4. Safe and Loved

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Xian opens his eyes. He finds himself back in his room...in the house where HE is.
Xian's forehead breaks out in cold sweat.

Yanli!

Xian wants to go to his sister. He wants to protect his sister. But he knows that he has already lost her. Xian is sure that HE had taken her...just like HE had taken Xian.
Xian had heard the screams after all.

Xian gets up and ignores the pain in his chest and his stomach. He is sure that the kicks would have left bruises.

He rampages through his desk drawer and takes out a first aid kit. 'This is all I can do for her.' Xian tells himself.
He is a useless shell afterall.

He opens the door and steps out.
He almost slips on the gooey substance under his feet. It's sticky... Then he smells it and bends down to confirm his fears, 'Blood... a pool of blood.'
He looks for it's source and throws up all over himself. The blood had made its way to his door after having seeped through the space between the floor and the door to Yanli's room.

No!

He runs to Yanli's room only to find it empty. He rushes down, 'Chen!'
His younger brother. He was next door.

Xian opens the door next to Yanli's.

Empty!

Thank God!

He runs down only to find the whole house empty.

He panicks and is about to run outside when he once again feels  strong arms wrap around his middle.

"My love, you are safe. You are safe...I have taken care of HIM, I didn't let him get to her." The husky voice whispers in his ears.

"Yanli...She is safe?" Xian asks to confirm... His heart beats fast.

"Mn."

"And Chen?" Xian asks, his voice, hopeful.

"Yes, my love....Chen is safe too." The voice whispers and traces shell of Xian's ears with his lips.

Xian gulps. "Who are you?"

Silence.

Xian urges, "You never told me your name."

"No, I did not."

Xian smiles.... It's not empty. "Will you tell me now?"

The man nods into Xian's neck, "Will my name be enough?"

Xian shakes his head, "Will you let me look at you?"

The man nods, "Will knowing how I look be enough?"

Xian shakes his head, "What will be enough?"

"Accept me... That will be enough."

Xian turns his eyes widen in surprise, "You!...how can it be you?" Xian cups the boy's face in his hands...It's not a man.. It's a boy.

Real!

Not a dream!

'How did he know where to find me?' Xian wonders looking at Wangji.

Wangji, a brilliant boy who could have had anyone, but wanted none.
Everytime Xian had tried to look, Wangji had had his head stuck between the pages of his books... Yes, he was one of those kids who still read hard bound books.
No one had heard him speak. The most he had ever said to anyone was either 'Mn', 'Yes' or 'No'.

'Could he really be the one who had called him everyday to confess his love?' Xian wonders.

Looking at Xian's stunned expression, Wangji finally speaks, "I wrote you letters, but you threw them away... I called you everyday, but you hung up on me even without trying to know my name.... Today, when I called you, I heard you scream."

When Xian looks at him with eyes full of questions, Wangji tells him everything.

Finally after knowing everything, only one question remains, "Why did you come to me now?"

Wangji holds Xian in his arms with the intention of never letting go, "I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take your pain, your suffering... I just couldn't... I guess I had had enough."

'Maybe.....'
Hope fills the once empty shell as the young boy smiles at him and cups his face, bringing their foreheads together.

'Maybe... '
Maybe... just maybe...Xian could heal...could live without fear. Being safe and loved... Yes... That would be Enough.

Don't wait till you have had enough...If you are hurting, seek help... Maybe... Just Maybe, someone is there, just waiting for you to reach out.

{Note :- That's it. Hope it was to your liking.
Please Vote for this update if you have enjoyed it.}

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro