Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Namjoon had to stop and ask himself a very important question."What the hell am I thinking?" Just looking at the number in his phone took him down memory lane. All the feelings he had buried came rushing back as he stared at those digits. What should he do?"I should delete it." he told himself. Tapping the number, he selected the edit option and hovered his thumb over the option to delete the number.

Could he do it? Could Namjoon delete this number after having it in his phone for so long? With a sigh, Namjoon moved his thumb away from the option."Should I call first? Just one last time?" This was such a tough decision for him. Delete the number or call first? He had called so many times before but always hung up after just one ring, afraid to hear the voice on the other side.

Shifting his attention away from the phone in his hand for a moment, Namjoon listened closely to make sure Hoseok wasn't coming to his room for any reason. He could hear Hoseok wandering around a bit, but he didn't seem to be coming in the direction of his room. After a few seconds, Namjoon returned his attention to his phone. Mustering up all of his courage, he tapped the call option and moved the phone to his ear.

Namjoon's heart thumped as he listened to the ringing. I'm not hanging up this time. He told himself. One last call at least deserved an exchange of words, right? I can do this. However, that courage fell flat when the call was answered.

"Hello?"

That voice. It slithered into Namjoon's ear and pressed a panic switch in his brain."U-uh, sorry! Wrong number!" he lied.

There was a low chuckle."Okay, Namjoon."

Quickly ending the call, Namjoon dropped his phone onto his bed and covered his face with his hands."He still has my number...He knew it was me...How embarrassing..." He rubbed his face a bit before grabbing his phone again and staring at the contact info. More specifically, he stared at the name on that contact. Yongguk.

Seeing everything that was going on between Hoseok and Yoongi, Namjoon realized that he needed to get over his own issues. He didn't really understand Hoseok's side of the situation, but he understood Yoongi's side, somewhat. Just as he knew Hoseok and Yoongi really needed to talk about their situation and sort through the problem together, maybe he needed to talk to Yongguk in order to move on.

Thinking about this, Namjoon took a deep breath and called the number again. As it rang, Namjoon's mind was panicking. What should he say to Yongguk? What if Yongguk didn't want to talk to him? His swarming thoughts were interrupted by the call soon being answered.

"Namjoon, is everything okay?" came Yongguk's deep voice.

"Well...I..." Namjoon didn't know what to say. The confidence he normally showed to other people completely vanished with Yongguk. He couldn't do it.

"Namjoon?" Yongguk sounded concerned."You don't normally give me a chance to answer the call, but now you've called me twice in a row. What's wrong?"

Swallowing a lump in his throat, Namjoon forced himself to talk."We need to talk...Can you, um..."

Though he wasn't getting many words, Yongguk understood."Yeah, I'll head to your place shortly."

Just like that, the call was ended. Now what was Namjoon supposed to do? Just sit around and wait? Should he ask Hoseok for advice? No, that would be stupid. How could Hoseok help him if he was going through such a similar situation? Though, Namjoon supposed it would be a good idea to at least let Hoseok know that he had company coming over. What was Hoseok even doing right now?

Standing up from his bed, Namjoon stepped over to his bedroom door, opened it, and poked his head out."Hoseok!" he called.

"Eh?!"

Hearing Hoseok's response come from the direction of the living room, Namjoon made his way down the hall. Stepping into the living room, he found Hoseok sticking his hands between the couch cushions."What are you doing?"

Hoseok let out a sigh of frustration."I left my phone in here when I went to the kitchen for a drink. On my way back, I heard my notification sound, but I can't find my phone. I think it fell between the cushions."

"Ah." Namjoon stepped over and lightly tapped Hoseok's shoulder."Let me find it." He knew it must suck to be feeling around between the cushions, instead of just being able to look. When Hoseok moved aside, Namjoon started searching between the cushions. He heard Hoseok's notification sound and knew the right area to search, but he was still having a little difficulty finding the phone."I swear, couches must have pocket dimensions between their cushions."

"Please find it, Namjoon. It's really important." Hoseok was really anxious for the notification. He felt like he absolutely needed it, and he wouldn't be able to do anything else until he could hear it.

"I'm searching, Seokie. Chill." Namjoon perked an eyebrow and pulled a sock out from between the cushions."Oh, gross." This sock definitely needed to go in the trash."Crusty. Oops." Namjoon recognized the sock as his own and the 'contents' as definitely his own as well.

Hoseok loosely wrapped his arms around himself as he waited."It's a text, Namjoon. I really need to know what it says. It's...It's from Yoongi-hyung."

Namjoon paused and looked at Hoseok."It said it's from Yoongi-hyung?" When Hoseok nodded, he felt even more determined to find the phone. This also made Namjoon glad that he had set up the Google Speech on Hoseok's phone, so it would always tell Hoseok who was calling or texting him. Searching between the cushions again, it only took a few more minutes to find Hoseok's phone."Found it." He held out the phone and lightly tapped Hoseok's wrist with it to let him know where it was.

Unwrapping his arms from around himself, Hoseok grabbed his phone from Namjoon."I'm going to my room to listen to it."

"Okay." When Hoseok turned to leave the living room, Namjoon spoke up again."Oh, Seok, I have someone coming over, and I need to speak to him alone, so would you mind staying out of the living room for a while?"

"Who's coming over?" Hoseok asked curiously, holding his phone with both hands close to his chest, scared to lose it again before he could hear the text.

Lifting a hand, Namjoon nervously rubbed the back of his neck."Yongguk."

"Yongguk?" That name sounded familiar. It took Hoseok a few seconds to remember who that was."Oh, your ex. Okay, I'll let you two have some time alone. I'll just stay in my room and listen to an ebook or something."

"Thanks, Seokie."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro