Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

All our classes were replaced to practice session for the upcoming big event. Our college was music oriented like some colleges are sports oriented. The founder of the college was a great musician who formed it before partition but sadly migrated leaving the students unattended. The college was rebuilt a few years ago when our director got the right to re continue the college while remembering the historical significance of the building. That means we can't even lean on the walls without a security jumping out of the bush and screaming at us.

Our professor has announced today as a performance or evaluation day. He wanted the groups to perform on any given song to check how good their coordination is.

"Are you excited?", Shreya whispered. Her eyes were sparkling with nervousness and excitement at the same time. The thing is she recently started playing the piano and her crush is a big fan of girls playing piano. So yeah you get the story.

We sat randomly not in a mood to discuss with our assigned members as many of them were late. Jay turned around in his seat and smiled at me.

"Rosie", He said smiling, turning his seat towards me while maintaining eye contact. He knew it was annoying so he did it all the time.

"Jay", I said giving him my best fake smile ever. He reacted by flinching backwards making me roll my eyes at his antics.

"Do you get attracted to a boy who plays guitar?" He asked dramatically passing his hands through the mass of curly hair that were held back by a checks hair band.

"If a guy sings for me I would seriously gift him my heart", Shreya says in a dreamy state. Her nerdy specs slide down her button nose as she smiles and then sighs when she sees Jay making a puking motion.

"I think guys who play guitar are jerks-" Shreya cuts him off.

"You are saying this because you don't know how to play a guitar, right?" Shreya comments hi-fing me as we both giggle at Jay's messed up face.

"SRK doesn't how to play the guitar", He grumbled wrapping his hands around his chest. I pinch Shreya to stop her from giggling and she stops giving me a questioning glance. I motion towards his face then she grimaces as she looks at his crest fallen face.

"Soo... What's your impression of a girl who plays piano?" She asks nervousness clear in her voice. It's clear, she confirming it for the guy whom she has a crush on.  Her voice reveals her vulnerability making Jay smirk and turn towards her. He smiles and makes a serene face.

"A girl playing a piano reminds me of -" He trails of enjoying the anxious expression on Shreyas face as she questions 'of?'.

"... a demon", He say with a serious expression on his face.

"You are serious?" She questions, to which he nods innocently. I could see the smile breaking out on his face as he clenched his fingers to control it.

"NOOO....my efforts will be a waste" , Shreya cries out loud banging her head on the table. This breaks Jay's limit and he laughs loud enough to turn the entire class's head. His laugh is too goofy for his own good and I join him after a minute.

"But seriously Shreya haven't you seen it in every horror movie. Where a girl plays the piano and it scares the shit out of you", He explains to which Shreya's eyes become moist. I slap Jay's hand to shut him up and hug Shreya.

"Ahhh I was joking earlier Shreya. I didn't mean it...", He trailed off his eyes guilty as he looked at the tears that were indeed real. It was shocking for me too, I would have never vouched Shreya to be hurt easily by mild teasing.

" You are a liar. He won't like me playing the piano", She whined in my embrace. Jay was sweating hard as he glanced around the class. The poor guy was going to run away any second.

"It's his opinion. Maybe your crush will think -" She cut me off.

"No that's not possible because they are the same", She confessed forgetting that Jay was sitting right there. Jay froze in the air his eyes revealing shock that mirrored mine. The situation was too awkward and truly unexpected.

"I am sorry Shreya", Jay said patting her shoulder as if he didn't heard hee confession just now and sat back on the seat casually. I did the same and gave her time to settle her emotions.

An hour passed but there was no sight of Karthik. I messaged him but he didn't reply, which irritated me. He could have informed me beforehand if he was taking a leave. I sighed and nervously looked at the group performing on the stage. I would have cheered and sang along if my nerves weren't high.

After a few minutes they ended their performance and the class applauded. I stood up and took my position as the small stage got empty. I didn't had the strength too look around the class, my gut was twisting as I tried to think of a reason for his absence.

As I closed my eyes to sing the song, the door opened and he ran in breathing heavily. Our professor gave him a glare and motioned towards the unoccupied piano. Karthik nodded and walked towards it. As he sat there, I could see him lost in thoughts. I wanted him to make eye contact so atleast we could coordinate the music but Karthik hasn't glanced at me since he entered the class. Shrugging I picked up my violin and started playing a fine tune.

The music was going fine until Karthik started playing a funny music on the piano covering the violin music. I narrowed my eyes and tried to repress his music, my hand were agressively moving as Karthik transitioned to a music similar to 'tom and jerry'.

At that moment the only things that went through my mind were:

His head and my violin.

So this was chapter 24. I hope you all love it❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro