Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I looked over Pietros shoulder as he pointed at the screen. I narrowed my eyes, feeling the shiver of anger run up my arms as I clasped my fingers behind my back.

"What the... These circus monkeys call themselves that?" Pietro snickered, clicking on another article. I snapped my head right, glaring at the front-desk lady who was approaching, a smile on her face and couple of books in her hands, the moment her shy eyes met mine, she turned around on the balls of her feet and scurried off. Not giving us another glance.

My furious gaze landed on the screen.

Those Avengers seemed to be rather well known, and I loathed them.
I didn't turn my eyes once from the screen as he found out more about them individually.

The more we got to know about them, the more intimidated I felt. The articles all defined them differently. Some said they were the Earth's Mightiest Heroes, others said they were the biggest mistake government had ever allowed.

I noted the abilities mentioned, I needed a good plan if I really wanted to get rid of them.

Captain America was my first target. He was the one who coaxed Soldat. I narrowed my eyes, glaring at the picture of the man in blue, red and white suit. I scoffed at his choice of weapon. A shield, really?

I needed to find that man, and by finding him, he would lead me to Soldat.

Pietro clicked on another picture and I froze, staring at it. “Is that her?” Pietro asked dumbfounded, his wide blue eyes flickering up at me. “that's her.” I didn't turn my gaze from the woman. “Hey, look at that, we have the same last name. She's Wanda Maximoff, I'm Pietro Maximoff, what a coincidence.” the speedster chuckled quietly, looking at the brown haired woman on the picture known as Scarlet Witch. He flinched, massaging his temples as he muttered something about how awful and mean migraines were.

I could feel quiet steps coming closer, they stopped and almost tiptoed towards us. I sighed, getting already annoyed by the woman.
She cleared her throat to get out attention, Pietro jumped slightly, turning towards the woman,looking at her questioningly. “Sirs, we, uh, we are closing.” She said nervously, her shoulders relaxing the moment Pietro offered her one of his friendly smiles.

I didn't even look at her.

“of course, sorry, we wanted no trouble. We'll be on our way.” The white haired man said, standing up, making me take a step back from the computer. The woman's shoulders relaxed, an easy smile playing on her lips.

We left the library, to my surpsie the sun had dissappeared. “holy...” I nearly ran into Pietros back as he stopped suddenly. “What” I snapped at him, feeling annoyed at Pietro. Until I saw what he did, the enormous building couple of blocks away.

“You know, I would usually be surprised because you are vocalising your thoughts, but I'm too amazed right now. Give me a second.” he said breathlessly, that's where the Avengers stayed at.

That was one hell of a building to break into, probably had security system top notch.

I could feel my breathing getting uneven suddenly, I did not understand that. Confusion and slight panic coursed thought my veins as I realized I was unable to move my limbs. “that's one-- hey, you alright? You don't look so good, mate.” Pietro muttered, firnwing down at me.

Someone ran past me, pushing me slightly. It made me lose my balance, but Pietro grabbed my shoulder, keeping me upright. “Alright, I take that as a no.”

I groaned when Pietro threw me over his shoulder, only to help me sit down in a dark alley way. “oh god, I'm sorry! What is that? Are you sick? Do you have diabetes? No, you're too.. Anyways, what do you need? Medicine? Uh, cola? Fuck, dude you don't look so good. I'll, I have to find you a place to rest, but I can't leave you here. Now I know the struggles of a single parent.” Pietro mumbled, gripping his hair in panic.

Air whistled through my pointed teeth as I tried to curl my hands into fists to stop the shaking. Sweat covered my forehead as every muscle in my body tensed. “I'll be... I'll be fine.” I gritted through my teeth, I wanted to be alone.

I didn't want him to witness one of those episodes.

The last person who had, was Soldat. And he was gone.

“No, dude I-” I snapped my eyes open, glaring at him “go, Pietro.” I growled at him.

He looked down at me, quilt swimming heavily in his blue eyes. “I'll be back in a... Minute max, please just... Hang on there alright? And don't go anywhere.” he ruffled my hair, as I went to swat his hand away, he was already gone.

I groaned in pain, falling to my side as I gripped the front of my shirt. Pain rippled through my chest, making me see red and black as my head throbbed.

I felt sick, and before I knew it, I was throwing up everything I had eaten earlier.

Pain pulsed in my veins and I had no control over my body as my hands were twitching uncontrollably, as well as my legs. I breathed heavily, feeling helpless as I was stuck in my own mind. The scariest part was, I could not protect myself in a state like this.

Suddenly a mass of dark, soft fur laid down next to me.

I panicked, trying to see what it was, but to no vail. It was on my face suddenly, I could hear it sniffing my hair.

It was some kind of animal. I bared my teeth, flashing him my yellow, angry eyes. The animal however, placed his large dark paw on my stomach and laid his big head on my shaking chest.

It wasn't attacking me, so far so good.

I wheezed, glancing up at the dark sky. I could feel the vibration of walking people, cars, bikes. It was awful.

My throat was closing up, but when I opened my eyes, I was met with large, dark eyes of the animal who had so easily decided to lay on top of me. It's brown eyes were staring down at my face, there was no trace of anger, annoyance or anything threatening in those eyes. They were calm, warm and awfully friendly.

I had never seen a creature like this. But considering a friendly being as this was left in a dark, smelly horrible alley way, I became to hate people even more.

I did glance at his sharp claws that were on my stomach.

I didn't even realize I was finally breathing normal again. I dropped my head onto cold ground, sighing in relief. My chest was still in pain, but it didn't hurt as much. My muscles were sore, but the warm, furry body next to mine eased it a little.

I looked at the gigantic animal laying half on top of me still staring at me expectedly. “what the hell are you.” I asked him quietly, my throat throbbing. I could hear the thumping of his big tail as it hit the cement ground repeatedly after hearing me speak.

The animal had white snout, brown cheeks and rest of his body was covered in black. But the most interesting feature were the large, gentle brown eyes.

It laid its head next to my throat, licking it. I scrunched my nose, pushing him away. “annoying animal, stop it.” I hissed at him, making him wag his tail even more.

“that's great, I leave for a couple of minutes and when I come back you have decided to snuggle up to this huge dog. Thank mate, seriously, thanks. I thought I was your only best friend!” Pietro whined, appearing out of nowhere. “but that dog is awesome.” Pietro said, kneeling next to... To a dog.

“I found us a place to stay. Kinda like the last one. Come on, dude, we need to get you in a warm bed.” Pietro hooked his hand under my head, helping me to sit up. I nodded, feeling slightly nauseous. “is that... What dogs look like?” I asked him as he helped me to sit, the huge animal licked my fingers, wagging his tail.

“you've never seen a dog before?” Pietro asked me in disbelief, helping  me on my feet. I swayed, biting my tongue to keep from hissing as another shot of pain ran through my chest. I didn't answer as we left the alley way. When I turned to look back, to call the gentle animal away from a place like this, he was already gone.

“Pietro?” he looked down at me, his eyes filled with concern. “What?” he asked, his eyes tarting behind us, frowning when he too couldn't see the dog.

“call me Atlas.”

A/N

I know most people don't care. But this chapter is dedicated to this huge, overly friendly and amazing Bella the Bernese up on these pictures.

She's my best friend. And she is very, very sick at the moment.

And I have a feeling she won't be getting better, no matter the amount of medicine.

Back to the story, it was nothing interesting, I know.

But it will get better. I hope.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro