24-Break through!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N Here it is! Enjoy! :)
Monday, that meant work and school the very last things the boys wanted to do. But what had to be done well, had to be done. It was a typical morning for a change, things have been so different lately. It was a bit cold out but not as bad. Agustin had made breakfast for everyone, this time waffles. And the aromas called all the boys down, something that would get any guy's attention. The first one that came down was Javier.

"Hey Jav, how's it going?" Agustin placed a plate of food in front of Javier who sat at the table.

"I'm okay, I just don't want to go to school." He replied.

"Well, look at it this way it's almost graduation." Smiled Agustin with a positive attitude as usual.

Just then Dylan came into the kitchen holding Valeria. "It took some time taking this one away from her Papa." He chuckled, Valeria held her arms out to Javier.

"Come here little one." Javier took the child, it still seemed strange to the other boys. He was over carrying to her as if she meant something to him.

Dylan sat down at the table as Agustin brought him a plate. "Waffles! I love waffles!"

"Good, because when you're around I know my cooking won't go to waste."

"Did you make them from scratch?" Asked Dylan.

"Yeah, I kind of made it up actually." Agustin blushed a bit and the boys laughed at him.

Then Brooks came in, he looked tired to the boys, his hair was a bit messy and he was still in his joggers. "Hey, Dylan." He said to Agustin.

Agustin smiled. "Hey, yourself and it's not Dylan." He thought Brooks made a mistake or was just trying to be funny.

Brooks looked rather confused. "Brooks, over here!" Dylan waved his hand trying to get Brooks to look in his direction. "I'm Dylan!"

Brooks narrowed his eyebrows. "Oh..." He stopped to look around making the boys wonder.

"Brooks, you okay?" Asked Javier.

Just then Aman came down, he looked tired himself and not much in the mood to talk to anyone. "Brooks get out of the way!" He said to the boy that was just standing near the last chair so that it was blocked.

"Wait," Said Agustin as he approached Brooks. "You okay Brooks? What's wrong?"

"Where is everyone?" Is how Brooks replied.

Just then Agustin understood perfectly, he could tell all the boys did. "Brooks were all here." He told him gently.

"Take my seat." Said Javier standing from his chair. Brooks just stare at him.

"Come on Brooks, sit down." Aman sighed as he led Brooks over to Javier's chair. "What's wrong with the kid?" He asked. Brooks just sat down and began fiddling with the black band Aman was wearing around his wrist.

"It's the medication, I'll call his Dr," Agustin said, he brought a plate over to Aman. "Just keep him distracted."

"Give him the bracelet!" Added Dylan.

Aman narrowed him down. "Give him the bracelet!" He mocked trying to impersonate Dylan but failing utterly. "I'm not giving him the bracelet, you'll be alright, yeah?"

Brooks just stare at him still tugging at the bracelet. "Give him the bracelet Aman." Added Javier, Valeria must have agreed because she cooed loudly.

"Awe does my little Princesse agree?" Aman asked. "Fine, I'll give it to him." Aman took the bracelet off his wrist and handed it to Brooks. Then he walked over to Valeria and took her from Javier. "After breakfast, I'm taking you to visit uncle Niki."

"How is he doing?" Asked Dylan.

"He's more alert today, I have to go out there and find Orson Luz!" Said Aman, he looked angry enough.

"We have to wait for Officer Heart, he said he has a plan." Warned Javier.

Thian made his way to Orson Luz hotel room. He didn't feel nervous in the least bit, he knew he could handle that thing, he's done it so many times in the past, what should make that different? He knocked on the door then waited for an answer. After a second the door opened.

"Thian?"

"Orson Luz." Thian studied Orson for a minute, he looked poor that must be why he was so desperate to get the money back.

"Come in." Orson widened the door and Thian stepped in. He took a look around, the place smelled of beer and smoke. "Corey!" Called Orson.

Thian couldn't wait to see Corey when he saw him at the restaurant and Police station the boy was exactly the same as two years ago! Corey came out of the bathroom and to Thian's surprise appeared a lot different. He approached Thian. "Corey Aaron?" Thian questioned.

"Aman Trevino." Is how Corey replied.

Thian looked up at Orson. "He smells like beer, is he drunk?"

"I'm afraid the boy can't live without a stiff one all the time. He's quite crazy at times."

With those words, Thian knew Corey hadn't changed a bit. "He's always been like that, he used to say he was diagnosed with anxiety, I guess the Doctors couldn't help him."

"No, they can't." Replied Orson.

"He's been seeing one?" Asked Thian.

"Come sit down, I'll tell you everything." Orson led him over to the small desk near the window. There was one chair which he motioned for Thian to sit down in. Orson sat at the end of the bed closest to the desk and Corey sort of lingered in the background.

"How did Corey end up here?" Asked Thian.

"Let me explain, you have a lot of questions young man." Said Orson. He cleared his throat. "Corey met me online through a forum. He was looking for some help on how to treat himself. "

Thian looked over at Corey who was drinking more from a bottle of beer. It was as is he might lose it and he drank so fast he started choking! Thian didn't feel very sorry for the boy, he always knew there was a better life for all of them, Corey could have helped himself some other way that would have been much more healthy. "Corey slow down!" Said Orson, he stood up to take the bottle away from him and give his back a few slaps. Corey choked everything up, he fell to his knees and began vomiting. Thian never saw anything quite like it, it was a gruesome color of black and it smelled even worse! Orson had no mercy, he dragged Corey into the bathroom during the process and shouted things at him! After that, he came back in still swearing under his breath. He took his seat back at the end of the bed and began again. "As I was saying, he was looking for a Dr. I specialized in Mental patients. Something I did before I lost my job in 2012, then I became a salesman. I told Corey I could help and after we spoke online for a couple months he opened up with me. Life can be tricky Thian, it sometimes amazes me to reflect on how small the world really is. He told me he wanted to leave home, he told me all about the gang. Then he told me about Aman Trevino, that's when I told Corey he could leave his home, move in with me and help me find Aman."

Thian felt confused, it wasn't a likely story, a bit far fetched too but he believed it. Anytime Corey had been involved strange things happened. "Are you still helping people? To be honest you didn't seem to do anything for Corey."

Orson narrowed his eyes. "Don't be so quick in saying that, Corey is a lost cause. In away a love that boy, I just hope he doesn't crash this whole thing for us. What changed your mind? How did you know where I was?"

Thian sat up straighter in his chair. "Surveillance at the station in Mexico City. And my change of mind? Well, I was pleased when I saw Aman arrested. I never did like him, we were always competing with each other, who's stronger who's better looking. I was trying to clean my life up after the gang broke up, I think we all were. I decided I could still be a fighter working on the law's side."

"How did you even get in that profession with your record?" Asked Orson.

"It wasn't easy but there is something different about Officer Thindall, he gave me another chance. I got a job at the restaurant, raised enough money to buy myself an apartment home. But when I saw Aman, I felt that same jealousy, then I realized I never was meant to be good. Then it got worse, he was bailed out and I knew somewhere in this world he was doing better than me. I had to think of a plan and you and Corey were the first ones that came to mind."

Orson was smiling by now, he seemed very pleased with Thian. "You're a leader Thian, I could tell and so far you are the most willing out of all the boys I've had help me. So, where is this Ray Cassidy?"

"I believe he's headed to Cleveland, ever since I've been at the station I can find these things out. He will destroy everything, not just Aman but all the boys." Just then there was a loud clattering sound in the bathroom. Orson jumped up to see what it was. "What happened?" Thian called.

"Corey passed out, he should be fine though, just give me a hand, will you?" They helped Corey over to one of the beds, he was clearly having too much alcohol.

Luis has some time to get on a computer that day, he was in prison in Illinois since that's where he was arrested. He hasn't been himself since then, he didn't eat much of anything and he's seen himself grow skinny. His family must have hated him, they didn't even come to visit him. He didn't even get a phone call, so when he was at the computer he hoped for at least an Email. But what has he done to deserve that? Why on earth was he even going near the computer when he wanted to hide from society forever! He sat at that computer and pulled up his messages. He didn't expect to see one! He clicked on it without second guessing it, he had to know someone out there cared! He expected it to be his Mama, but it wasn't. It was Javier! He read the note with a pounding heart, for some reason he hoped Javier wouldn't find out, but that was silly. With modern day technology, there was no hiding from anyone! He could feel tears pooling in his eyes, Javier was so forgiving, but he didn't know that Luis has been watching them before the arrest. The liar that Luis was told him not to say a word of it. He knew he's let Javier down and he could tell there was something sensitive about the boy. So he would write him back, maybe he would have at least one person that cared.

I'm so embarrassed Javier, You must think of me as horrible and I am! I don't expect any forgiveness from anyone and don't just try to make me feel better about myself. Thanks anyway for trying to understand, but it's a lost cause. Please do not write to me anymore. Luis.

Aman was feeling very antsy by then, he wasn't sure how he would just sit around waiting on Officer Heart. That was his very own brother! Valeria seemed pleased though, she was such a happy child, the way she talked in her own language the whole drive there. Aman took a bus, he was much too dizzy to walk, he knew after all this Orson Luz stuff, (If it would end without out any blood shed), that he would be very sick. He hasn't tended to the concussion like he knew he should have. The bruises on his chest still hurt at times but they seemed to be healing well. But who cared at that point? He was worried for his brother! He got to the hospital to find that his parents weren't there. Nicholas was eating his breakfast, must of the color in his face had returned. He looked happy when he saw Aman with Valeria. "Hey, Niki."

"Hey Aman, I feel like I've been run over by a truck."

"Tell me about it." Aman sat down on the chair beside his brother's bed. "You know I'm so sorry Niki, I wish I could go and kill that guy! And law enforcements are investigating, but they don't know the truth!" Aman hadn't told his family about him and the boys trying to settle things with Orson Luz, he wanted to at least tell Nicholas but he couldn't.

"I wish I could kill him myself, let me see Valeria."

Aman handed the child to Nicholas. "Go by Uncle Niki."

"She's getting so big!" Smiled Nicholas.

"Nicholas, I promise you there will be revenge, I'm not sure how but it will happen." Said Aman.

It was finally evening and all the boys were back home. "His Mama came to stay with him, she's gone now." Agustin told Dylan in the living room.

"Is he doing any better?" Asked Dylan.

"He's still confused and kind of crabby, I don't think Javier is taking it well." Explained Agustin, then the doorbell rang.

Officer Heart got there and before they left he said he had some explaining to do. "Alright boys, this is it. Orson and his boy Corey are meeting us at the same place as last time. This time we are going to give it to him plain, I'm afraid if he doesn't reason with us I will have to arrest him. If anyone finds out about us trying to get him to reason with the law we all will be thrown in jail. Aman, I'm also proud at how patient you have been." He said once they were all down there.

"It's not easy." Said Aman.

"Well, let's go then." Said Officer Heart.

"We have to wait for Isla though, she's staying with Valeria." Said Agustin.

"Fine, and how is Brooks doing? I wanted to see him but I don't think we have time."

Just then there were footsteps in the entry hall. Then the voice of Brooks. "I'm right here." Everyone turned to face him, they were surprised he was being himself!

"Brooks?" Asked Officer Heart.

"I'm fine, okay? And I know what happened, I wasn't myself well now I am! Please let me come, please!" Another ring at the doorbell interrupted everything signaling that Isla was there. They had no other choice but to leave Brooks behind.

There it was again, that dark and dismal parking garage. They waited nervously, hearts pounding, thoughts running wild. Then appeared the three more shadows? Who could the third one have been? It was revealed in the light and right then Aman knew. They were all surprised to see a third man, known of them knowing who it was except for Aman. Thian stare right back at him, the same expression Aman has seen a million times. Those raised eyebrows and that fearless cocky grin.

"Aman Trevino, didn't expect me, huh?"

But Orson looked more floored then Thian. "A-Aman?"

"You didn't beat me up that was my brother!" Aman couldn't help shouting, Officer Heart pulled him back as he was clearly ready to fight Orson. "No! He hurt my brother!"

"Aman calm down remember our plan." Officer Heart whispered.

Orson looked nervous, rare for him. "You mean to say that look alike wearing your name around his wrist was your brother?"

"You hurt him!" Aman shouted. He was trying to ignore the growing dizzy spell.

Officer Heart nudged Aman and asked in a whisper, "Who's he?"

Aman replied out loud. "Thian Valera. And what on earth are you doing here?" Aman hated this, is all they needed was Luis and it would be just like the gang days!

"You know him?" Dylan asked.

Thian chuckled. "One tough gang you got Aman."

"We aren't a gang!" Aman mouthed back.

"Now, now Thian let's not quarrel." Warned Orson, he was smirking too as if that all wasn't a big deal!

"No, I want to know how he got here? And I want to know why you beat up my brother!"

"Aman stop it!" Agustin shouted everyone got silence as if they didn't expect it from the sweet looking boy. Everyone just stared for a moment. He felt good about it.

"Let me explain. I decided I wanted to get you back for everything in the past! I loath you Aman Trevino!" Shouted Thian.

Corey just stood in the shadows, he was shifting a bit clearly gone at the moment.

"No, this will not end like this. Orson, we will give you the money as soon as possible." Said Officer Heart.

"As soon as possible? I don't care about any money now! I want to have Aman!" Replied Orson.

"That's not how it's going to work!" Javier stepped up in front of Aman, he felt nervous but he had to do it. "Let Officer Heart explain." Javier felt Aman give his back a pat.

"Go on, explain." Said Orson.

"If you promise to leave Aman and the rest of us alone, to drop charges plus give the contract back I will let you go as a free man, that includes Corey and Thian too."

"Why do you have his contract?" Asked Dylan feeling a bit nervous for once rather then numb.

Orson smirked at him. "That way he'll have to think about me, I'm asking for a fight because I know I can kill him!" Orson's voice echoed leaving a trail of silence.

"Please Orson, if you don't do this I will have to arrest you."

Corey looked up when he heard that, he seemed afraid although he was drunk.

"Give me one more night, tomorrow I promise it will be settled once at for all." Said Orson.

"One last night, and if you try to get away you will have a swat team on your back." Said Officer Heart. "Come on boys, let's go." Officer Heart was proud of his boys that night, they all walked to the car leaving the dark place behind. Aman stumbled a bit just before they got there.

"Whoa, Aman." Agustin helped him stand.

"Come on Aman, he's just over stressed. He needs rest." Officer Heart lifted Aman and Carried him to the car. Once they were all inside driving, "Boys you all did well, thank you."

"Come on Corey!" Orson called over his shoulder, they were still trying to make their way out of the parking garage and Corey was doing more than lagging. He couldn't stand up straight and he was coughing horribly.

"What's wrong with him?" Asked Thian.

Just then Corey started vomiting all over himself, he didn't even stop walking. He kept on going till he collapsed! Orson assumed he had just passed out again and swore at him! "Corey Aaron you're a drunk full!" He pulled Corey up but the boy just fell back down limply. Horrible breathing sounds were coming out from him, even in the dark, his skin looked bluish. He began thrashing around and choking! "Corey! What's wrong with you?!" Orson shook him but he didn't respond.

Thian came over to see what was happening. "He's sick, somethings wrong!"

"Corey wake up!" Called Orson, to tell the truth, he was beginning to panic, Corey couldn't die, not after all they've been through together. "Come on boy answer me!"

"What are you going to do?" Asked Thian.

"We have to get him to the ER." Replied Orson, he scooped Corey up into his arms.

"That's not a good idea! I say we just leave him!" Thian suggested.

Orson thought for a moment, that was probably a better plan but he needed Corey! "No, I'll drop it off in front of the ER, someone is bound to pick him up. Come on!"

"You're crazy, but whatever you say." Said Thian.

Once the boys got home they were tired, it was draining in a way, all the nerves. They were all just regular guys for the most part. Javier hated all of it, it made him feel nervous. He hoped it wouldn't be a regular thing and what was Officer Heart's reason for it? All the boys wondered that. He looked at his phone in hopes of getting a note from Luis but he doubted it. He lay down on his bed after kicking his shoes off and went into messages. To his surprise, Luis wrote him back! Feeling excited he looked at it. At first, things were going good, the message seemed nice, but as he kept reading it just got worse. He couldn't believe it! He was so hurt, why would Luis do that? He was willing to help Luis, build a friendship with him! Why did everything in his life go wrong? He threw down his phone so that it tumbled off the bed and lay back on his pillow. He covered his face with his hands and sobbed, his whole body shaking.

"Javier?"

Javier stopped, feeling a bit embarrassed, then he looked up to see Aman with Valeria. "Leave me alone." Said Javier, he still wasn't sure what to think about Aman. It was him who started all this with Orson Luz. If he was only more responsible and found a job instead of beginning Orson Luz. At least that's what Javier called it, he would never have the nerve to ask for money.

"No, I want to talk to you." Said Aman, he lay Valeria who was sleeping down on the makeshift bed he used on his own. Then he came over to Javier. "What's wrong?"

"Why are you suddenly concerned about me? You hate me." Said Javier.

"I hate you? I kind of thought it was vice versa. I don't hate you man, okay? You and I don't always get on well, but I don't hate you. I do have some brains you know and I can tell something is bothering you."

Javier didn't think it would be that easy, he couldn't just forgive Aman like that! "Just leave me alone Aman."

"Fine, but I was just being a friend." Then Aman left.

Orson drove to the hospital with Corey in the back seat. "Keep him upright so that he doesn't choke!" He called to Thian who obviously wasn't having a field day with Corey in the back seat. They were approaching the Cleveland Clinic ER, Corey wouldn't stop vomiting. He must have been getting really dehydrated too! Orson pulled up in front of the ER then jumped out. He came around to the back and lifted Corey out. The boy was struggling for air, it was clear his breathing was getting very shallow. He brought the limp boy to the doors then lay him off to the side a bit. He leaned him against the building so that he wouldn't choke on his vomit since he was unconscious then quickly left before anyone saw him. "Let's get out of here." He said to Thian.

D.r Macartie was at the ER that evening visiting some patients there. He was just leaving after a long day at the hospital, things were going pretty normal. He walked through the slide doors out front, headed toward the parking lot where he parked his car when he was startled to a halt! There was a boy, he was just laying there with no movement except for his chest that was rapidly caving in and out as he struggled for air! He rushed to the boy's side and lifted his limp arm, He felt for a pulse and it was racing! "Hang in there boy." He lifted Corey into his arms then went back in through the doors. "Get a gurney! A boy has been left at the door unconscious!" Soon enough Corey was being whisked away, Doctors and Nurses were taking his vitals, the whole ER was in an uproar! He was having seizures, he was barely breathing!

Everything was dark, it felt horrible like the worst place to be on earth. A place you wanted out of but there seemed to be no exits. Javier was stuck inside a nightmare, tossing about getting tangled in the sheets. He was sweating fiercely, his whole body feeling weak. "No," He mumbled. "Don't do it, please don't do it!" He was still very much asleep as he threw aside his covers and stood up. He still spoke in a whisper, one that was barely heard. He stepped out of bed, making his way to Aman's in his sleep. "Don't do it," He spoke a little louder. He reached for Valeria being gentle to her even in his sleep.

She started fussing causing Aman to wake up. "What the," He groaned still trying to wake up. "What's wrong Princess?" He sat up then realized Valeria wasn't on his chest! Instead, he was facing Javier who was grasping her so tight she was wheezing for air! "JAVIER!" Aman jumped out of bed and attempted prying the child away.

"Stop, stop!" Javier cried, real tears falling down his cheeks.

"What on earth are you doing with my child?" Aman managed to take his child back but Javier kept on reaching for her. "Agustin!" He called.

"Don't do it!" Javier pleaded, he was pulling at Aman's arm.

"Agustin get in here now!" Aman repeated.

The door flew open and in came Agustin, Dylan, and Brooks. "What's going on in here?" Agustin asked after yawning. "I can't see a thing without my glasses or contacts."

"Known of us can but make Javier stop!" Aman shouted bouncing Valeria up and down.

Javier kept on tugging at his arm until Agustin pried him away. "Come on Javier, get back in bed." He led Javier over to his bed but the boy protested.

"He's been so strange lately." Mumbled Dylan. He went over to help calm him down.

"Get in bed Javi, it's okay." Said Agustin, he pushed Javier down and the boy stopped, just whispering now. Agustin pulled the covers back over him and patted his stomach. "What's wrong Javi?"

"I don't like it." Said Javier still half asleep.

"I'll stay with him," Offered Brooks. "Sometimes he likes when I sleep with him." Brooks went over to Javier's bed and climbed in. The two teen agers could barely fit in the twin sized bed.

"Are you going to be okay?" Asked Agustin. Javier didn't reply still trying to wake up. "Tell me if he does it again boo." Then Agustin turned to leave.

"Agustin help me!" Teased Dylan.

"If I could smack your butt I would!" Aman eyed Dylan down but Dylan only laughed at him following Agustin out of the room.

"Okay you two go to sleep, it's like a babysitting service in her." Said Aman. "Oh Valeria, you wet yourself!"

"Good going Aman, need a diaper change?" Teased Brooks.

"Funny, funny, can't a guy get any sleep? You're the one that needs a diaper change!" Then Aman left the room to change Valeria.

Everything was black, fuzzy and distant. There was distant voices but he couldn't make any of them out. He tried to open his eyes when he realized a few unfamiliar things. One, he had something poking in the curve of his left arm. Two there was something sticking out of his nose and he didn't like that feeling at all! Three, well, he felt like death run over. So he decided to keep his eyes shut, perhaps he was just having another one of those drunken dreams. The only thing was this one felt much more real! The far off voices around him faded and everything got silent. He felt himself groan but didn't really hear it. Then there was a cold hand across his forehead making him jump! "Let me sleep." He complained not even sure if he heard his own voice.

"Calm down young man, you're very sick." Said a comforting sounding voice. Corey tried wriggling into a more comfortable position, his stomach hurt and his head was throbbing. "Stay still." Said the same male voice and it definitely wasn't Orson Luz.

Corey finally got his eyes to open, at first he was struck by extreme brightness. It was morning and he remembered it being dark out the last time. And that white room, it wasn't the hotel or the car. He began to panic. "Where am I? Get me out of here!"

"You're at the hospital, I found you last night in front of the ER, can you explain that to me?"

Hospital? He thought. That made him panic even more? What happened, where were Orson and Thian? "Get me out of here, get me out of here."

"Just take it, easy young man, someone will be in to check your vitals."

Officer Heart was waiting outside the room in the ICU. Little did he know it was Corey in there. Dr. Macartie came out to consult him. "Hello, Officer."

"Dr, what's going on?"

"I found this boy last night outside the ER, he has alcohol poisoning but there is no identity on him."

"Can I see him? A description would be a good start." Said Officer Heart.

"Right this way."

Officer Heart didn't expect that all, he walked in expecting to see an unfamiliar face when there lay Corey! He almost blurted it but thought he had a better idea. Besides, that would break his "deal" with Orson Luz.
A/N What did you think? Was this a good chapter? Thank you for reading! :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro