3. Meeting

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[ 6 YEARS LATER ]

Keith rushed to breakfast with his parents sweating. His mother greeted him when he got there.

" So how's training now?" She asked and he grinned, 

" Honestly, I think I'm getting better each day! I know I'm capable of going outside more than once a year!"

" I'll think about that." His father said, " Now come, eat breakfast and be on your way."

Keith excitedly finished his portion and dashed outside.

" Should we tell him?" The King asked his wife.

" Not right now, let him enjoy himself." The Queen said, " I don't think he will take the news well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie woke up to her whole family in front of her,

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They shouted and revealed a plate of carefully decorated pancakes.

Katie smiled and asked them even if she knew the answer, " Thank you.. Now who made these?"

There was silence until Matt answered, " Hunk.."

Katie took a bite of one of the pancakes and her eyes lighted up. 

Hunk was her childhood friend and the best baker she knew.. right after his parents. She thought it was thoughtful of him to create this masterpiece for her.

" Argh, I want to try it now.." Matt grumbled and drooled at the sight of it.

" Matthew!" His mother scolded him and Katie laughed, "Go ahead."

Katie got up and prepared for work. Today she decided to wear a dress letting her long brown hair down to match with it.

Sam Holt, her father, was the only blacksmith of the town so it was Katie's job to prepare the weapons and tools on sale.

" Kiddo, take a break, it's your 16th birthday for God's sake! Go wonder around the market and buy what you want." 

Sam said and gave money to Katie and she left after a thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith went around the overloaded place and bought a few sovereigns to bring back. He had hoped to see the girl again.

Every single day he went out of the castle, he always saw her and every single time he saw her, her hair got longer and longer and longer.

Talking with her friends, buying a new video game, playing soccer with her brother, trying to talk to animals, giving money to the poor, eating sweets with a boy. 

Keith smiled, 'What is it gonna be this time?'

He sat down on a bench for a break but he heard a child crying from his left. 

Keith got up searching for the source and found a little boy by one of the sweets market, he started to walk towards the child but someone got there before him.

It was a lady in a dress, her rich brown hair flowing behind her. Keith could recognize that hair anywhere. 

He looked away and thought he didn't care anymore but his eyes couldn't stop wandering to the same place so he kept watching ( Stalking ) them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie had used all her cash on the ( Apparently really expensive ) sweets and gave it to the kid to calm his crying and the boy eventually stopped. 

She signed and took the boy's hand to find his parents.

As she searched, she felt a cold chill as if someone was actually watching her every movement but she quickly shook her head physically and heard a chuckle to her left.

Katie jumped surprised and turned her head to a stranger who was laughing,

" Remember me?" Keith asked her and she raised her brows, 

'What?'

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro