Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jungkook expected the work day to be harder without Yoongi. He expected there to be times when they wouldn't know what to do without their manager around. Today wasn't what he had expected. Jin had stopped by to tell them what was going on with Yoongi. He gave the Burger Palace keys to Taehyung, saying that was per Yoongi's instructions. And just like that, Taehyung took charge. He told Jungkook and Jimin exactly what to do to get the place ready. He got them started on their usual tasks and somehow managed to run the drive-thru window and the front register by himself. Jungkook was amazed.

It was clear that Jimin was amazed too, even surprised at how efficient and responsible Taehyung was. Taehyung would take drive-thru orders on the headset while ringing up orders at the front counter. It was definitely showing that Yoongi had trained Taehyung well. During the lunch rush, Taehyung was constantly going back and forth between the front counter and the drive-thru window.

"Jungkook, I need you to help Jimin on the line!" Taehyung called from the drive-thru window.

"On it!" Jungkook called back as he came out of the backroom. He pulled on the proper gloves, went over to the food line, and started working on the opposite side from Jimin.

Jimin eyed Jungkook for a moment with a perked eyebrow."Did you wash your hands?"

Jungkook just flashed a cute grin."Of course I did. I was actually just washing my hands when Tae-hyung called for me. And look." He held up his hands."I even put these stupid plastic gloves on."

"Good job." Jimin found himself having some thoughts about last night. Their conversation stuck in his mind. It was okay though."Jungkook."

"Hm?" Jungkook didn't look at Jimin now. They had far too much food to prepare during the lunch rush.

Jimin kept making food as well while he decided to say something real quick. It might not have been important to anyone but himself, but he still wanted to say it."Thank you for hearing me out last night. I was afraid to say it for so long, but being rejected wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be."

Those words made Jungkook smile again."Jimin-hyung, I value your friendship, so I'm glad you're okay with it."

A smile spread across Jimin's lips as well."I value your friendship too, Kookie." He wrapped up some food he just finished preparing and set it over onto a tray, which was quickly grabbed by Taehyung.

"As soon as the rush dies down, you two can take your lunch breaks!" Taehyung called from the front counter.

"Thanks, Tae!" Jimin was hungry and really wished he had eaten breakfast this morning. However, he had been in a hurry to get here when he had gotten a call from Taehyung, stating that the doors were unlocked with Yoongi nowhere to be found. That had concerned him enough to cause him to ignore a missed call from Namjoon.

---

When the lunch rush was finally over, Jimin poked at the burger he was having for lunch. He'd only eaten a bite so far and a couple fries. He just wasn't in the mood to eat. Despite accepting Jungkook's rejection, he still had other things on his mind. Jimin still needed to talk to Jackson about the night at the bar. He needed to figure out what he had done to upset Taehyung and fix it. There was also the thing of becoming Chaeyoung's friend.

Jimin really did want to try to be her friend. It might be nice. Besides, making a new friend would be a good thing. That wasn't the first thing on his list though. The next thing he wanted to do was talk to Jackson. He knew that he had ruined Jackson's relationship with Jin, and he wanted to fix it.

"You know, your food will taste better if you eat it while it's still hot." Jungkook suggested as he seated himself across from Jimin.

Jimin grabbed a fry and lightly threw it at Jungkook. It hit him in the chest then fell down into his lap."I'll eat, brat."

Jungkook grabbed the fry from his lap and threw it back at Jimin, laughing when it hit his hyung in the face."Sure, you will. I don't see you eating yet."

"I will, you punk!" Taking the top bun off of his burger, Jimin grabbed a pickle and flung it at Jungkook. Both of them got wide-eyed and almost choked on their breath."It stuck!"

Pointing to the pickle that stuck to his cheek with ketchup, Jungkook burst into laughter."Hyung, quick! Take a picture!"

Jimin hastily pulled out his phone and held it up to take a picture."Say pickle cheese!" He snapped a picture as Jungkook barely got the words out through his laughter. He had gotten the picture just in time, as the shaking of Jungkook's laughter soon caused the pickle to fall from his cheek.

"You two are so silly." Taehyung said as he stepped over to the table. He set a small stack of napkins down onto the table."Don't make a mess."

"Are you going to eat with us, Tae-hyung?" Jungkook asked as he grabbed a napkin to wipe some ketchup off of his cheek.

"Eat with us, Tae!" With a grin, Jimin patted the seat next to him.

However, Taehyung shook his head a little."I'll eat later, guys. I'm going to get some of the dishes done." Then, he gave a small motion toward Jungkook while perking an eyebrow at Jimin."Keep an eye on this child, will you?" he teased."You are the oldest one of us here right now."

Jimin made a small, playful gasp."I'm the oldest right now? Does that mean I actually have to be responsible and mature?" he joked, which earned a laugh from Jungkook.

Giving a lighthearted chuckle, Taehyung patted Jimin's head."Don't worry about that. I've got you covered." That said, he walked away to head to the back.

As soon as Taehyung walked away though, Jimin smirked at Jungkook."You heard what he said, right?" He grabbed another pickle from his burger."I don't have to be mature right now!" He flung the pickle at Jungkook.

"But he also said not to make a mess!" Jungkook grabbed the pickle after it hit his shirt and threw it back at Jimin.

"He also brought us napkins!" And with that logic, a little food fight ensued.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro