Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Rose you have thorns", Ronnie said with a serious face shocking me still for a moment. I furrowed my eyebrows and knitted my eyes at him. He came closer with a concentrated face.

"Right there", He said raising my hands towards my nose and immediately smashing his other hand on it. I shrieked because of the sudden shock and pain. He laughed and literally rolled on the floor laughing his ass out.

"Rosie *laughs* you are sooooooo *laughs* dumb", He manages to talk in between rolling on the floor and laughing in a breathless tone. I felt a funny feeling rise up in my chest as I realised how much Ronnie has progressed within a month. It made me proud as well as guilty at the same time.

I already had such a treasure, then why did I looked for affection elsewhere. It was so stupid of me. No wonder god punished me in such a way.

Frankly speaking, I was never a religious person. It made me sad, their patriarchal behaviour. It was almost suffocating for a younger me who didn't fit anywhere to suddenly adjust to the laws of the holy book.

No wonder I was so restless the entire time in my last life. I wanted peace, my soul's peace. I want to be innocent again, like the 5 year old Rosie who had long conversations with God just because she didn't any friends.

My loneliness arose because I grew up from the believes and realised that the world is more important than god. Make friends, enjoy your life till the end and be cool. Sadly I did neither so I was left in an awkward spot between the two.

"You are lost againnn", Ronnie drawled out breaking me from my thought process. I blinked at him when a guilty look covered his face and he approached me.

"Roses are pretty inspite of their thorns", He said, his voice filled with guilt. I frowned then realised my eyes were teary from before which made Ronnie think that I was hurt by his actions.

He climbed on the chair and kissed on my nose then blowing on it. His action tugged my heart and I hugged the little guy as he tried to balance on his tippy toes.

Kissing him on his forehead I tucked him inside the warmer and switched off the light before returning to my side of my bed. Hopefully he will wake up for his online classes without me. Brushing his soft black hair behind his ears, I tried to fall asleep.

These days insomnia was hitting me hard and I couldn't fall asleep till dawn no matter how hard I tried. I felt restless from inside. Something was eating me from inside. Guilt, anger or my ego who knows.

Closing my eyes I tried to imagine one sheep, then two sheep and roasted chicken. My stomach made a sound in agreement and I sat up on the bed. Squinting my eyes I saw the moon light coming from a hole in the window pane. Narrowing my eyes I stood up and opened it quietly.

The full moon was clear today, not hiding behind any clouds. Standing proud with a smiley face. As I observed the moon something bugged me. Why was he ignoring me?

I felt my stomach clench as I thought of him. It's been a week since we last talked. In our music classes too he didn't care to join me, sitting in the corner practicing on his own. It hurt me slightly. But I kept my anger at bay and ignored him as well.

Our childish attitude seemed too shallow on the outside but inside it was different. I wanted to question him, why he hated me so much?

I missed my alarm today and overslept. Till the time my eyes flew open it was 9. With an unnatural speed I ran around collecting my stuff and making it out to the class in record time. The professor for the first lecture was thankfully on leave and the substitute didn't make much of a fuss. It was my lucky day.

The class passed without any incident and the recess arrived. The next class was music so like a good student I made a queue to the class.

As I entered the class I saw Shreya, Roy and Prerna talking. They greeted me and patted at a seat next to them. I sat there without thinking much. Honestly I was still sleepy, so my eyes had a dazed look in them. Suddenly the door flew open startling us. Karthik entered apologizing with a big basket in his hand.

"Happy Birthday dude!", Roy wished him. I quickly looked at the date and frowned. His birthday is two months away not today. Right?

"No no, it's not my birthday", Karthik said making me sigh in relief. Then I thought even if it was his birthday what would have changed.

"So these are for...?" Shreya asked curiously. Karthik gulped and walked towards us. Removing a Ferrero rocher chocolate from the basket he gave it to Shreya.

"Thank you so much for being my friend. I like you", He said sweetly with a smile on his face.

"Aww dude I like you too", Shreya said eying the chocolate in her hand with love.

Karthik then turned towards Roy and said the same thing, gifting him a chocolate. As students entered they gathered around him and he did his drill. Then when I thought he wasn't going to gift me anything he approached me with the basket and as he was walking he suddenly changed his direction. And went to sit somewhere in the back. To avoid me.

He was getting on my nerves now. I felt angry and humiliated as the entire class munched the sweet treat and I sat there alone like a fool.

Karthik lied that day, I realized. Friends do abandon you someday. And it hurts when they do without a reason.

So this is chapter 27. I hope you all love it:)

Dedicated to:

sanidhya_09

And

ishuchimpu

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro