47. A new journey together

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next morning,

Streching his arms and body, Laksh came out of his room. It was 7:30 already but still it's too early for Mr. Laksh Maheshwari. Still, what to do? it's his brother's wedding. So, he chosen to sacrifice his half an hour more sleep for him and waking up to his third alarm finally. Then only he sees Arav opening the door and coming out of his room yawning.

"Good morning Lucky, you're up?" Arav asked raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I am half an hour before my time but what about you? Another horror movie night?" Laksh asked.

"Not really. You can say romantic movie night." Arav said shrugging his shoulder.

Laksh raised his eyebrows at him.

"Oh really? Before marriage itself? Aren't you and Riya getting too fast?" Laksh asked.

"Shut up!! We just watched movie together. Don't drag your mind too much. And.... Wait... This remind me something. Where is Sanskar? Isn't he up yet?" Arav asked.

"He must be awake. Till now... (Suddenly realised something) ohh no!!! Ragini told me to open the door in morning itself and I was still sleeping. That means...." Laksh widen his eyes.

"That means they are still inside."Arav and Laksh said together.

They hurriedly go to Sanskar's room only to get their doubt confirmed as Sanskar's room was latch locked from outside.

"Oh shit!! Bhai is gonna kill me." Laksh murmured.

Saying this, Laksh was about to unlatch the door and open it but Arav stopped him.

"Are you stupid? What are you doing? You will directly barge inside his room?" Arav asked.

"So what?" Laksh asked confusingly.

"So what? Really? Sanskar is not alone inside. Bhabhijaan is also there. They are inside together, Laksh. Remember? And you will just barge inside. Have some respect for their privacy yaar." Arav said.

Laksh realised it.

"Yeah, you are right. But.. we have to wake them up before anyone come. Although it's weird because bhai never slept for so long." Laksh said confusingly.

"Did your brother got married before?" Arav asked sarcastically.

"What? No!!" Laksh said giving him weird look.

"Then? Come on buddy, they met each other after so many days and they must be talking to each other, spending time with each other and who knows they must have slept late. May be that's why he isn't up yet." Arav said.

"Yeah, right. But we have to wake them up before everyone start searching for them." Laksh said.

"Hmm." Arav said.

Then Arav knocked on the door slowly.

"Sanskar.... Bhabhijaan, it's your wedding day. Are you both planning to skip the day by sleeping." Arav said.

Both knocked on the door several times but didn't got any reply.

"Seems like, they are in deep sleep." Arav said with chuckle.

Laksh chuckled too.

"Bhai, bhabhijaan, please leave something for after wedding too. Please wake up." Laksh said chuckling to himself.

"You wait, I will come with my phone and give ring on Sanskar's phone. May it work." Arav said and he was about to go when Laksh sees something and stopped him with wide open eyes.

Arav looked at him confusingly. Then he also followed his gaze only to see Sujatha and Annapurna were coming toward Sanskar's room only with a dress bag in their hand. Laksh and Arav looked at each other and gave what to do look.

"Arey, Arav and Laksh. You both are awake?" Annapurna said with smile as she come to them along with Sujatha.

Arav and Laksh gave tight smile to them and Laksh said.

"Good morning mom, good morning Chachi, such a beautiful morning. Isn't it?" Laksh said with nervous smile.

"Hmm, it's good to see you both are already up. Anyways, you both go and get ready fast. The haldi function will start in sometime." Annapurna said.

"Yeah ok Aunty." Arav said nodding at her but didn't move even a inch from his place.

"What okay? Then go and get ready na?" Sujatha said.

"Ye.. yeah, we were just going." Laksh said and gave a look to Arav who also nodded.

"Yeah hurry up. And I will also give these clothes to Sanskar. He will get ready." Sujatha said and took a step ahead toward the door but before that...

"No!!!!!" Laksh and Arav immediately came in front of her blocking her way.

"What?" Sujatha asked being confused.

"What no?" Sujatha asked looking at them.

"No Aunty, you can't go inside!!" Arav said hurriedly.

"Arav, what is it beta? Why can't we go inside?" Annapurna asked being confused.

"Be... because.... because, Sanskar is inside." Laksh gave a stupid reply.

"It's his room. Then oviously he will be inside. Whats wrong Laksh? Move away, let us go inside." Sujatha said.

"Noooooo!!!" They again said together.

Sujatha and Annapurna looked at them weirdly as if they have gone mad.

"Have you gone mad? Why are you stopping us to go inside?"

"Because Sanskar is sleeping Aunty. And... He will be disturbed na. That's why. You give this dress to us. We will give him when he will wake up. Right Laksh?"

"Sanskar is early riser. He is not kumbhkaran like you, Laksh. Move..." Annapurna said.

"Yeah, yes you are right Maa but ac.. actually bhai was awake for so long last night and he slept late. So, he is tired and sleeping now." Laksh said.

Arav pinched Laksh on his arm and have him a look to think before blabbering anything. Laksh nodded.

"What? He was awake till late? I told him to sleep early. What he was doing so late?" Sujatha asked.

"He was... watching a movie." Arav said giving him best possible smile.

"Movie? Seriously!! Today is his marriage and he is still sleeping. I told na jiji... Firstly he came too late for his own wedding and now this... Move away, I will see him." Sujatha said.

"Yes chachi ji, you see him when he willl wake up. Okay." Laksh said.

"Arey, let me wake him up. It's getting time to start rituals." Sujatha said.

"No Aunty, you can't go. Please try to understand na." Arav said not moving a bit from their place.

"Arav, Laksh, you both have gone mad or what? Let us go and wake him up. After haldi, marriage rituals will also start. We have so much other works." Annapurna said.

"Yeah,.. yeah, so you do your work na. We will wake up Sanskar, right Laksh." Arav said.

"You both are already behaving so weird. I can't trust you right now. Anyways, move aside." Sujatha said and she tried to move them away although they weren't buzzing from their place. But Sujatha saw the door was locked from out.

"Why his door is locked? Laksh, did you again planned any prank on him?" Annapurna asked glaring at him.

"Hmm, now I also doubt why you are not letting us go. You are locking him inside? Unbelievable Laksh and Arav!! You both are still kids!! Move away!!"Sujatha said and tried to move them away but Laksh and Arav repeatedly denied and stick to the door giving each other a determined look that they can't let the ladies go inside only to make the situation embarrassing for Sanskar and Swara both.

"Maa, Chachi ji, you can't go inside. If you want to go then you have to go above out dead bodies." Laksh said out of nowhere.

"Have you lost your mind? What are you even talking, Laksh?" Annapurna said.

"He is right. You have walk over our dead bodies to go behind this door." Arav also said.

Sujatha and Annapurna shook their head at two dramatic idiots. They are seriously so irritating sometimes.

"I am not interested to kill anyone on my son's wedding day. But I will surely see you both after the wedding for this stupid drama you are doing right now!!" Sujatha said being irritated.

"Laksh, Arav!! Move away beta." Annapurna tried to say but still both are just adamant on their place shaking their head negatively.

The drama continued for couple of minutes more when they heard someone's voice.

"What's going on? Badi maa, mom?"

Everyone heard the confused voice and turned their faces sideway to see Sanskar standing couple of steps away from them. He was in his track pant and T-shirt and he was sweating. His headphones around his neck and face expression hold confusion looking at the scene in front of him. He was coming back to his after his jogging when he see Arav and Laksh sticking to his room door while Sujatha and Annapurna trying to move them away.

"Sanskar?" They said in unison.

Laksh and Arav looked at each other and then again looked at Sanskar blinking and rubbing their eyes As if confirming that he was actually there or they are hallucinating?

"What happened? What's going on here?" Sanskar asked confusingly as he came toward them.

"Sanskar? You are outside? Where were you?" Sujatha asked confusingly.

"Yeah, I went for jogging mom like I usually go every morning. But what happened? Is everything okay?" Sanskar asked with confused expression.

Laksh and Arav were relaxed but somewhat confused too. Then only they recieved a glare from Sujatha and Annapurna both to which they gave nervous smiles.

"I was looking for you and when we came to see you in your room, these two idiots are again up with another drama." Sujatha said.

"Yes, they weren't letting us go inside saying you are sleeping inside and you will be disturbed. These two still behave like five years old kid sometimes." Annapurna said.

Sanskar who was confused, now he got the idea what Laksh and Arav must be thinking and trying to do and why they were stopping them to go inside. Thinking this, a small smile spread on his lips which he tried to hide.

"Now, why are you smiling?" Sujatha asked raising her eyebrows.

Sanskar immediately composed himself and shook his head.

"Nothing mom. Leave it. You know na, how these two are. Let it be. You say, why you were looking for me?" Sanskar asked.

"Seriously Sanskar? Do I need to remind you it's your haldi in half an hour and then wedding." Sujatha said in unbelievable tone.

"Seems like you are also getting affected by these idiot's company. Anyways, we came to give you this dress. Get ready and come fast in lawn. We will start the function soon." Annapurna said with smile.

"Okay badi ma." Sanskar said with a small smile.

Annapurna handled him the dress bag and he took it.

"And you both? Are you both planning to stand here like this for whole day? Relax, we aren't going inside. But Don't you have to get ready?" Sujatha asked.

"No, I mean yes. We are going. Sanskar is here. Then we can also go. Right Laksh?" Arav said with tight smile.

"Yeah, bhai is here na. So no problem. You can go inside. No one is inside. All clear. Right bhai?" Laksh said and he opened the door wide with relieved look.

Sanskar shook his head at his brother and his best friend. They are really unique pieces in the world but most loving and caring.

Then only someone came there to call Annapurna and Sujatha.

"Ji we are coming. Come, Let's go Sujatha." Annapurna said.

Sujatha nodded and they went from there not before telling Sanskar to get ready fast and come, also eyeing Laksh and Arav.

As soon as Sujatha and Annapurna went from there, Sanskar went inside his room and Arav and Laksh followed him. Sanskar turned around to shut the door when he sees both were looking at him like he is an alien.

"What now?" Sanskar asked raising his eyebrows.

"Exactly Bhai, What, when and how!!!! Will you explain? We were trying to save you but you are two step ahead? I thought my brother is very innocent type and I have to save him but see, who is the fool here? ." Laksh said.

"We." Arav said giving sympathy look to themselves.

"I agree. You are so clear without any evidence of your secret meeting with bhabhijaan." Laksh said with fake crying face.

"Don't be so dramatic. Ragini opened the door as you were in your deep sleep." Sanskar said.

"Ragini is going to kill me." Laksh muttered under his breath.

Arav chuckled.

"Brace yourself for what's coming for you Lucky." Sanskar said and chuckled.

"Let's see, by the way I see thousand watt glow on your face this morning Bhai. And I am so delighted to see that." Laksh said teasingly.

"I agree with him." Arav said looking at him with mischievous grin.

"Arav, Lucky.." Sanskar gave them to stop it look. They just gave a small laugh and Laksh said.

"Wish to see you like this always Bhai." Laksh said and hugged him.

Sanskar smiled and also hugged him back. Arav hugged both of them. This was the day once felt like a dream or imagination which will never come true but now it's reality. They had a pleasant smiles on their faces.

"Now, go and get ready or you want another scolding from badi maa?" Sanskar said as they broke the hug.

"No way!! I am going." Arav said and immediately ran out of room.

"Me too. Otherwise Chachi ji will not leave me." Laksh said and he also went out telling Sanskar to get ready. He will come back within few minutes to help him to which Sanskar nodded.

Sanskar shut the door. He took out the yellow kurta and white pyjama from the dress bag. Looking at it, he knew the dress was once again paired with hers and it was her choice like always. And he loved it. A smile broke on his lips as her thoughts came in her mind and it drifted toward the morning. The most beautiful morning when he woke up holding her in his arm and saw her angelic face.

Flashback:
It was early morning. The sun was going to rise soon. The birds were heard chirping in silence of peaceful yet beautiful morning when he opened his eyes and the first thing his eyes captured was her beautiful face. Her hand was still resting on his chest. He was still holding her to himself. For that moment he sent thousands of silent prayers and thank you to God for sending this angel in his life. He was just lost in her when he saw her moving a bit in his arm nd snuggling into him a bit more. He smiled. Her eyebrows furrowed and slowly she blinked several times before opening her eyes slowly. That's when her eyes met his only to find him already looking at her. She would be lying if she will say she wasn't blushing. Her angelic face and then that tint of blush, wasn't it heaven itself? Ofcourse it was.

"What happened? What are you looking at?" She could merely ask in whisper.

"Just thinking if I will ever get enough of it as this is the most beautiful sight I have ever seen just after opening my eyes in morning." Sanskar whispered.

Hearing this, her lips broke into shy smile and she turned her face away from him leading him to chuckle. Then he leaned toward her face and kissed her temple. She closed her eyes feeling it and then opened her eyes to look at him.

"Good morning." He said with smile.

"Good morning." She whispered back with smile.

Then she looked toward the window. It was morning already. Everyone will wake up. Also, she need to be in her room before Shomi come to wake her up. Understanding her, Sanskar said he will call Laksh. He will open the door. Swara nodded at him.

Sanskar called Laksh a couple of times but he didn't take the call. So, he thought to call Arav but before that they heard the door opened and hear a soft knock. She ask the slowly are they awake. The door was latch locked from inside. Swara answered Ragini that she is coming. So Ragini waited for her outside.

Then she looked at Sanskar giving she has to go look . He gave her a soft smile and removed his hold from her waist. Then she slowly got up from the couch separating herself from him.

"Bye " she whispered and turned around to immediately rush toward the door but he held her hand.

She turned back to him confusingly as she had to go now.

"Sanskar, I have to..." She was about to say when he stopped her.

" Shhh..." He put his finger on her lips.

"Do you think I will let you go like this?" He said with glint of smile.

Swara was confused a bit but before she could ask anything she felt him removing his finger from her lips and moving it down till she felt sudden pull by her waist and she fell on his chest. Her heartbeat raised but She kept silent looking at him when he diverted his eyes from her and then bend down . She followed his gaze to look down only to see him holding her dupatta that was trailing on the floor right now. That's when she realised something and downs her eyes slowly. She squeezed her eyes and bite her lower lips not before muttering some scolding to herself that how she couldn't even realise it?

In hurry to rush out, she didn't even notice that her dupatta was no more covering her and it was now fallen to the floor that might have happened while sleeping. It's one end was tucked in her waist but another end was on trailing on the floor. He picked it up and then stood up looking at her. A soft smile appeared on his lips looking at her expression. Slowly, he put it around her shoulder. Her heart fluttered once again and she opened her eyes to see him. Without saying a word, he lifted his hand to her face and tucked her hair strands behind her ear that got messy a bit but it didn't make any difference to her beauty.

"Now, perfect." He said and gave her assuring nod through eyes to go.

Swara smiled at him and nodded thankfully. Then She turned around to go again but yet again she felt a soft pull on her hand. Before she could turn, she heard him.

" Just few more hours Ms. swara Gadodia and then you will be officially my wife." He said with smile.

His word held truthfulness, determination and happiness. She could hold that shy smile that appeared on her lips.

"I am waiting for it." She whispered looking down without looking back and he left her hand . She immediately rushed to the door and the next moment she was out of his room but not before looking back at him one last time.

He smiled wholeheartedly aand went to get fresh n up. He changed into track pant and t shirt and went for jogging.

Flashback ends.

Later,
In lawn,

Everyone has gathered in lawn. The function has started. Swara was wearing yellow saree with accesories of flowers. Sanskar was in yellow kurta. They were sitting together but there was a white cloth screen between them. Still, they managed to get glimpse of each other. Everyone applied haldi on them. Riya, Ragini, Laksh, Arav and Uttara almost filled them with extra haldi. But it was filled with fun, laughter and joy. Then the shower of rose petals and water in bride and groom.
After sometime, the function came to end and Swara was taken inside by ladies. Sanskar also went inside along with elders and Laksh and Arav accompanied him.

After few hours,

And finally the moment is coming very close. Sitting in front of dressing table in her heavy designer bridal lehenga, she tried to calm her nerves. She was continuously fidgeting her fingers. Her heartbeat was racing like she was running a marathon and breathe were so unsteady. Her face was glowing. Everything was done except for her veil that was lying on the bed. Everyone went outside letting her relax for sometime till pandit ji call her.

She was lost in her thoughts when she heard the door open. Still, she didn't look up. Her eyes were down to her lap.

"Hey Swara, it's time. Let's go. Your groom is waiting for you " Riya said in chirpy tone as she entered inside with Shomi and Ragini.

They smiled hearing this but Swara just gave a light smile. Shomi noticed it along with both of them.

"Hey, Swara what happened?" Ragini asked coming to her.

Swara shook her head.

"No.. nothing. I am fine." She said blinking several times.

But Shomi understood there is something. She came to her and sat beside her. Riya sit in front of her on her knees while Ragini sat on the stool.

"What happened Shona? Tell me." Shomi asked cuping her face and making her look at her.

"Maa." Swara looked at her and then blinks.

"Just relax and tell me." Shomi assured her.

Swara nodded and said.

"I.. I am feeling so weird Maa. Like.. I .. I don't know. I just can't explain. It's... it's like Everything will be change in my life na? Relationships? Priorities? I am suddenly feeling scared like I won't be able to handle all this? I am going to miss everything Maa. I.. I just... I am feeling so nervous and anxious like I want this but something is trying to hold me back." Swara said.

Hearing this Shomi smiled and said.

"You are not feeling any different. This is what every girl go through once in their life when they get married. Everyone gets nervous. And it's common. Thousands of questions arises in our mind. How? What? Will I be able to handle everything? But slowly life teaches everything. And I know my Shona can handle everything. You are not alone. He will be always with you like a shadow. He will never leave you alone. And nothing changes in relationships. Yes, you are going to get a new family, new members but that doesn't mean you won't be my daughter anymore. You will always be my Shona. It's just a new phase of life. Just trust and step ahead. You will always find happiness. And you know me and your Dad are always with you." Shomi said making her understand.

Swara felt relaxed a bit hearing this.

"It's your day Swara. Stop thinking negative. Come on now smile." Shomi said.

Swara smiled genuinely.

"Yes, that's like my bestie. Come on, let's go now before Sanskar lose his patience and come here and drag you to mandap by himself." Riya chuckled and Ragini and Shomi also laughed.

Swara looked down blushingly.

"Ohkk okk, firstly let's fix this veil." Ragini said.

"Yeah, I almost forgot in hurry. I would have dragged her without veil only." Riya said taking the veil from the bed.

They held the veil above her head.

"Come on Swara, atleast now look up." Riya said with giggle.

Swara took a deep breathe and slowly lift her eyelashes to look at herself in the mirror. And then the red net veil dropped covering her face till her lips. Her chin was somewhat visible through the veil. But she could see everything from veil.

Shomi smiled and prayed to God to keep her daughter happy always.

Sitting on the mandap in off white shervani and red turban, he was waiting for her. That's when his eye froze to the sight in front. There she was descending approaching toward mandap along with Riya, Shomi and Ragini taking slow steps. Her face was covered but he could see her as she was looking down. He smiled at her. He could hear guests whispering how elegant and beautiful she was looking but he was lost in his own world till she came and she was made to sit beside him. Pandit ji lighted the holy fire and the mantras started. He looked at her and she also looked at him through veil. Then started performing mantras and rituals as per they were instructed. Everyone was looking at the couple adoringly except for few who can be neglected.

After sometime, Pandit ji called Swara's parents for Kanyadaan ritual. And then asked bride and groom to extend their right hands. Sanskar looks on but before he could even feel a glint of sadness, his buddy, his brother was there. Laksh smiled at him and then he took out his right hand from his pocket and extended it. Sanskar gave a smiling nod to Laksh while everyone smiled to see the brothers bond. Swara placed her hand in Sanskar's hand and then with her left hand she supported his right hand placing under his hand. Sanskar looked at her but he wasn't surprised a bit by her gesture. She eyed him through the veil and lightly squeezed his hand with a promise to always by his side.
Laksh, who saw this smiled wholeheartedly and left Sanskar's hand. Shekhar and shomi also had pleasant smile along with other elders and people around. They came forward and performed Kanyadaan ritual.

A few moments later, they were asked to get up for pheras. While pandit ji was chanting mantras they took pheras, taking vows and promising of being togetherness, love, sincerity and faith of their relationship. Then they again took seat beside each other. Sanskar was asked to apply vermilion in her hairline.

Riya came forward smilingly. She lift Swara's veil and put her mangtika aside. He was awestruck to see her. Although he got the glimpse of her beautiful face but as the veil lift up he could cleary see her face and he could hardly blink. She took shallow breath and her eyes were still down. She could feel everyone's eyes on her but most of that she was feeling his gaze. Her heart fluttered.

Annapurna extended Vermillion box to Sanskar smilingly. Sanskar looked at her then he took a pinch a vermilion and lifted his hand to Swara's hairline. And then slowly applied there. She took a deep breathe and closed her eyes in acceptence. Little bit of vermillion fell on her nose. He smiled noticing it. Then he took the mangalsutra and Annapurna was about to help him to tie but before that once again Swara held his right hand and lifted it up giving a assuring nod to him. He couldn't feel more happier and luckiest he thought but she is Swara. His love, who always gives him to feelings of happiness. He put the mangalsutra around her neck and then she helped him to tie it. That moment she shivered as his fingers brushed against her nape. But she tried to hold herself. And she did. But the next moment, She felt like she felt his right hand finger brushed against her skin and it moved a bit. She looked at him but his expression was normal. So she thought, she might be overthinking. It must be his left hand.

He was already looking into her eyes and they had a beautiful eyelock. She was holding his hand in hers. After few more mantras, pandit ji announced them husband and wife now. And told them to take blessings from elders.
They got up together and went toward the elder with their hand joined together. They took elders' blessings while Laksh and Arav hugged Sanskar and Ragini, Uttra and Riya took Swara in big bear hug. Everyone's face were filled with happiness and joy. They were so happy for Swara and Sanskar. Now they are married and all set to start a new journey of their life together.
He entwined his fingers with Swara's and she looked up at him. She squeezed his hand lightly understanding his unsaid words but she could read his emotions through his eyes. She knows he was overwhelmed but she was no less happy. She could never ask anyone better than him in her life because he is best and now, he is her life. He is HER HUSBAND. She didn't only find her way to reach his heart, but she conquered his heart by losing her heart to him.

To be continued...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro