Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

My ears were turning red and my hands were clenched so hard on the violin that it could break in a snap. In just a snap of my fingers. His neck was far too delicate.

I breathed in and tried to relax. Closing my eyes I exhaled and tried to trace the tom and jerry song with the violin. I knew I was failing because he was striking the piano too fast. I was reaching my limit but still played the violin till the end of his happy song, even though it wasn't required.

As I reopened my eyes, I saw my classmates grimacing at our lack of coordination. I sighed and stood up with the violin in my hand when our music teacher's voice stopped me.

"Rosie sit back and Karthik you did a great job. You are getting better with time", My professor complimented him, it shocked me honestly, then I felt anger rising inside me. He was the one who played the wrong piano and appeared late in the classroom. Then why was our professor praising and asking me to sit back?

Bias!

'Aahhhhhhhhh', I screamed in my head as he patted Karthik on his shoulder and complimented him. Jealousy sparked inside me as I ground my teeth. How could he not notice that Karthik did all this just to spite me?

And why was Karthik suddenly being so mean to me? I didn't do anything to receive such a backlash. I wanted to claw someone's head out, days of pent up frustration were bubbling up at once. Siddharth's betrayal, our breakup and now this. I could feel my eyes turning red as I waited for our music teacher to scold me.

Anyway, it was his favourite job. Finding faults in me and insulting me truly boosted his ego as a teacher. Some teachers loved to publicly humiliate their students, thinking it was fun and why not make others laugh at a weaker student.

"Rosie, why were you so lost during the performance?" He asked surprisingly in a softer tone.

"I... didn't practice well, I am sorry sir", I apologized, bowing my head as I realised that maybe it was partially my fault too. As a musician, I should have tried my best but I failed.

"It wasn't that tough to keep up with him. I am disappointed in you Rosie", He said his eyes clearly showing the disappointment in them. I nodded my head, irritated by myself.

Why am I the way I am?

"I want you to learn how to keep up with others. For that I need a volunteer", He said the class broke into whispers before someone suggested her name.

Pari smiled at me as she climbed up the stage. She stood near me asking for the violin. I met our professor's eyes who nodded and sat down on the piano seat.

" Ready sir?" She asked him. He nodded and then he started playing the same music as Karthik. Pari made eye contact with me and slowly started playing the violin. The tone was so sloe but powerful that it surprisingly blended with the piano and wasn't lost, unlike mine. I was left in awe till the end as they finished the song in perfect harmony.

The class clapped and our professor bowed dramatically making many people whistle. Then his gaze met mine and seriousness shined in them.

"What irritated me was your lack of tuning. It wasn't the lack of coordination", He explained smiling sweetly I nodded and went back to my seat. I felt irritated the rest of the class. I wanted to snap at someone, fight with them or cry till my eyes are drained of tears.

I wanted to cry...

And maybe this wasn't my day because as soon as the class ended Pari cornered me. Her eyes were emotionless as she stared at me, trying to intimidate me. She wanted me to accept defeat, I could see the competitiveness shining in them. I averted my eyes first I could see the victory shining in her eyes as she thought that I lost. So immature of her. If I was the previous Rosie, I would have snapped at her.

'A loser is better than a cheater anyway'

But I held my tongue smirking as she opened her mouth, then closed it. I could see the uneasiness in her posture, the stiffness in her shoulder and her hands hovering in the mid-air.

"Are you dating Siddharth?", She asked me. I laughed and shook my head. She narrowed her eyes and continued playing the boring staring contest with the wall as I wasn't staring at her.

"He is my boyfriend", She asserted, the possessiveness in her eyes shocked me.

"Is he?", I asked in a childish voice. She bared her teeth and almost stamped her foot on the ground before asking me.

"U don't know?" Her voice was vulnerable as she waited for my response.

"Yes because he never mentioned", I said not holding back the truth even when her eyes turned misty I maintained my cruel front.

"You are lying", She denied, but I could see that she knew the truth but didn't want to acknowledge it.

"Nah. I am not", I said softly. I felt a little bad for her pitiful state.

"I.. love him. Why did he do that again with me?" She asked out loud tears falling from her eyes as she stamped the ground in anger.

"Again?" I asked her with genuine curiosity. I never thought Siddharth ever cheated on Pari.

"Yeah. He dated, I mean cheated on me before this", She said in a weak voice. I could see the drained look in her eyes. It reminded me of someone.v

"And you still want him?"

"Yes because I love him", She said her response quick.

"I can't believe this, how can you bear his cheating?" I asked with concern and a wave of pent up anger that was breaking out. The fact that I  wasn't the only woman he used, was making me want to break his bones in real.

"If you love someone you will go to any extent for them to reciprocate your love", She said smiling at me. I nodded as she walked away leaving me lost in my thoughts.

So this was chapter 25. I hope you all love it.

What do you think about the story so far?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro