Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avni opened the windows and looked outside.  It was raining all the night. She could not sleep for a minute but was listening to the music of rain. It made her cherish her childhood memories in Mumbai. All sweet and bitter but beautiful memories with her father, mother, swetha ma and tillu. She smiled  slightly looking at the lush green lawn in front of the house. The water droplets twinkled in the morning sunlight just like diamonds are scattered all over the greenish lawn. Misty is sleeping peacefully. "My child!" Avni sat beside misty and ran her fingers through Misty's hair. Misty snuggled into the blanket and captured Avni's hand and went back to sleep.  She kissed Misty's temple and began to leave but misty held Avni's hand tightly.
"Mummaa"

"Yes! I am your mumma. No matter whatever happens, I will protect you baby. I am here."

Suddenly her phone rang. It was Advocate Dutta. Avni picked it up.
"Hello Madam, Tomorrow is our hearing on the case against Anand  Verma."
" Oh! Yes. I remember"
"I hope you are prepared well."
"I... I feel nervous "
" No need to be nervous. We have strong evidences to tie him up. If you need we can meet today afternoon. I will call Officer Neil Khanna as well"
"Ok. Thank you sir."
"Bye"

She was never nervous before. She had done excellent investigative jobs before but at that time she was under cover.  She used to keep a low profile through out. But, she has been in limelight... due to the fake news, illegitimate relationship with DCP. And Anand Verma, he is a big shot. He knows her real identity.. what if he...
"No... I should not overthink. I am going there as a witness. Nothing will go wrong."
Neil was getting ready in his room humming some old romantic song. Suddenly he heard the door wide open. It was Naina.
"Bhai, I think you forgot to tell me something "
Neil looked at his sister with a questioning eyes.
"A few days ago you were being moody, sad and suddenly you are so happy happy, humming and all?"
"Naina.. stop spying on me, ok? "

" Whatelse I could do? You don't tell me anything"

" Who do you think you are ?"

"I am the one to give you clue about the marriage status of your love. And finally when you understood that she is single, you didn't even think of informing me. Ungrateful man!"

"Then how come you know about it?"

"One minute, you didn't deny that she is your love! That's strange! I mean eventually you accepted that."

Neil ignored Naina's comment.

"DD bhaiyya told me everything. She is Avni di. I can't believe it. I don't remember her. Still I have heard alot about her from you and mom."

"Did you tell mom?"

"No. I think you should tell mom and dad about her. That's correct. After all, it is your love, your life."

"Kya? What did you say?" Swetha entered the room with knitted eyebrows.

Naina looked at Neil silently.

Swetha followed Naina's eyes.

"Neil, what is she talking about? Love... life... etc. Naina... you are too young for a relationship. Don't do anything stupid. This is your age for studying. When time comes we will choose a good guy for you."

"Mom...mom..mom relax.. It's about Bhai. Not me. Bhai why don't you tell mom about Avni di?"

"Avni! Avni? Tillu, Is she talking about..."

" Ha mom. The only Avni we know. My Avi... I found her"

Swetha could not believe her ears. It is more than 15 yrs.

" Tillu, you really found her? Where is she? I want to meet her."
Avni was going through some files in her laptop. She need to be well prepared for the trial. Suddenly, door bell rang.
"Madhvi tai please dekhlijiye kon aya hei"
"Ji madam"

Soon Madhavi came to Avni with a huge carton. She placed it on the dinning table.
"Ananya madam, courrierwala tha. Ye parcel dediya. Wo kya.... aamajon... wohi"

"Parcel? Mene tho kuch bhi order nahi kiya."

Avni thought: I didn't order anything it must be sent by someone.  Who can be that?
She hurriedly checked the bill, but there was no details other than her address.  What if it is sent by Anand Verma. What could it be? This can be something dangerous.
"Tai.. move away.." Avni shouted.

"Kya Hua madam ji?"

"Please Misty ke pas jayiye."

Madhvi quickly ran towards misty who is watching cartoon in the next room. Avni ran out carrying the carton to the police officer who is giving protection to Avni.
" Where is the fellow who delivered this here? Did you check that person?"

"Of course madam. He is really a delivery agent. I have verified.  What happened?"

"I didn't order anything and I can't find the buyer's name on this carten. So, I thought... may be.."

"What are you saying madam? Do you suspect this is sent by mr. Anand Verma?"

"Yes"
"In that case, please step back. Let me have a look."

Police officer examined the carton. He slowly removed the tape and slightly peeped into the carton. He carefully removed the covering and found a teddy bear stuffed toy and a letter inside it.
" Madam move away.... " saying this police officer threw away the toy. The toy touched the ground with a thud. Avni closed her eyes and covered her ears with her hands and ducked down. To their surprise nothing happend. Both of them rooted to their position for another 5 minutes staring the toy which is hugging the ground now.

"Madam, I think there is no danger. You please stay here. I will take it."

Avni nodded. She sighed.
"May be this was all my fear." She thought.
Policeman picked up the toy and opened the letter which was attached to bow of the teddy bear. He went though the lines in the letter and again examined the toy well.

"Madam, don't be worried.  This is an ordinary toy. It was a false alarm. Anyway, I will report this to Neil sir."

"One minute, let me have a look" . Avni extended her hands for the toy. She opened the letter attached to the teddy.

Avni's eyes opened wide in shock. It was a short handwritten message. The name written under the message took Avni's breath away.

"Vidhyut"

To be continued.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro