14. Her Worst Idea Yet

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Shiro walked around the market the next early morning to buy bread for breakfast.

He noticed that all the people there were whispering about something. He guessed that it wasn't his business  so he went on until he heard almost all of them saying, " Have you heard?.................Holt family.........Poor girl................All alone."

Shiro quickly bought his bread and asked the cash register girl what had happened to the Holts.

" It's tragic of what happened to them. On the same day that Samuel and Matthew Holt got kidnapped , Colleen Holt went unconscious because of heart damage."

Shiro widened his eyes and then remembered the one Holt left out from the news.

" Katie!" He said under his breath and the cash register girl sighed and started talking again,

" Poor girl, her whole family's-" She looked up to see Shiro gone and the other cash register boy smirked at her,

" This is what happens when you try to talk to guys other than me." He got smacked on the head by her.

***

Katie woke up to heavy knocks on the door and got up to get it.

" Thank goodness you're okay!" Shiro said with tears in his eyes and he hugged Katie tightly.

After he finally let go, Katie was picked up again in another hug from Hunk.

" I heard what happened! Are you alright?" Katie nodded when Hunk released her.

Hunk gave her a pastry from his bakery that he brought and she ate it slowly while Shiro ate his bread that he bought.

" Don't you guys have work?" Katie asked quietly after she ate.

" Well.. My parents excused me when they heard what happened and sent me with goodies." Hunk said and held up a bag of delicious looking pastry.

" My job starts next month, I just passed their training today." Shiro said after wiping his mouth with a napkin.

Hunk looked at him curiously and Shiro grinned proudly, " I'm working at the castle as a knight!"

He then remembered the atmosphere and his grin disappeared with his pride.

" Speaking of the castle, I've been called there to work for the kitchen." Hunk grinned, " They made no mistake, I do make a good meal."

His grin vanished when Katie spoke up a bit, " I guess I'm the one left again."

Shiro and Hunk started thinking of things that she was good at so they could suggest a job for her.

" Well.." Shiro said and Hunk continued, " You're surprisingly strong with a weapon in your hand."

Hunk winced of their childhood memories of him being whacked with a wooden sword from Katie several times accidentally and continued, 

" Plus.." Shiro interrupted Hunk this time, " You have an amazing memory of almost everything!"

Katie brightened up and Hunk and Shiro exchanged smiles of victory.

" Where did you sign up, Shiro?" She asked him and he asked back confusingly, " Why?"

She grinned at them with sparkles in her eyes, " I will be a knight." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro