too long."

"Alright then," I said. "Make a base out of cobblestone?"

"Cobblestone walls, wooden building, lava on the outside, a drawbridge that we can raise and lower, towers on each corner and halfway along the walls, trap-"

"Okay okay Bajan, we get it, you're a survival master," Sky said, rolling his eyes. Bajan blushed slightly.

"Let's get to it guys!" Jerome said.

We jumped into action, punching down trees like pros. I'll admit, I freaked out the first time I punched the middle of a tree out. I had jumped out of the way, waiting for it to fall down but it just hung there in midair. Between the five of us, we collected three stacks of wood in less than 10 minutes and made a crafting table and a wooden pickaxe. Sub starting digging down (No, not straight down, we're not stupid) to get cobblestone while the rest of us kept collecting wood.

"I just don't understand how this works," Sky said, stepping back to observe the top of the tree that was hanging in midair.

"Minecraft dude," Jerome said.

"I know, but it's one thing seeing it on a computer screen and another seeing it in real life. Or whatever it is when you're in a game."

"I keep waiting for it to fall down and it never does," I admitted, punching the stump of a tree.

"What's doing my head in is how we've been punching trees with our bare hands and yet they're not hurting," Mitch said.

"I know! It's weird," Sky said. "There's so many things that just do your head in!"

"SHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIII-"

"SUB, WHAT THE HECK?" I yelled.

"Sorry, almost fell into a ravine and skeletons are shooting arrows after me."

"Then come back up to the surface!" Mitch said.

"What do you think I'm doing? Also, could you guys talk in your head cause it's really hard to hear you via mind-speech when you're talking out loud."

"Right, sorry," I said.

"Okay, that's just weird," Jerome said. "I could hear you speaking but your mouth wasn't moving."

I grinned.

With the cobblestone that Sub had gathered, we made stone pickaxes and collected a whole bunch of cobblestone. Then we went back up to the surface and looked at the wide space we had made when we were punching trees.

"So where should we start?" Sky asked.

"Well, we're gonna need more space than we've got here," Bajan said.

"Eventually but we can always expand it later right?" Jerome pointed out.

"Why don't we just build a house for now for when night comes and then we can start arguing about the base," Sub suggested.

"That mind speech thing is still freaking me out but okay."

We got to work. We decided to make a simple two story wooden house with five bedrooms, a storage room with chests for materials, a kitchen and a lounge room. We were wondering if we should make a bathroom but decided against it cause we hadn't needed to use those facilities when we were in Minecraft. To finish off our simple wooden house, we had a balcony, cobblestone pillars, roof and bottom flooring and a fireplace.

"Okay, maybe not the most simple house I have ever built," Mitch admitted when we had finished.

I was about to answer when I heard a twig snap in the forest behind me.

(Herobrine)

I had worked my way towards the voices and I was hiding behind a tree. There were five people (four boys and one girl), all working together to build what I was assuming to be a wooden house. One of the boys wore a black and red checkered jumper, another wore a suit, one had a green shirt and the last one had sunglasses. The girl had short red and black hair, a black shirt and black jeans, but her shoes were red. For a split second, I thought they were familiar, but the thought disappeared. I watched until they finished building the house about an hour later. They stood out the front, admiring it and talking to each other. I started to back away but my foot stepped on a twig, crushing it. I froze, hoping that none of them had heard. But the girl did.

She turned around and saw me. Her face rapidly changed from shock to wonder to amazement to happiness. "Hero!" she called. The others turned, their faces going through the same rapid changes that the girl did. The girl started running towards me.

"Stop," I growled, my voice coming harsher than I intended it to. She instantly froze. My head spun. She called me 'Hero'. No one had called me Hero, only Herobrine. It sounded wrong but also comforting at the same time. She and the boys acted as if they knew me, which was impossible. Right?

(Riley)

"Stop," Hero growled.

I froze. I had only heard him use that voice for Entity. He had never used it for me or for any of the others. Even when we had found that picture room the first time we were here, he didn't use that voice. What was wrong?

"Are you okay Hero?" I asked.

He growled again. "Don't call me that. My name is Herobrine, not Hero."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Riley...." Sky cautioned. I ignored him.

"Why are you acting so... strange? What happened?"

Hero frowned slightly, like he was confused. "Nothing happened," he said, although he sounded uncertain. I couldn't understand. Something was wrong here. It was like....

"Do you remember us?" Bajan asked.

Hero looked at him. He slowly looked at each of us in turn, finally resting on me.

"I don't know any of you."

(Entity)

Herobrine had been gone for a while. I was starting to get worried, but not for him. What if he regained his memory? What if he saw something that he remembered? What if he remembered that I was his enemy? And what if, for some strange reason, his friends had come back? Would he remember them if he saw them?

I growled as I remembered them. Sky, Bajan, Jerome, Sub and the girl, Riley. Especially the girl Riley. If not for her, things would have been very different in that first battle. She didn't know it of course, but she gave Herobrine something worth fighting for. If he remembered her, I would be in a very dangerous position.

Making a decision, I grabbed my sword and left my castle. I used a simple tracking hack and followed Herobrine's footsteps. Thanks to the swiftness hack I was also using, I caught up to him in only ten minutes. I hid behind a tree, watching him. My eyes widened as I saw his friends facing him and I readied my sword. If Herobrine showed signs of remembering them, I would have to act quickly. Nowhere would be safe for me if they teamed up. But they stayed apart. I edged closer to hear what they were saying.

"I don't know any of you."

At those words, I grinned. A plan sprung into my mind, fully formed. This was better than what I had ever thought of before. My revenge was going to be so much sweeter. I stood in the shadows behind and to the right of Herobrine, waiting for the perfect moment.

(Riley)

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

Herobrine's eyes narrowed slightly, but he didn't say anything. I looked at the ground, biting my lip even though I knew it was stupid and cliche, but I couldn't believe it. Could he really have forgotten everything? Everything?

Sky was thinking along the same lines. "Don't you remember the time you spent with us at your castle? The training, the talks, the pancakes I made, our fight with Entity-"

"Entity? We fought Entity?"

My head jerked up at Herobrine's words. He remembered Entity? Why was he looking so confused? Maybe he could remember.

"You brought us into Minecraft," I said slowly. "You brought us because you needed our help to fight Entity. He was trying to take over Minecraft."

Herobrine shook his head. "No, that's not right. He-"

Someone moved forward behind Herobrine, his black sword out ready. Speak of the devil himself.

"Herobrine? Who are these guys?" Entity asked.

I saw Bajan moving forward out of the corner of my eye and I raised my hand slightly, gesturing for him to stop. I had a feeling that we were suddenly playing a very dangerous game.

"I don't know," Herobrine answered. "I just saw them here."

"Come on, we'd better go home," Entity said, moving his sword to his side so that Herobrine couldn't see it.

"Hero, don't go with him," I blurted as Herobrine began to turn away. He turned back, puzzled. Words started tumbling out of my mouth. "He's evil! You said so yourself! He's tried to kill you and he's put you in prison and he's done horrible things and he took over Minecraft-"

"Stop telling lies!" Entity yelled. "Stop trying to hurt my friend!"

"Why you little-!"

Bajan charged at Entity, his axe swinging. Entity grabbed onto Herobrine's arm and they teleported away in a flash of red particles, leaving us alone in a world where we weren't supposed to be.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro