6 | Milkshake & Secrets

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Betty and Veronica filled me in on everything Archie and the bulldogs had done and what was going on.

But, of course not before asking about my bruised face. I told them I had tripped badly when I was on my way to my car. They bought it but, Archie didn't.

That's why he pulled me away from the others when he got the chance. "Maia, were you attacked by the Black Hood?" Archie asked me all serious.

Even Reggie Mantle walked up to him and crossed his arms looking down at my bruised body. They could only see my face of course.

"No. I wasn't" I say and shake my head at them.

"If you're afraid to—""—I'm not afraid Archie. So, don't give me that speech. If I knew anything about The Black Hood, I would personally hand him over to you, only to see you kick his ass back to wherever the son of a bitch, came from!" I hissed and Reggie's eyes widened.

"We're all at risk in this. I want him gone just as much as you do. But I don't go around and make speeches and terrible red masks" I snap and push past Archie and Reggie.

"She is hot" Reggie said and I heard him.

After school I decided to text Jughead, he's always up for some chaotic fun.

Maia: Hey Jug. Wanna meet at pops?

"Maia?" Kevin's voice said and I turned around. "Kevin, hi!" I say and force a smile upon my face.

"Listen, I know you are involved in something—your face speaks for itself. It also means that if it's a bad thing you're involved with and it catches The Black Hood's attention, then he could go after you" He says with a sweet worried face. That made me smile and I nodded.

"I'm fine, I really am. I'm coming up with a backup plan. And if The Black Hood tries anything, I'll call you for backup and then you can get the honours of saving my sorry ass. Deal?" I say and chuckle.

"Deal" Kevin says and laughs while shaking his head at me. "Good, now I have to go. But I'll catch you later" I say and Kevin nods with a smile and I nod before going towards my car.

There was still blood on the door handle that I hadn't gotten rid off. I curse and get in before driving away. I drive to the woods first and lean against my car and take a moment to relax.

I hear the sound of motorcycles and I see three coming my way. I see Toni being one of them and I wave at her and she waves back. That made Sweat Pea turn around to scoff at me and I raised an eyebrow. The third was Fangs, I can recognise him. He's still hot—but he's mad.

"Sweet Pea. What is that name? Did his parents hate him?" I insult him even though he couldn't hear. He's an ass!

After staying there for about 30 minutes Archie calls me. "Archie, I'm fine" I say and run a hand over my face.

"Are you sure? If there's something you want to tell us but are afraid to—then you can come to me" Archie says and I roll my eyes.

"Archie?"

"Yes?"

"Don't call me about this anymore" I say and hang up.

"Juggy, you're a pain in the ass" I say as he still hasn't answered my text. I get in my car again and drive to pops.

I get inside and smile at pop and find a booth before sitting down and take my jacket off. I realise my bruised shoulder and I put it on again.

After I ordered, the bell goes off and Jughead comes in and as he sees me, he walks over. "Dude! Check your goddamn phone" I scold him and he smiles innocently.

"Sorry. I was busy" he says and I roll my eyes

"Of course you were" I say sarcastically and Jughead fake gasps.

"Don't sass me, Anderson!" He scolds and I glare at him.

"Can I ask you about something?" I ask him.

"Sure" He says and orders what he wants and then turns to me again.

"What do you think about these Serpents?" I ask. It would be fun to know what he thinks

Jughead is that type of guy who somehow always ends up in the middle. Not literally, but with his opinion.

"Well, I think they're good people with bad reputations" Jughead says and looks at me anxiously.

"What do you know about them?" I ask and lean forward interested.

"I know they're walking around with Serpent Jackets, they're always sticking up for each other and they know how to stand for their case" Jughead says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Are you—are you related to a Serpent or something?" I ask and narrow my eyes.

"Actually, my dad is the leader of the Serpents. But He's in jail now" Jughead says and looks down at the last sentence.

"Wow. That's huge, then why aren't you a Serpent too?" I ask confused. "And I'm sorry about your dad" I say and give him a small comforting smile.

"I had a choice and I chose not to be a Serpent" Jughead says and I nod. "Do you want to be?" I ask carefully with my words.

"No, not really" Jughead says and shakes his head before laughing a bit.

"Good, cause I don't think a snake on your back is a lady catcher" I joke and we laugh.

We get our food and we eat, while we do that, I tell him a bit more about my private life, I trusted everyone in the group, and I cared about them all. But, I just got off better with Jughead, Veronica and Betty is great! And I'm thankful that they helped me when I started, but sometimes. It's too much girl time for me.

"So, you stole a traffic sign and threw it onto a car?" Jughead says and I nod and he laughs at what I told him.

"I stole a shopping cart too—I left it in the school hall, though" I tell him and he laughs before shaking his head at me.

"Did you get arrested?" Jughead asks still laughing a bit.

"Nope, it was close one time—but I got away first" I say and wink.

"You are odd, Maia. You really are" Jug says and I smile goofily.

"I'll take that as a compliment" I say and narrow my eyes.

"Oh—it certainly is" Jug says with an unconvincing nod and smile.

I throw a French fry at him and he laughs at me. "Not funny!" I scold him and take a sip of my milkshake.

A/N: Jughead and Maia?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro