50 (finale)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Caleb pov 

I started to comfort Faith after she told me what happened. I knew we should've shot them when they turned! But now's not the time to gloat. We are trapped and we are going to die. No......i wont let us die. I had to think. Madison is going to come back any moment now and finish us off. Heh... This reminds me of Terra. When she kidnapped Faith and I. Heh...and Madison and Ki rescued us. I know that wont happen this time. I looked out the barred window. Zombies were in the distance. Hmmm. If we made enough noise, then they would probably come and start wrecking the fort and aid us in our escape! It's pretty risky, but it's worth a shot. 

Faith pov 

Caleb told me his plan. It's pretty brilliant, but a little risky. But we have to try or else we die. Caleb and I start yelling. The Zombies glance in our direction and start hobbling towards us. They have to hurry up. 

"SHUT UP! YOU GUYS ARE TOO LOUD!" Madison yelled. Ironic. The zombies were almost here. I watched as they started clawing on the secret ladder. They gave up and started wrecking the main support beam. The structure started shaking. Soon, The tree house collapsed. The jail broke. Our bags were somewhere among the rubble. I then realized we forgot a major issue. The zombies. I grab my bag and grab Caleb's hand. I saw the Zombies hobble to Madison, who has her arm stuck under a wood beam. 

"NO! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" She screamed. Caleb stared at her before grabbing my hand and running. WE ran until it began to get  dark. My arm was killing me. We finally stop to make camp. I then notice that Caleb doesn't have his bag. Well crap. We only have one gun. I guess we'll have to make it work. Caleb and I climb up a tree and fall asleep. 

Caleb pov         (last ever Caleb Pov)

I wake up in the middle of the night to pain in my right arm. I look down to see it turning green and blood oozing from it. What? I then have a flash back. 

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoOo (Sorry It's not in the budget for real sound effects.) 

The zombie was getting close. I felt pain as It scratched me. I shrugged it off. Someone can only get infected if they get bit.............Right?

OOOOoOoOoOOoOoOo

I must be infected...........This will crush Faith. If I am going to die in a week or two, There's a place that I want to see one last time. I wrap it up bandage and go back to sleep. 

Faith shook me awake. It was dawn. I help Faith down as we eat a 'breakfast'. I tell her of my plan. 

"Hey Faith, We should go to The Junior High. WE haven't been there in years And maybe we can find some survivors?" I suggest. When I'm gone, I want her to be taken care of. She thinks it over. 

"Yeah. That's a good idea. It's pretty far though, Like it might take us a week or two." She said. That's all the time I need.

Faith pov 

Caleb and I start the journey to the old JH. I notice that he keeps holding his arm. Hmm. We keep on for a few days before Caleb starts moving slower. 

"Caleb, what's wrong?" I ask finally. He looks at me. 

"What??? n-nothing's wrong!" He says. I then notice he has a bandage on his arm. 

"Caleb...........Whats under that bandage?" I asked. He sighed only knowing that he's only gonna tell the truth. 

"A Zombie scratched me..........and I'm infected." He said. I let a sob choke out. Then tears were streaming down my face. I hug him tight. 

"No...............no Caleb.............!" I sob. I bury my face in his chest

"I'm sorry Faith............" He says. I sniffle. 

"I wanted to go to the place where we first kissed." He said softly. I wipe the tears. 

"Then let's go" I say.

two days later

Caleb and I make it to the school. I think today might be his last day. His breathing is more shallow and his face is pale. WE take his last walk up the hill. He lays down and I put his head on my lap. 

"Faith..........................I love you..........." He said. I press my lips against his. 

"Faith..............Be strong. You are strong. I love you. The day we first met, I instantly fell for you. You are the girl of my dreams, I could never imagine my life without you." He said. 

"Caleb............I'll see you soon......I love you..." I say. 

He chuckles. 

"Not too soon, Okay Punkin." He jokes. I nod. I grab my gun and aim it. My hand starts shaking. I lower the gun. 

"Caleb............I can't do this......." I say. He frowns. 

"You have to. I don't want to turn. I don't want YOU to see me turn." He says. Tears are streaming. I hold up the gun and put my finger on the trigger. I hear the gunshot, but my finger hasn't moved. 

Red blossoms on Caleb's head. I didn't shoot him. I then see a gun in the bushes. I don't take the time to see who it is, I aim my gun and fire. The figure lands on the ground in a thud. I walk over to the bushes, anger and sadness aching me. I look at the body to see.............................Madison...........................She must've survived the zombies at her tree house. I just shot my friend. I would feel sad, But I can't feel anymore. My kids are dead. My husband is dead, one of my best friends is dead. I can't go on like this, but I have to stay strong . I grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder. I walk over to Caleb and pull out Atlanta's drawing. I grab his hand and place a kiss on his cheek. I place the drawing on his chest.

"I'll be there soon." I whisper. 

I then walk the path to an unknown destiny, one that I will have to travel with one half of me missing.

The End. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro