Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Yoongi groaned as he wiped off the counter at work. He kept thinking about Hoseok, wondering if he could really be nice enough to date a blind guy. He didn't want to seem like he was pitying the guy, though he supposed he kind of was. Still, he also didn't know if he could manage to be nice and not say things that would sound mean or rude. He was looking down at the counter and lost in his thoughts when a customer approached."Welcome to Burger Palace. Order when you're ready." His tone probably made it obvious that he didn't want to be here right now.

"How much is a cheeseburger and fry combo?" the customer asked with a very curious tone.

"The price is on the menu." Yoongi didn't understand why customers asked such dumb questions.

There was a small giggle."You know I can't see the menu, Yoongi-hyung."

Yoongi finally paid enough attention to realize that the customer's voice was familiar. Lifting his gaze to view the customer, he smacked himself in the forehead for being an idiot."Fuck. I'm sorry, Hoseok. I wasn't looking."

"That's okay. I didn't know you work here. I am relieved to recognize your voice." Hoseok smiled happily."That makes this so much easier. I thought I was going to make a fool of myself."

Yoongi glanced around before returning his gaze to Hoseok."Are you here by yourself?"

"Well, yeah. My friend drove me here, but he's going to run a couple errands while I eat." Hoseok answered."He offered to come in and order for me, but I need to get used to doing some things on my own."

"Ah, okay. So you want a burger and fry combo, right?" When Hoseok nodded, Yoongi selected the correct buttons on the register."That comes with a drink. What size would you like the drink to be?"

"Small." Hoseok didn't think he would need much to drink."Can you fill up the drink for me? I don't want to make a mess."

Yoongi pressed the button to show the total for Hoseok's order."Yeah, sure." He pulled a card out of his pocket and swiped it, causing the total to clear.

"Great. How much do I owe?" Hoseok pulled his wallet out of his back pocket.

Yoongi made a small wave of his hand out of habit."You owe nothing. It's on me."

"Are you sure?" Hoseok thought Yoongi was too kind. It made him smile."You don't need to pay for my food."

"Oh, I didn't." Yoongi felt himself smile a little as well."I'm the manager. I have a manager card that allows me to get one free meal each day. It's supposed to be for my lunch, but I used it for your order."

"You're the manager? That's cool." Hoseok's smile became a bit brighter."But you will have to pay for your lunch now." He slipped his wallet back into his pocket.

Yoongi felt like he was mesmerized by Hoseok's smile. It was so bright, like the sun itself."Don't worry about it. I don't eat much, so my lunch is pretty cheap. Now have a seat. I'll have someone bring your food to you when it's ready."

"Oh, you don't have to do that. I can take it to the table myself." Hoseok didn't want to be too much of a bother.

"Nonsense." Yoongi was doing his best to be helpful. He didn't want Hoseok to have any difficulties. Besides, he didn't even want to think of the mess that would need to be cleaned if Hoseok dropped his drink."What do you want to drink?"

Hoseok sighed with a smile still on his lips."Sprite please."

"Okay. Now have a seat. You came at a good time. All the tables are empty." Yoongi watched Hoseok walk away from the counter and carefully maneuver to the nearest table. He turned to the dispenser and filled a small cup with Sprite before putting a lid on it. Grabbing a straw, he took the drink to the table and set it down in front of Hoseok."I put your straw next to your cup. Try not to knock your drink over."

"Did you just say that cause I can't see my drink?" Hoseok sounded a bit offended.

Yoongi bit his lower lip."Uh, well..."

"I'm only teasing you." Hoseok giggled then felt the table until his fingers found his cup and straw."I think I can manage from here. Thank you, Hyung."

Yoongi felt his cheeks heat up and was glad that the blind guy couldn't see him blush. He couldn't believe he just got teased by a blind guy. Making his way back behind the counter, he glared at Jimin, who was smirking at him."Don't even speak to me right now. Get back to the line."

Jimin chuckled and returned to his spot on the food line, preparing Hoseok's order."Tae, are those fries done yet?"

"Yup." Taehyung scooped the fries into a paper cup and groaned quietly."I hate working here. Smelling the food makes me hungry." he complained.

Yoongi stepped back to the line and started throwing together a sloppy salad. He made quick work of the salad, rang it up on the register, then paid for it. Technically, he wasn't supposed to ring up his own meals unless he was using the manager card, but no one really cared."Jimin, when Jungkook gets back from his break, tell him to take over the front register." he commanded."And, Tae, get your butt back to the drive-thru. Jimin can manage the line on his own."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and returned to the drive-thru window, greeting a customer. Jimin placed a wrapped burger and the cup of fries onto a tray and grinned at Yoongi."I see you're taking your lunch break now. Are you taking this food to your boyfriend?"

Yoongi frowned deeply."Yes, I'm taking my lunch break. And he is not my boyfriend, you buffoon." Yoongi placed his salad onto the tray then took the tray from Jimin. With a huff, he stepped around the counter and over to the table where Hoseok was seated. He set down the tray then seated himself."I hope you don't mind me joining you."

Hoseok lifted his head a little to face Yoongi, hearing that the other guy was in front of him."I don't mind at all."

Yoongi grabbed his salad from the tray and the plastic fork he had placed with it. As they both began to eat, he found himself staring at Hoseok a few times. He was actually quite lucky Hoseok was blind. Otherwise, he would have been caught staring."So it must have been hard for you to look at mirrors before you lost your sight."

Hoseok tilted his head a bit to the side."What makes you say that?"

Yoongi poked at his salad a little."It can hurt your eyes to look at the sun, and you are just as bright." His poor attempt at flirting was rewarded by a small giggle and the faintest tint of pink in Hoseok's cheeks.

A/N: I edited Hoseok's drink to Sprite. Happy now?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro