Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The bell then rang...

"Oh," Sabine stood up from her seat. "Are we expecting another visitor that is going to join us?"

"Oh yes," Chloe stood up as well. "I invited someone over. Hope it's not a big problem."

"Of course not," Sabine smiled.

Chloe nodded and headed to the door. She opened it and Lila walked inside.

"Lila, I'm so glad you could make it," Chloe hugged her, Lila returning the hug.

Lila is here? Marinette wasn't really bothered by that. Lila came up to her and gave her a hug. Why did Chloe invite Lila? I never knew they were friends!

Adrien shifted uncomfortably in his seat, watching as the girls welcomed each other and finally took a seat. Lila took a seat that was closest to Adrien, and Adrien couldn't help but feel uncomfortable at that.

I see what's going on here. Lila is still crushing on Adrien. Besides, why would she decide to sit so close to him? Marinette looked down on her plate. That's weird. Why do I feel... A little uncomfortable about that?

"Now that we're all here, let's eat," Sabine exclaimed as Nathalie brought in the last dish.

Lila and Chloe gave each other a look, before the both of them turned to Marinette.

"Marinette, are you okay?" Adrien whispered to her. She almost jumped at his sudden voice that got close to her. She gave him a slight nod.

Adrien wasn't a complete idiot to know that she was lying. He also wasn't an idiot to know what was going on here.

If Lila still has a crush on me, then I have to act like I'm really close to Marinette. Maybe then she'll leave me alone.

"So, how has school been going for all of you?" Mrs. Agreste decided to break the silence and start a conversation that would include everyone.

"It's been going great," Lila spoke. "Getting good grades, making great friends, like Chloe here."

"Aw, I'm glad you're having a great time with Chloe," Mrs. Agreste exclaimed and Chloe nodded.

"And what about Marinette and Adrien?" Sabine asked, getting excited. "How long have you two been dating?"

Lila and Chloe tried not to show their glares as the attention were on the two daters.

"Not for that long," Marinette answered just as Adrien was going to open his mouth to say something. They hadn't really practiced on what to say when they were being asked questions.

"How did it start?" Sabine asked, obviously so interested.

"Well I-"
"We-"

Marinette and Adrien turned to each other, seeing that they had said it at the same time.

"You can go first," Marinette mumbled, being so uncomfortable and nervous at the same time.

"Well, I finally gathered up courage and asked her out," Adrien exclaimed.

"That's awesome, Adrien," Emilie smiled. "Marinette is a very nice girl. She is perfect for you!"

"Yes," Adrien said, turning to Lila, who felt like a needle was being pushed through her heart. "There is no other girl like her."

Marinette couldn't help her face from getting red. Why all of a sudden? Why was her heart beating so fast?

Was... Was Adrien finally taking effect on her?

No, no, she chose not to believe it. She didn't like anyone. Both of them were fake dating, nothing else. After all this mess will be cleared up, the two would go back to being friends. And that's all they were ever going to be. Nothing more than that.

They kept talking about how Adrien and Marinette were such a cute couple, Marinette muttering a "yes", or "no" when she got asked a question.

Only Lila kept quiet. Chloe would make small comments on little things the others said. But Lila. She refused to talk.

How could they be talking about her crush and another girl like that?!

Finally she cleared her throat, and every eyes turned to her.

"Can me, Chloe and Marinette go upstairs to have some 'girl' time?"

- Edited -

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro