Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The cage was dark, only one light shone above us. I smiled, feeling excitement bubbling in my chest as I curled my toes agains the cold, red mat. I cracked my fingers, waiting for him to come, waiting him to attack. Tingling on my right made me duck, as his metal arm swiped obove me. It left my left side free, and he realized it faster then I did, punching me in my ribs. I flew agains the wall, stumbling up as fast as I could.

The excitement was replaced by anger, the man who at that time, looked like a giant, slowly waited for me to get back in the ring.

The session ended with my broken ribs and black eye, but I had learned more then I ever could from someone else. That's why I smiled up at the man with cold blue eyes. I could taste the blood on my teeth and lips, but my eyes shone with admiration as the assassin pulled me up gently, making sure I wouldn't fall again.

"thank you for teaching me, Mister Winter, Bucky, sir!" I chirped, following the man out of the cage down the corridors and towards the agents waiting for us. "quiet, don't speak out here маленький дракончик." he whispered, his lips barely moving. He was holding his calloused hand on my shoulder as he made sure to stay between me and the agents.

"but you did very well дракончик, I'm proud of you."

I jumped up, snarling at the person who had suddenly entered the lab with loud heavy footsteps, making me wake up from my slumber.

"Bruce? Bruce, care to explain why is there a gigantic reptile I've been doing research of, cuddling in my lab with... Pietro Maximoff? Since when are... What?" the man looked at us startled, adjusting the dark rimmed glasses as he boldly walked over to Bruce who swiped the side of his mouth with his sleeve, trying to get rid of the dribble there. Bruce blinked his sleep filled eyes, cracking his back as he stretched a little. He had fallen asleep in his chair, now blinking in slight confusion as he watched Tony Stark shuffle with his papers.

"oh wow, Tony, you've risen from your Malibu grave. Thank you for visiting the living once in a while." Banner muttered, his bitter tone making me wonder what was going on between the two. "Stop your PMSing Green Bean, Pep took me there by force, I swear, that woman has the grip of a Frost Giant if not Bruce Wayne... Besides, she would have bought that damn wedding here if I hadn't gone there. Don't tell her, but his brother is a pus--" "minor behind you." Stark turned around on the balls of his feet, my nose almost touching his forehead as I breathed hot air on his face, making him take a step back. "yep, I think someone needs to buy him a toothbrush, FRI? Order one, you know what, order two. This one seems to have quite some teeth..."

"Done, sir." a female voice answered, making me look at the ceiling doubtfully. "don't fret, Toothless, that's my Al. And Pietro? Can someone wake him or is he going to sleep and drool all over my lab floor?" I peeked under my wing, making a loud thump with my tail, nearly crushing his head.

The loud boom made him sit up and hide behind my leg. "what a man Pietro." Stark said, humour in his voice as he did something I could hardly understand. There was some kind of see throught computer screen before him.

Pietro stepped out, clearing his throat as his pale face went redder in embarrassment. "uh, I, what?"

"Glad to see you're alive, so, what happened?" Tony asked, nursing his cup of black coloured drink. "who even are you?" that made Tony spit his drink back into the cup, looking up at Pietro with wide brown eyes.

"he's having... Memory problems, dont get a heart attack now because someone doesn't know your name." Bruce said. "oy, doctor I-know-all, watch it. My memory is fine."

"then how come you don't remember any of us?"

That made The Speedster go quiet, glaring at the floor. I let out a small grumble, it vibrated throught my chest as I pumped his side with my nose. "yeah I'm fine dude."

"alright, can someone like, change him back? Because I don't speak abracadabra."

After giving me clothes and helping me change back, Pietro didn't say anything anymore. Stark however, seemed to be rather annoying. He wasn't a bad person, just very curious. I found myself being annoyed by all the questions he fired at me, even thought I kept my silence, he then turned to Pietro to translate my answers. Because apparently, Pietro speaks mute. Whatever that is.

A loud growl from my stomach made the tree snap their heads up. I flinched, trying to shake off the pinching in my stomach. "when was the last time someone fed the Dino?" Tony asked, glancing between the two.

"uh..." Tony snorted "I've been away for two days--" "three actually." Bruce piped in. "no, two."

"no Tony, three, you were passed out from all the skotch the second day. You didn't even make it to the wedding."

"at least I don't starve kids, Big Green."

"you've had your fair share of how-to-raise-a-kid experience with Parker."

Pietro tugged the sleeve of my sweatshirt, pointing at the doors. I followed him out. "alright, I'm pretty sure those two are married. If not, then one is married to his skotch and The other to his science papers. Really, how boring is that." he said chuckling, yet I could see sadness in his blue eyes. The ice was breaking in his happy orbs.

I stopped, making him halt as well. He peeked over his shoulder. "it's fine, dude." he shrugged me off, making me feel hurt for his actions.

I silently followed him town the familiar corridors, ending up in the large and overly bright livingroom.

Wanda was propped on the far side of the couch as I was now the one who stood awkwardly near the further wall, trying to come up with something to do.

Apparently, these people didn't seem to be as bossy as Hydra was.
I eyed Pietro who was making some kind of food to himself. I really need to learn those names.

It's cereal, Atlas. At least that's what they call it in midgard. Lokis smooth voice was present in my mind again. I felt out of place, knowing he could detect every little thing I didn't know. And that was kind of shameful, really.

Right, cereal. I answered him back, trying to keep my unsure emotions to myself. But it was like trying to turn sun into moon. Impossible for someone with powers like his.

Don't worry your mortal mind. Humans shall not hear of our silent conversations, and who am I to judge? Monsters don't judge other monsters, Atlas. Yes, you are a creature of dark, own it. The faster you accept yourself, the faster you'll realise how strong you are.

"Pietro, can we... Talk?" I snapped my eyes up, staring at the girl whose eyes were resting on crouched male form. Pietro was currently stuffing his mouth with cereal, staring outside with narrowed eyes. His bites were forceful, his shoulder tense as he munched on his food as if it was his enemy. "you are talking." he said emotionlessly.

Loki, why is everyone here so complicated?

I found myself actually enjoying the conversations with the God of Mischief. It was good to let someone into my mind, for someone to hear me. They are humans, they ought to be complicated creatures. Their minds are very one sided, don't you think? Don't you feel? It's rather humours, really, they think you hardly understand what they're thinking, yet, you know their feelings setter then they know it themselves. The God of Mischief mused thoughtfully. I didn't answer, and neither did he.

"no, I mean like, somewhere private. Please." Wanda said, her voice pleading. "no." was his short and plain answer. "You're my brother, I wish to explain you what happened." the Speedster snorted, not even giving Bucky another glance as the brooding man stepped in the living room, his icy eyes meeting with my yellow.

"yeah, sure. You should've thought about that earlier sestra when you tried to kill my friend." I could feel Wandas annoyance and hatred towards me grow, but she didn't even look at me. "Please." the white haired man sighed. "keep up then." he growled and disappeared in a flash of blue, leaving the spoon spinning on the milk and cereal covered table. "I always hated when he did that." Wanda muttered, leaving the room the corners of her lips turned upwards.

I was aware of Bucky glancing around cluelessly. "I think we should talk too." he said quietly, and I found myself rather curious as to what he was going to say. Therefor I followed him towards the large couches, taking a seat on the other end of the sofa.

We sat in silence, and somehow, I didn't mind it. I studied his face, his eyes were cloudy and his hands in fists. His metal arm wasn't bothering me, in fact, it looked familiar.

I perked up at the clipping sound, as if someone's claws touched the hard floor. Alert, I watched as a furry body jogged from the hallway, heading towards us. I furrowed my brows, relaxing slightly at the enormous, happy emotions the creature was giving off. Its tongue was lolling out from the side of its mouth as it headed straight towards me.

It wasn't dangerous, it didn't have any intentions to harm me or Bucky, it's mind was too... Light, too pure. Its golden tail wagged as he sat down next to me, placing its law on my knee and breathing up at me.

The thing had one eye.

I peeked towards Bucky, he was rather amused. I was glad the wrinkles of sadness were replaced with small smile.

My muscles tensed as the one eyed creature locked my balled fists.

"Lucky! Lucky you bloody dog! Stop running away, you know Tony is gonna make you some-- oh, hey guys! What's up?" Clint came barrelling into the room, his frown turning into gentle smile as he glanced at us.

Lucky, they named the creature with one eye Lucky.

And did Clint call it a bloody dog? It doesn't seem blood to me, but I found myself rather enjoying the creatures happy demeanour. The golden coloured dog gave my fingers another lick as Clint pulled him away from the collar, I narrowed my eyes at the thing.

"Sorry kid, I gotta take Lucky back, but I'll bring him around again. Might help with all the fitting-in thing Banner was mumbling about. Dogs are rather therapeutic creatures." the assassin said, scarcthing the dog between its fluffy ears, I watched as the dog leaned against the man's touch, closing his one, dark eye in bliss.

Bucky nodded, and I, just stayed silent, staring at he golden coloured dog in wonder.

I want one.

"alright, I'll leave you two in your awkward silence. That sounded so fun by the way, so, good luck. The wall is pretty interesting thing to stare at. See you guys tomorrow!" with that the two jogged out, leaving me and the Winter Soldier facing each other in silence.

A/N

Sorry, I wanted to update already yesterday. But my birthday party went a little out of hands... And I'm never drinking another drop of alcohol ever again. Really, like, never.

Today, 27th October I'm officially 18 guys. I'm so old.

SO, since it's my bday today and all, I was wondering do peole care if I did face reveal thingy in next chapter? If not, it's okay. I know, authors are never as interesting as the books they write.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, love you all!! Xx

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro