Font size
Chiều cao dòng

❝𝖄𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖐 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖗𝖙.
𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚;
𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖉𝖔,
𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖆𝖇𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚.❞
- 𝖀𝖓𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖓

Your POV:

"What do you mean?" Taehyung said calmly. But his face showed that he knew what I was talking about.

"I'm, I'm loud and annoying," I said hesitantly. I knew I was risking it all but I didn't want to ride on false hopes when it came to my long time crush. "There's loads of better people you can be friends with. Why did you befriend me?"

"I don't think you're annoying," Taehyung said honestly; his eyes held that sincerity. "And yeah, you're kinda loud, but I'm twice as loud as you. Or haven't you noticed?"

I blushed at the last part as he nudged me. I smiled at him. He didn't find me annoying.

"Plus, you're interesting," he said and started walking again. I followed him and caught up to walk next to him.

"Me? I'm so boring," I laughed it off. He shot me a playful look.

"What? No, really, you're very unique," he said. I didn't know how to reply. "I felt intrigued."

"I think you meant weird," I giggled as I nudged him with my elbow this time. He laughed out loud and I felt happy on the inside. We weren't awkward; that's how it usually went when I talked to boys.

"Well, I like weird," he said, a very different glint in his eye. "Don't you?"

"Good weird, yes," I agreed. We were nearly at the dormitory door and entered the common lounge. I had behaved like that was all I was worried about; being loud and annoying, but I actually was worried that he might find me ugly. 

"Ah, it was nice today," Taehyung said as we both went up the staircase. "I really wanna do this again some day. What do you say?"

"Sure," my cheeks would have been pink but I don't think he could actually see it. In real life, we rarely know when someone is blushing. We stopped at my room door and he stuck his hands inside his pockets.

"Goodnight," his boxy smile made some butterflies erupt in my stomach. I smiled. "We'll see each other tomorrow?"

"Of course," I assured him. "Goodnight!"

I opened the door and was about to enter when Taehyung called out to me.

"Oh, and I don't mind how you look," his cheery voice said the words that made my heart stop. "You look perfectly fine in my eyes and you have a more than fine personality. Gotta go, see you tomorrow!"

Before I could turn around and respond, Taehyung ran away to his room. I watched as his figure disappeared. 

But did he really?

●◐○

"And?" Min-ji blinked at me expectantly. I shrugged, trying to let her know that it wasn't a big deal. "Come on..."

"Nothing, he said I'm not annoying or all that loud," I said to her, rolling my eyes at her excitement.

"Well, I can't say that he likes you based on this information," Eul-soo pointed out, "but I think he's definitely interested in getting to know you."

"Are you sure?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows and a worried expression. "I don't want to get my hopes up on being his friend. Guys never get interested in girls like me."

"(Y/n)..." Eul-soo's eyes softened at my words and she sat down next to me on my bed. She slung her right hand across my shoulder and Min-ji bumped me on my right side too. "You're not a bad person. You're one of the best people I have ever had the chance to meet. It's their loss that guys don't try to get to know you."

"Yeah, looks will take the other girls only so far," Min-ji smiled at me. "All of them that never tried to interact with you, all of those guys will regret it one day."

"Guys..." I just exhaled in amusement. How did I end up getting these two amazing girls with me? 

"Taehyung-ssi might be onto something," Eul-soo smiled suggestively, as if she knew something I didn't. "He might end up getting the diamond that's still in the rough; and maybe, he can make it shine."

My eyes flew to her face and I found her looking at me with an unfamiliar look in her eyes. It looked like.... pride and love.

"I'm so proud of you," she said, smiling, her eyes wet. "I swear, if you don't get a nice guy who is worth you, I'll date you myself."

"Eul-soo!" I laughed out loud for the first time that night. "You're really beautiful, you don't have to get stuck with me."

"I don't care," she said firmly. "You deserve so much, and if they can't see that, I will punch them."

"Don't, their faces will be disfigured for the rest of their lives," I half-joked. Eul-soo smiled and then she and Min-ji wrapped me in a hug and I got sandwiched between them.

"They better be," Eul-soo huffed. "Maybe then they'll realise how pretty you are."

"Eul-soo, I'm not pretty," I said calmly, but my eyes conveyed my sadness at the sad truth. "I'm overweight, I don't have the clear skin all girls do and I have a monster of hair that refuses to be tamed. I'm not beautiful."

"Sure, you may be overweight," Eul-soo said as she let go of the hug. My heart dropped in my stomach; I knew it and I said it myself but hearing someone else say it hurt nonetheless. "But you're also extremely soft and cute. Your heart is bigger than you are. You may not have clear skin, but your thoughts are pure; your mind and feelings are so clear. And just like your hair, you can't be tamed. Just be you."

"You know what we need?" Min-ji stood up suddenly. "A girls movie night. Come on, we're watching a movie. Your choice. Don't think about all these stupid things. (Y/n), looks don't matter to us. And one day, you'll find yourself somebody who doesn't care about looks either."

I smiled at her and stood up to go turn on the TV as I said, "And what if I don't?"

"Well, Eul-soo is the chosen sacrificial goat."

"Hey!"

I laughed along with them and I couldn't help but be grateful that I had them atleast. 

◣◥◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢◤◢

Updated/Published On:
16th August 2020
16/08/2020

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro