Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Yoongi's gaze kept flicking back and forth between his phone and Jimin, who had fallen asleep during his lunch break. Jimin had his face buried into his arms, which were folded on the table. Yoongi was seated across from him, trying to form a text and failing. He was trying to follow Natasha's advice. He needed to stick to his word and send a text to Hoseok.

But what should I say?

This was so difficult for Yoongi. It wasn't a case of not knowing what to say. It was a case of having too much to say and not knowing which parts should be left out. Some things just shouldn't be said through text. It would suck the meaning out of those words.

Hoseokie...No. Hoseok.

Should he be casual? Should he talk to Hoseok the same way he had spoken to him while they had been together?

How are you doing? No. That makes it sound too formal.

Wording was very important. At least, it was to Yoongi. He was in a state of typing and deleting, unable to figure out what to actually send.

I miss you. Please talk to me.

Well, that was definitely deleted. Yoongi didn't want to sound too desperate, despite how desperate he really was to hear Hoseok's voice and see his handsome face.

Fuck. What am I even doing?

Yoongi lifted a hand and scratched his head with mild frustration. He was so annoyed with himself. Why couldn't he think of the best words to say? Nothing seemed good enough.

Hoseok, can we talk?

Was that a good enough beginning? It was simple and got straight to the point.

I don't know what went wrong between us, but I would like to know. I want to understand. Please talk to me and give me a chance to make things right. Even if things might not be fixed, we can at least try. If this is my fault, please tell me so I can do better.

That seemed good to Yoongi, but he didn't know if he had enough courage to send it. Could he just send it like this? Should he wait a little longer? His thumb hovered over the send button. He didn't know if he could make himself press it.

"I deleted it..!" Jimin suddenly spoke loudly, jerking upward from his sleeping position.

That made Yoongi jump, startling him."Damn it, Jimin. What the fuck are you yelling about?"

Jimin looked at Yoongi with wide eyes before seeming to realize that he was now awake and still at work. He calmed down and slouched a bit in his seat."Nothing, Hyung. It was just a dream."

"You startled the shit out of me, you cunt." Yoongi didn't know if his heart could take the strain of being startled right now. It was already pounding so fast with the thought of texting Hoseok.

"Sorry." Jimin lifted a hand and raked his fingers through his hair."What were you doing? Texting someone?" he asked as he pointed simply toward his manager's phone.

"Yeah, I was trying to think of what to te..." Yoongi's voice trailed off as he looked down at his phone."Jimin, you idiot!"

Jimin straightened himself up."What did I do?"

Yoongi felt a rush of panic course through him."When you startled me, I accidentally hit the send button! Fuck! What if that text sounds stupid?!"

"Who were you texting?" Jimin had only a couple guesses.

"Who do you think I was texting?! Hoseok!" Yoongi didn't know what to do now. Was there anything he could do?

"Oh." Jimin didn't know whether he should feel relieved that Yoongi had now contacted Hoseok or if he should feel sorry for being the cause of the contact being by accident. Maybe he should just stick with being relieved."Hey, if this didn't happen, you might have never sent it."

"But..." Yoongi set his phone down onto the table and held his head in his hands."I think I'm going to have a heart attack..."

Jimin sighed and smiled softly."It's going to be okay, Yoongi-hyung. You're not going to have a heart attack. You just need to calm down."

"How am I supposed to calm down? I just accidentally texted the man who dumped me." Yoongi didn't know what to do. His mind was getting fuzzy. He was breathing too heavily.

"Yoongi-hyung?" This was starting to look bad to Jimin. He could see that something was wrong."Tae! Kook!" He needed help. He didn't know what to do to help Yoongi calm down.

Jungkook and Taehyung came out from behind the counter and hurried over."What's wrong?" Jungkook asked, not knowing what was going on.

Taehyung immediately recognized Yoongi's condition though."Hyung's having a panic attack!" He swiftly moved beside Yoongi and placed a hand on his shoulder."Turn this way, Hyung. You can do it."

With Taehyung's help, Yoongi turned to face him. He allowed Taehyung to guide him, lowering his head down near his knees and trying to focus on his breathing. This was something that didn't happen often, but Yoongi was thankful that he wasn't alone right now.

"Jimin, Jungkook, make sure customers don't freak out." Taehyung instructed. Once the other two stepped away to assure staring customers that everything was okay, he returned his full attention to Yoongi."You're okay, Hyung. Just think of a feather. Close your eyes and imagine the feather in your mind." As Taehyung spoke, he soothingly ran his fingers through Yoongi's hair to help him relax."Let your breaths keep the feather afloat. Keep the feather steady. You can do it."

Yoongi closed his eyes and imagined the feather. He tried to focus on keeping the feather floating in his mind. His breaths controlled the feather."Tae..."

"You're doing fine, Hyung." Taehyung had only witnessed Yoongi have a panic attack once before, but he had seen how Jin handled Yoongi during that time. Now it was his turn to comfort and support Yoongi."You're okay."

It took a few more minutes, but Yoongi was able to relax his breathing. His heart was still pounding a bit, and his hands were shaking, but the panic attack was over."Thanks...Tae..."

Taehyung gently brushed some hair away from Yoongi's face and flashed a caring smile."No need to thank me, Hyung. Are you feeling better? Do you need to go home?"

Yoongi shook his head just a little."I'm fine...I'll stay..."

"Alright. Just let me know if you feel the need to go home. I'll walk with you." Taehyung gave Yoongi's head a light pat, hoping his hyung would be okay for the rest of their shift.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro