Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Finally. I'm a high school graduate. I don't have to deal with immature bullies, people who don't know how to walk, no one making fun of my beard, which is awesome by the way. I think everything is going to be perfect. Lexi and I have been planning this trip for about a year now, when I finished my screenplay. I wanted to go to New York when I finished, but Lexi insisted that we both finished high school. See, a good relationship has compromise. Our families are okay with us going and my second oldest brother is even letting us stay at his place for a bit. 

Lexi drove to my house and I was sitting on the porch with my bags. My mom came out and sat next to me, lighting her cigarette. She's pretty short with long, wavy brown hair and dark green eyes. Since she doesn't really do much, but be at home mom, she's usually wearing a robe. Don't judge a book by it's cover, she's a great mom.Even when dad passed, she somehow became a better one. 

"Those things can kill you." I smiled a little. I don't smoke anything or drink or even take drugs. My mom would tell us never to do any of that stuff because that's what she use to do and that's what killed my dad. 

She smiled back at me and messed up my brown hair, I mean, it was already messy, "That's why you don't do it."

"I know." 

My oldest brother walked out, he's tall with short, clean cut, brown hair and dark brown eyes. He's usually wearing a button down shirt of some kind and dark blue, skinny jeans, "Sure you can't stay for my doctor's appointment, Edgar?" 

I nodded, "Byron, The sooner we leave, the sooner we get to New York and the sooner I make my dream come true. 

My brother has always said that he has never met someone with so much ambitious, like me. I honestly want to and don't want to at the same time, go to his appointment. I want to be there for him, but the news could be bad and keep me waiting longer to get to my dreams.  This is so important because my brother had cancer, then he passed it, but he still has appointments because it could come back at any moment. I know I'm being selfish, but this has been my dream even since fifth grade. I can't just throw it all away. 

When Lexi got to my house, she got out and helped me load my bags into her car. She will always have her amazing, wavy, red hair and bright, big blue eyes. She looked awesome, even though she was just wearing blue, skinny jeans and a white, band shirt with red converse. My family loves her, even though at first my mom didn't. Something about taking her little boy away. Her car is a nice 2015 Chevy Malibu. 

"Hey, mom." She smiled, hugging my mom. Lexi is apart of the family, so, she calls mom, mom, "Hey, Bryon, how you feeling?"

Bryon shrugged, "Could be better, but I'm hanging in there." 

She smiled, her smile always makes things better. I was getting ready to get in the car, but was stopped my mom, who was in tears, squeezing me, I swear I was going to die, "Be safe." 

I nodded, "Don't worry, I'm in good hands." 

"Wait, are you sure you want to wear that to New York?" 

I smiled, I'm wearing a graphic t-shirt from some 90s cartoon, black jeans and a green plaid shirt with DC Comics converse, "I think it gives off a hipster vibe." I got into the car and we finally drove off. I stared out the window as music was playing, think about my dream and how it's about to come true. New York, I can't wait to see you. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro