Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You are stuck here with me and now you're going to talk." Pietro said, and there was no room to argue.

I sighed, sinking more into the dusty smelling mattress. For a small moment there was silence and darkness.

Until Pietro decided that two seconds was too long and he pulled the dark crimson covers off. "Stop being annoying." I mumbled, coughing at the sore throat. Silently hoping that he would think it hurts too much to speak and he'd drop it.

"Ha, stop playing dead. Get up, I ordered you some tea, it should be up here soon. Until then, you're going to talk you Picklehead.” he flicked my forehead and I growled at him, only to earn a slap at the back of my head. I lazily swiped my claws at him, of course, I didn't even get close to getting drop of his blood.

I snapped my eyes open when's something soft hit me suddenly.
“stop being annoying.” I stared up at him wide eyed. Amazed by the stunt he had pulled just mere seconds ago.

Pietro had hit me with a pillow.

A pillow.

I jumped off the warm, comfortable dusty smelling bed, hands stretched out as I ran after Pietro. The moon haired man sped away from me, his roaring laughter making me grit my teeth. “your face! That's priceless, just golden!” I jumped on his bed, throwing myself on the bed I had seconds ago been in. Only to have a Pietro run to the door from under my sharp talons, clutching his stomach from laughter.

It went on like that, me being millimeters away from drawing his blood, only to have him run to the other side of the room, a smug grin plastered on his pale face. Almost as if mocking me, silently saying you're too slow.

We both froze at the knock on the door. I looked up, as the lamp covered with spiderwebs slowly swinged over our heads, making the dust that has been on it for ages gently fall on us. “room service, sir, your order is here!” a high pitched female voice announced, making me flinch internally at her volume of voice.

Pietro relaxed and opened the door just a little, keeping me out of her sigh. They whispered, Pietro saying that his brother is still sleeping, so he'd just take the food and let her go have some time off as he put it nicely. With good persistence the woman agreed to leave us alone, bidding Pietro good night.

Some time later, Pietro and I sat opposite of each other. I was not sure what to do, so I simply drank the steaming drink. “How long were you in Hydra?” he asked suddenly.

“For as long as I can remember.” he tapped the side of his head, his blue eyes flickering at my hair. I frowned. “So they have swept your memories as well, I take that the small scarred dots that circle your head, are made by whatever machine they used. But... I've got none, at least, I think mine are healing. Which means, you have been there longer. Which means I had a life before that.” Pietro was thoughtful, his eyes staring intensively at the side of my head, probably the small dots that were covered by my dark hair, outgrown dark hair.

“holy shit... We need to know just how long you've been there. Dude, you can't be more then 17, imagine if you have parents somewhere, probably searching for you.”

I could have parents?

Me?

I shook my head, taking another sip of my drink, letting it burn my tongue. “no.” I growled into the cup. “Experiments have no relatives.” I said the sentence that had been said to me, at least, I think it has been. “you don't know that. And why do you suddenly say your name is Atlas?” I shrugged, having learned it from Pietro when he didn't know what to say. “It just feels like it.” I answered him, simply forgetting to mention Loki, something told me the man preferred it that way.

“okay, Atlas it is. Doesn't it frustrate you? We're both HYDRAs runaways, neither of us know anything of our past and-- hey, are you okay?” I felt his strong arm on my shoulder as I doubled over, heaving.

“I don't feel so good.”

I pushed his hand off forcefully, running to the bathroom that luckily was only couple of meters away from us.

I gagged over the toilet, but nothing came out. I flinched, the sound of Pietros footsteps almost deafening to my sensitive ears. I slid on the floor, gripping the toilet seat with my shaking arms. I noticed my claws had retracted, digging into the solid material it had been made of, leaving ten little holes in it.

My breathing was irregular as Pietro offered me a glass of water. “Here, rinse.” he said quietly, he had probably figured it out that I wasn't that big fan of loud sounds.

Later in the evening when I had crawled under the covers, my eyelids heavy with dust of sleep. I could find no peace, solitude or bone-chilling tirednss that could lull me into sleep full of needles and electricity.

Instead of sleeping, I listened to Pietros heavy, slow breaths as he slept peacefully and watched the twinkling stars that were hiding behind the lights of street lamps.

My jaw hurt, my eyes hurt, my body hurt and everything was just painfully loud. I pushed the covers off, they were suffocating me. My throat was dry and I closed my eyes, to dull out the pain in the back of my skull.

Skull

Red skull.

Mister. I'm not sure you're supposed to tie it that hard.” I whined, the sound oddly innocent to my ears. “quiet, you stupid child. Make no sound and you will be getting no punishment.” I wiggled in the chair, panic arising as I watched the man putting on gloves, something sharp in his other hand. “p-punishment f-f-from who, Mister?” my voice was pathetically small, even for my own ears. The man turned to me, his eyes looking larger behind goggles. “punishment from the red skull, son. Now stay still. It will only hurt a little.”

I snapped my eyes open, gasping for air as my brain was throbbing, pain making my vision hazy.

A blast shook the room, dust and pieces of ceiling falling on the ground.
Pietro was up at once, his blue eyes frantically looking around us.
He tossed the covers off, his hair a mess and eyes wide, he peeked from behind the curtains, I tried to look over his shoulder.

“oh shit, these Avengers are playing their stupid games again.” The man mumbled, pulling the curtains over the window. There were some kind of agents, dark clothing and carrying heavy weapons. And the blast? It had been probably made by the infamous Tony Stark.

And we? We were just in the middle of their battle ground.

“we have to get away from here, fucklets, shite, ah darn it! I was just having a good sleep.” he mumbled, pushing the creaky door open.

I followed him, expanding my senses as I made sure their small battle hadn't reached the inside of the motel just yet. It was only matter of time. The loser side would start looking places to hide.

I could sense it before it reached us, a bullet that twirled through the air. I pulled Pietro aside, making him let out noise of surprise as he hit the wall with his face, a bullet hole just where he had been standing a second ago. “You little fu-- oh shit.” Pietro jumped aside as another bullet was fired.

I growled at the man, flashing him my yellow eyes.

Only to froze at the logo on his dark clothed chest. Hydras logo.

He aimed at Pietro, but before the agent could fire the gun, I bounced on him.

It was clean, fast death I assured myself. The man's throat was sliced open, blood pouring from the veins as it dripped down my claws.

Speedster cursed, grabbing my wrist he pulled me away from the dead Hydra agent.

I had killed an agent, one of Hydras.

I had killed one of my own.

We stumbled down another hallway, and suddenly someone flew into the wall couple doors down from us, the person who threw him was unable to see us, as we were unable to see them.

It was another one of Hydras. The man looked to his right, seeing us and Pietro who was awfully close.

Close enought to get shot.

The man rised his gun, even thought he himself was severely injured and bleeding, he had to finish his job.

It all happened so fast, I was pushing Pietro aside as soon as I sensed what was about to happen. A shot rang, and a snap of bones.
Pietro had sped past the dying agent, snapping his neck.

And me?

I was standing like a fool in the middle of the hallway, a bullet hole in my side.
I watched as the blood poured out, pushing my shaking hands on the wound.

I looked up, priefly seeing the same girl I had met in a diner, Wanda, staring at me wide-eyed and mouth agape.

It all happened within a millisecond.

And the next moment I was gone, gone in the darkness framed with blue hue and cursing of Pietro.

And there was finally silence.

So. I got a message from mom yesterday. It was short, and simple. There's no Bella anymore.

Talking about that, I don't know, I think I won't be updating Final Experiment that regularly anymore (I mean not after every 2 days, maybe a chapter per week or something, will see when I have time) School just started and I'm a mess. Second year in boarding school and it's stressful.
Of course, I will keep updating, I don't want to disappoint you guys, after all, you are all my biggest motivators. If it weren't for you, I never would've even wrote it that far.

What I mean, is that instead of 2 days it's gonna take 4 to update. Maybe.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter.

Love you x

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro