42 | Hiram Lodge

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When Fangs and I got to school this morning, I tried to find Betty or Archie, none of them was where I was, maybe because I'm sitting with the serpents? Yeah maybe.....

"Hey Maia, don't you have a hot friend?" Sweet Pea suddenly asks with a smirk and Fangs push his shoulder annoyed and Toni shakes her head. "Well, I have one named Gabriel, I'm sure he'd be into you if you hadn't reformed his face" I retort, What? He didn't say if I had a girl friend? He just said friend? It could've been a boy he meant?

"Ohhh" Fangs says and Toni snorts. "I hate you" Sweet Pea grumbles. I blow him a kiss before saying. "Love you too Sweets"

"Hey, I'm just gonna go and see if I can find Betty, so I'll see you guys later" I tell Fangs and the other two, Fangs nods and I peck his lips before standing up with my bag.

As I walk away from the Serpents I spot Reggie shaking his head disappointed at me and I roll my eyes as he directs his glare to the Serpents instead. "Grow up, Mantle" I retort as I pass.

I find Jughead, Betty and Veronica in the lounge and I sit down next to Betty as she sits next to Jughead. "Hey, what's going on?" I whisper to her.

"Veronica, are you trying to manage me?" Jughead blurts out and I raise an eyebrow at Veronica. "Define manage" she says.

"People are gonna lose their homes" Jughead says and I nod, Fangs is gonna lose his trailer.

"Why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilized humans face to face?" Veronica tries.

"Okay. On one condition. Your dad comes to Sunnyside Trailer Park. I want him to see the people he'll displace" Jughead says.

"Fine. And trust me, no one is being displaced" Veronica says. "Good, cause you know—its my boyfriends home too" I retort and Veronica nods understandingly.

"Oh my god. Did you guys hear? My dad's scanners blowing up. The police found another dead body this morning. There's blood everywhere" Kevin says dramatically.

My eyes widen and I look at Betty who suddenly got unrealistic pale. I look at Archie who stares into the air wonderingly. What's up with these two?

I look at Jughead and send him a look and he looks at Kevin confused.

"Could the Black Hood have risen from the grave?" Jughead says. "Did they say whose body?" "Where did they find it?" Archie and Betty asks at the same time.

"The investigations ongoing, but it was a gruesome execution at the motel. Blood and brains splattered all over the duvet" Kevin explains and I gag and hold my ears.

"Okay, Kev, we get it" Archie says and stops Kevin. "I gotta go" Betty says and her voice sounds different. I share a look with Jughead and he nods at me and I go after her.

I follow Betty to the girls room and I hear she's throwing up. I stay quiet until she's done and I walk into her view. Then Cheryl walks out too.

"Oh. Betty, are you okay?" Cheryl asks taken back. "Do you need some help?" I ask worriedly and step forward.

"I'm fine, Cheryl. And Maia just leave" Betty says. "Let me grab you a towel" Cheryl says trying to help. "I said, I'm fine" Betty snaps.

"You have puke on your collar" Cheryl tells her before walking out. I look after Cheryl and send her a weak smile as she looks back.

"Betty...." I say and squad by the toilet door. "What's going on?" I ask. "Leave, Maia. Please" She says. "Alright, I'm not gonna ask what's happening right now, but at least let me help you get cleaned up" I say sternly. She doesn't get to push me away.

Betty slowly nods before crying fully. I sigh and help her up, I grab a towel and make it wet before washing her collar. "It'll be okay" I tell her as she's cleaned up.

She hasn't stopped crying, so I bring her into a hug. She cries on my shoulder and I hold on tightly, Whatever this is—it's bad. I can tell.

"Do you want me to get Jughead?" I ask carefully. She shakes her head no and I nod respecting her choice. She's shaking and crying. I just wished I could help her, this is awful, I can't stand Betty crying like this.

•••

After school I meet up with Fangs and Sweet Pea. "Boys, any news on the Trailer Park?" I ask suspiciously. The two looks at each other before looking at me again.

"No, not yet, nothing's changed" Pea speaks up and I nod and bite my lip. "Right..." I mumble.

"Well, should we get going?" I ask and the two nods and Fangs' hand slips into mine and I peck his lips as he leans down.

"Gross—Don't do that when I'm around" Pea grumbles. "Oh yeah?" I say challenging.

"I remember someone saying and I quote: 'Stay away from her, kid. If anything happens to her, we'll come and finish this' sooooo you want to be around, and you guys are protective" I remind Pea and Fangs chuckles.

"Right, remind me to never help you again—""—Fangs, you were helping Fangs" I correct. "Whatever" Sweet Pea grumbles before getting on his motorcycle and I get on Fangs' behind him and then we take off.

As we arrive at the Whyte Wyrm, Jughead calls me. "Maia? Are you with The boys?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm with Fangs and SP" I say and the two turns to look at me confused.

"Well, tell them that my dad and I are about to talk with Hiram about the Trailer Park, then we'll see how that goes..." Jughead says and scoffs in the end.

"Alright I will, I'm sure you'll win this" I assure him.

"We—we'll win this" Jughead corrects and I smile. "Absolutely, Call when you're done" I tell him. He gives me an okay and then a bye.

"So, who was that?" Sweet Pea asks curiously. "Curiosity killed the cat, Sweets" I say with a smirk. "Seriously, who was it?" He whines.

"It was Jughead, he and FP are about to meet with Hiram Lodge to talk about the Trailer Park" I tell Fangs and Sweet Pea and they nod.

"Let's hope we won't be homeless then" Fangs mumbles and kiss the top of my head before we walk inside the Whyte Wyrm.

Not even 15 minutes later a raging Jughead and FP comes into the bar. "Jughead" I call him over and FP nods at him then at me before Jughead comes over.

"What happened?" Fangs asks. "Hiram tried to shut me up, the article I'm writing, he wants me to keep his name out of it so he doesn't risk exposure" Jughead grumbles.

"Does Veronica know this?" I ask. "She was there, Maia! She was there for the whole thing" Jughead snaps and Fangs' arm tightens around my waist as I sit on his lap.

"Why would she do this?" I ask confused. "I don't know" Jughead mumbles angrily.

Oh Veronica, what's going on.

"Jughead, a word?" I ask and he nods before I stand up. "What's up?" He asks with an exhausted sigh.

"Have you talked to Betty?" I ask. "Yeah, why?" He asks confused.

"You need to talk to her again, Jug. Please" I tell him. "Why? Is something wrong?" Jughead asks worried.

"Just—please talk to her tomorrow. Okay?" I tell him and he nods. "Good" I say and breathe out in relief. Her reaction still shakes me.

Maybe Jughead can find out what's happening with Betty, maybe he can help her.

A/N: Hope you liked it!! Vote if you did! Feel free to comment! And go follow meeee

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro