Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You feeling okay, Hyung?"

Yoongi had lost count of how many times he heard that question over the past few days. And he stuck to his typical answers.

"I'm fine, Jimin."

"Don't worry, Jungkook."

But there was something that was more comforting to Yoongi than the question of concern.

"Yoongi-hyung, I'm finished with the ordering." Taehyung said as he stepped up to the counter to stand beside Yoongi. He lightly placed a hand on the manager's shoulder.

Yoongi could feel the concern in Taehyung's small contact. There was something about Taehyung that made him think of Jin. It was comforting and familiar."Did you return the pad to its charger?"

"Yup." Taehyung smiled widely. He understood that Yoongi didn't want to talk about how he was feeling. He knew it must be very unnerving to accidentally send a text to an ex. He could only imagine how embarrassed he would feel if he ever sent a text by accident to his crush, let alone an ex. Lifting his hand away from Yoongi's shoulder, Taehyung gave the shorter man's head a gentle pat before walking away.

Normally, it would annoy Yoongi if anyone patted his head. However, Taehyung could get away with it. Yoongi just couldn't bring himself to be annoyed with him. Despite Taehyung's usually goofy and irresponsible personality, Yoongi had noticed his more mature side, which he liked. It made him feel safe. He recognized this feeling. He wanted to cling to it, but he didn't want to cling too much.

Yoongi was soon pulled out of his thoughts by the feel of a vibration in his pocket. Was it a text? He wanted to check it, but he knew he shouldn't. He always told the others not to have their phones out during work. He had to be a good example for them. After all, rules meant nothing if they weren't followed by everyone. It wouldn't be fair at all if he told them to put their phones away then pulled out his own phone.

What if it's from Hoseok? That thought really struck Yoongi's mind hard. This was killing him inside. He was torn between being a good manager and giving in to the urge to check the text.

"Are you alright, Hyung?" Jungkook asked from behind the manager."You're all stiff and spacing out."

Should Yoongi tell Jungkook? He wasn't used to opening up about his feelings and issues to the youngest employee."I got a text." he said simply, keeping his gaze forward.

"And?" Jungkook knew that couldn't be it. There had to be more to this. Just a simple text wouldn't cause someone to tense up the way Yoongi was."Is the text important?"

"I don't know." Yoongi sighed and let his fingers touch the outside of his pocket, feeling his phone."I haven't checked to see who it's from."

"Oh." Jungkook understood now."You think it might be...I see." He leaned to the side slightly and peeked down at Yoongi's hand that was on his pocket."Are you going to check it?"

Moving his hand away from his pocket, Yoongi shook his head."No." As much as he wanted to check the text, he needed to refrain from giving in to temptation. He needed to be a good manager.

"Why not? If it's bothering you so much, don't you think you'll feel better once you check it?" That made full sense to Jungkook. After all, he would always find a way to sneak peeks at his texts.

"I can't let my personal life interfere with my work." Yoongi said firmly, mainly trying to convince himself."I'll check it when I take my lunch break."

"Are you sure?" Typically, Jungkook knew not to pry into Yoongi's personal issues, but he was actually concerned right now. Jimin had told him earlier that Yoongi's panic attack a few days ago had been triggered by a text being accidentally sent to Hoseok. So he figured Yoongi must be waiting on a response. That would explain why he was so tense about having an unread text on his phone right now.

With a small sigh, Yoongi nodded."I'm sure. Go back to work."

Knowing he wasn't going to get anywhere by pushing, Jungkook decided to back off."Okay, Hyung." He turned but abruptly stopped when he heard Yoongi speak again.

"Thanks, Kookie, for caring." There was no way Yoongi could look at Jungkook right now. He felt so weak. He wished he could go back to the way he had been before. Why couldn't he just be strong and resilient, like he was before that blind date? But was that even real strength? Or had he just been using a bad attitude and foul language to hide himself like a coward?

Maybe I've been weak all along. Yoongi thought to himself as he heard Jungkook walk away. Was there ever a time when he was able to be strong? He needed someone. He needed comfort and reassurance. But who could give him the things he needed? Yoongi knew Jin would always be there for him, but he couldn't call his best friend right now. Besides, after that drunken night, Jin hadn't set foot in Burger Palace, probably too nervous to see Jimin.

Briefly, Yoongi wondered what was going to come from that night. Jin and Jimin both didn't seem to want to talk about it. Yoongi could tell it was for different reasons though. Jin clearly didn't want to talk about it because he didn't know what to do. He had been dating Jackson but slept with Jimin. But what was Jimin's reason for not wanting to talk about it? Was it because of his large crush on Jungkook? Or was there another reason?

Glancing back toward the food line, Yoongi spotted Jimin making some food for a drive-thru order, just keeping to himself. Though, he also noticed a narrowed gaze that was directed at Jimin from Taehyung. What's that all about? Yoongi didn't know of any reason for Taehyung to glare at Jimin like that.

He didn't get much time to speculate though. A bell soon dinged to signify the arrival of a customer. So Yoongi pushed his thoughts aside and got back to work.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro