Knowing you were one step from death,
Holding onto your breath,

I wanna lie to you today,
So that you won't run away,
I wish you could stay,
But the world turns darker each day...

-Eyes on her lipstick

I was falling...

That's when a white light engulfed me and I felt my heart restart. Gasping I coughed and looked around and realised I was alive. And no more falling.

Ronnie was curled up in the sheets, his elbow and legs sticking out of the comforter. That was how he usually slept. I caressed his face for a while, trying to gather my messed up thoughts. The dream was like a subconscious taunt for me, I knew I was wrong and selfish in placing myself above my loved ones.

Sighing I knocked my head and tried to clear the bitter thoughts, that's when my mind went to my phone. Grabbing it from under the pillow I connected it to the charger and left the room to get some fresh air.

The hardwood squeaked as I tiptoed to the garden. And truly it was a nice decision as I could see the fireflies shining with the full moon illuminating the green garden. The flowers bloomed making me gasp. The fireflies and crickets flew to it and the sprinkler started spraying water everywhere.

I took in its beauty from a distance. It sometimes made me wonder if my presence even mattered in this universe or was I another burden for mother nature.

"What are you thinking about?" A voice startled my thoughts, making me jump back in panic. It was Karthik, not a night ghost-like creature that survived on people's blood aka vampire. Yes, I hate vampires. As they are the biggest creeps to exist in a little girl's imagination.

"You didn't pick my call. Are you sad?" He asked me, mimicking my posture as he gazed at the garden.

"If I didn't pick your call it doesn't mean I am sad", I replied to him. He turned to me and tried to read my eyes.

"I wasn't involved in the cheating-" I cut him off.

"En I know"

"Then... why are you being rude to me?" He asked calmly. I frowned and tried to recall when I was rude to him. But he continued before I could ask him the same.

"I mean you were ignoring me before. We are friends, you can tell me if my presence bothers you", He said earnestly, his eyes vulnerable as he waited for my reply.

"Friends? You want to be friends with me?" I asked surprised that my long time enemy wanted to befriend me suddenly. He nodded his head.

"Let me warn you, you will regret it", I said to him seriously.

"Are you threatening me?" He asked his tone indicating that he was a little offended. I sighed and faced him.

"Look at this garden. When the moon is at its richest that's when these flowers bloom. They wait for the full moon to blossom and have their nectars sucked out by those bees. That's what friendship or any other commitment in the universe is like. There is no give or take. Just give and give till you have nothing and that's when they all abandon you", I said without realising that I was telling my deepest thoughts to someone.

"That's deep. I think it all depends on how a person views the world. We all are diverse and have different ways of thinking, which I agree with. The full moon shines on this daylily to help them blossom into what they are now like Cinderella. It attracts the beautiful fireflies and bees to help them rejuvenate themselves which in turn helps us at last. The harmony they have is beautiful. And there is give and take. The flowers shed their leaves to blossom into a new bud that will one day shine brighter than its parent. That's what's called love, friendship and family", He explained which shook me in real. For once I wanted to believe his words.

"I like your thoughts", I said which made him smile.

"So... Friend?" He asked raising his hand to shake. I looked at it for a moment then grasped it.

"Friends"

"Everyone loved my song in the audition. So... will you teach me how to play the violin?" He asked raising the badge he received for winning the best lyrics awards. I was surprisingly not disqualified although I received a huge lecture from our music teacher.

"Okay, I will teach you how to play it", I said standing up and removing the violin from its case. We were sitting in the same garden, except there were other students too, sitting with their group.

"Do you know how to hold it?" I asked to which he nodded and embraced it. I laughed and placed one of his hands at an elbow distance from his shoulders and the other clutched the violin which was diagonally placed on his shoulder.

"Wow it's much lighter this way", He chuckled amusedly. I smiled and passed him the bow. He tried to play a low note. The keyword is tried as the instrument didn't coordinate with him and produced a chortling baritone. He grimaced and looked at me. I pointed to the high note and asked him to do it smoothly without any vibrations.

And in the seventh try, he somewhat produced a sound that wasn't noise but couldn't be called music either.

"Rosie", I heard his voice behind me. Inhaling I turned around and he was still the same, Siddharth. His grey eyes were twinkling with mist as he stared at me. I raised my eyebrows in question.

"Can we talk?" He asked me. I tried to calm down my anxious heart but the lub-dub sound won't stop. I stared at my hands then nodded. He walked in the front and I followed him. As I was exiting the garden, I glanced back. That's when I noticed Karthik looking at me weirdly. I waved apologetically to him before walking away with Siddharth.

So this was chapter 20.

How was the chapter?

Vote, Share and Comment.

And I love you guys💜

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro