Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"...and here are this morning's announcements." We heard the principal clear his throat, then continue with the usual. I hate mornings. I hate Thurdays. And it's a Thursday morning. Wonderful combination.

I picked at the corner of my English binder and waited for the announcements to be over. When they were, Jack leaned over to me from his seat.

"I finished my part of the project. You?" he asked. I nodded. "Great!" he said, smiling. "Free period in Spanish!"

I couldn't concentrate on any of my work that day. I just wanted it all to be over already. Just one more day until the big game. Why couldn't it already be Friday?

The first three classes are always the hardest to get through on Thursdays. Then study hall, then lunch, then Spanish. The highlight of my day was almost here.

Lunch was dragging, but I didn't really mind. At least it wasn't a class. Besides, our lunch table is all the juniors on the team, plus Jack, so it's not like it was unbearable. Everyone was talking about the game on Friday. We were playing Stream Valley, the only team we had lost to last year. You can probably see why it's such a big discussion.

"Listen guys," Jack said, quieting down the table, "the only reason we lost that game was because Ollie was out. You know that."

I blushed and put my head down as the table nodded and muttered in agreement.

"Yeah, just don't get sick like last year, and we'll win," Alan laughed, slapping me hard on the back.

I nodded as Jack and the team pounded on the table and cheered, getting hyped up. The lunch monitor had to come over and tell them to stop.

The bell rang a few minutes after that. I stood up and started walking to the door of the cafeteria, then headed to the Spanish room for study hall.

Jack came in a minute later and collapsed into the chair next to mine. I didn't realize we had the same study hall. He smiled at me as he took his half of the project out of his backpack.

"That looks really good," I observed, using some packing tape to attach it to mine.

"Thanks!" Jack said. "Yours does too." I smiled. "What do you wanna do for the rest of study hall?"

"I don't know."

Jack looked to see if Señora was looking over. Seeing she was busy grading papers, he leaned in. I felt my face grow hot as his cute little smirk appeared in his face.

"Let's play truth or dare and try not to be caught by Señora," he suggested in a soft voice. I grinned a little and nodded.

"Truth or dare?" I asked him, already guessing his answer.

"Dare."

I thought for a minute, then said, "Dare you to use a pick-up line on Señora."

Jack grinned and stood up, heading over to her desk. I saw him raise and eyebrow and flash a smile. He said something to her, and she looked up and narrowed her eyes. Señora said something back, to which Jack responded quickly. She looked confused, then pointed to his seat. I caught her saying "GET OVER THERE!"

Jack came over, laughing. I raised my eyebrows. "What did you SAY?"

Jack shrugged. "I told her she should've been a French teacher, and when she asked why, I said because whenever I see her my pants mimic the Eiffel Tower."

My eyes widened and I had to put a hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter. "You're lucky you didn't get suspended for that one!"

"Truth or dare?" he said, a glint in his eyes.

"Dare."

"Go ask out a girl."

I blushed. There were so many reasons why I couldn't do that.

"C-can I get another?" I stuttered, looking down at my fidgeting hands.

Jack smirked a little, but I knew he wouldn't make me do anything I wasn't comfortable with.

"Fine- do you still want dare?"

I shook my head. "I want a truth."

Jack tapped his chin.

"If you had to date one guy in this school who would it be?"

My hands froze. Why is he asking that? Why?

"Uh...why?"

Jack shook his head and turned away. "Just curious. I'll give you a different one." He thought for a minute. "Are you homophobic?"

I could've laughed out loud.

"Far from it," I said, praying I didn't accidentally give too much away.

I could've sworn I heard him say "Thank God.", but I didn't press it.

After school, I drove home and thought of Jack. Why did I always fall for straight guys? And why are they all so cute?

When I got home, there was a Snapchat from Jack to the team group chat. I opened it.

It was a picture of Jack, wearing one of his jerseys. His face was decked out with green and white face paint again, and the caption was "I put all this on before I remembered it was Thursday."

I laughed. Only Jack would be so hype as to forget the day of the week.

After I ate dinner, I tried to focus on my homework. All those variables flew in one ear and out the other, so I put away my books and decided to do a workout. I stripped down to my shorts, grabbed a water bottle and my phone, and headed downstairs to bench press.

After a few minutes, I took a swig of water and checked my phone. There was a Snapchat from Jack. To me, not the group chat. I unlocked my phone and clicked on it.

The caption was "Dude can I ask you something".

I took a picture of my leg and captioned it "Yeah what".

"Do you like guys".

I froze. My heart started pounding and a cold sweat ran down my face. I threw down my phone. No. Not today.

AN: HOW DID I GET 122 IN ROMANCE ALREADY??? THANK YOU???
~theschuylerlams

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro