11. Haunting Dreams

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Thanks for completing the target too.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Warning : Explicit content (violence) ahead. Read only if you are comfortable.

Target: 100 votes

"Ms. Bose!", Dev called her, jerking her up from her thoughts. Sonakshi looked up at him still being dazed by his words. "Where were you lost? Dreaming about someone uh?!", he asked her smirking and she sighed at him tiredly. "Whom should I dream of Mr. Dixit?", she asked him annoyed as he moved his chair closer towards her. "May be someone who comes in your dream every night", he said staring into her eyes. "And may be someday, you will get to see your dream.. happening right infront of your eyes", he continued as she stared at him blankly.

"And that day, may not be too far", he said with a small smile lingering on his lips and she couldn't help her heart thumping aloud in her chest. Instead of annoying her, his mysterious words warmed her heart, soothing her nerves."But not all dreams come true Mr. Dixit", she said as he smiled a little. "But sometimes you dream only so that they can happen for real", he said and she looked at him mysteriously. "And when they happen, you will get to know how much they mean to you and to the one whom you dreamt about", he said softly. "How do you know?", she asked gazing at his eyes that held some untold stories. "Because, some dreams are dreamt together", he said smiling at her who was still staring at him.

"And won't you ask my other wishes?", he asked her breaking her reverie. "What.. What wish?", she asked him trying to sound as if she forgot it. "The wishes that you should fulfil because I won the challenge by scaring you", he explained and she thought for a while. "I don't remember anything", she said innocently and he rolled his eyes off her. "It seems like you keep forgetting things very often", he said tiredly. "And I am glad that only I can make you remember them", he said winking at her and she blinked her eyes trying to get his words into her head. "If I forgot about something in between then I will do what I was doing at that time. And then I will remember what I forgot. So let's do it again", he said and stood up.

Rolling his sleeves up he bent down and scooped her in his arms as her eyes widened in shock. "What.. What are you doing?", she asked him shocked as he held her in his arms protectively. "I am going to make you remember about the bet we had by repeating what happened that day. Come on, now you have fainted and I am carrying you to your room", he said casually and she gawked at him. "No, no.. I remember everything put me down", she said as he tossed her up, adjusting her in his arms making her startled. She clutched his collars tightly with the fear that he would drop her down and he giggled to himself looking at her, all scared.

"No problem. If you still can't remember, let's continue this treatment. It will definitely make you remember the things that you forgot", he said trying to suppress his giggles. She looped her one hand around his neck and the other was still clutching his collar tightly as she shut his eyes in fear. "Look at me Ms. Bose", he said as she stopped vaulting in his arms and opened her eyes to look at him. "Trust me. I will never let you fall down", he said staring into her eyes that were already boring into his. "Do you know how much I was scared when you fell unconscious that day?", he asked still having her in his arms. "Why.. Why were you scared?", she asked clutching his shirt tightly.

"I thought that I will lose..", he said still holding her close to himself. "That you will lose?", she asked him curiously. She herself can't understand what she was expecting him to say. "That I will lose my pay for the work I did", he said and it took a while for her to understand what he said. But when it did sink into her mind, she gawked at him in disbelief. He chuckled looking at her expressions and gently placed her back on the bed. "You don't have humanity at all! So you looked after me because of that only. But wait a minute.. You said that you don't want money on the very first day. So everything is a lie. And my speculations can never be wrong. Even you are like everyone.. going behind money only", she said angrily.

The very first reason that she looked up at him in surprise was when he refused her money to do the work. But now, he himself agreed his purpose of helping her and she felt proud of herself for judging him correctly. "Ms. Bose, I repeat the words what I said that day. I don't really want any money for the work I am doing. I am not doing this for money", he said and she looked at him confused. "Then what do you want?", she asked him as he smiled. "You!", he said and her heart skipped a beat. "Only you can give me that Ms. Bose", he completed and she sighed a little. "What's the thing that only I can give you?", she asked him confused. With every word of his, he was making everything more mysterious to her.

"You will get to know that later", he said with a tight lipped smile and turned to leave the room but she clutched his hand stopping him in his traces. "Your other two wishes?", she asked him as he smiled. "I will ask them to you when time comes. Now take rest. You are still hot", he said as her eyes popped out. "I mean, your temperature is still high", he corrected himself making her sigh in relief and he covered her with the duvet. "Now take some rest. And get ready for my other two wishes. You should fulfill them soon", he said turned around to walk. "But what if I didn't? How can I trust you?", she asked and he halted in his steps smiling a little. "You can never untrust me", he said and walked out leaving her confused.

Not understanding his words as always, she shrugged her shoulders in confusion and took out the diary that she had been hiding from elena. She didn't know why but she was getting attached to Devrath's writing a lot and her curiosity to find the happenings didn't let her rest even for a while. So putting a end to her eagerness she flipped the pages, continuing it from where she left.

**Flashback**

"Shona.. Where are you?", Devrath asked passing through the door of the silent mandap. He very well knew she was inside and he couldn't hold back his urge to meet her. It was only the previous day, she confessed her feelings to him and from that moment he never wanted to leave her side. He just wanted to be beside her, staring at her smiling face for all his life. And he couldn't wait for a whole night to pass by to look at her again. But now she was hiding from him, testing his patience much.

Suddenly he felt her soft hands around his eyes and before he could hold her, she tied a piece of cloth around his eyes, blindfolding him and moved back. "What are you doing shona?", he asked her as she giggled at his annoyed face. "Dev, catch me if you can", she said and moved back as he tried to hold her. "And don't try to remove the cloth. You should be honest", she said strictly and he hipped his hands in annoyance. Here he was dying to even get a glimpse of her from the previous day but she was hell bent on teasing him.

"What is this shona? I want to see you", he said with a sad pout. "Then catch me", she said giggling and started moving across the empty room. "Is this time to play? We are not kids anymore", he said stretching his hands out in search of her. "There is no specific time and age to play Dev. Life is so short. So, let's enjoy it as much as we can when we are alive", she said running around as he was about to catch her. "And let's see if you can catch me. No cheating! Be honest and let's see how much you love me", she said smiling. "Are you doubting my love on you? Now, I will teach you a good lesson", he said and quickly walked towards the direction of her voice.

He was about to get hold of her but she escaped just at the nick of the time making him sigh in dismay. "Where are you shona?", he asked her trying to make her talk so that he could identify where she was. But she, understanding his plan, kept silent without even uttering a word and stood beside the pillar. Soon he realised that she got his plan and thought for a while on what to do. He stood still in a place without moving around, much to her surprise and listened carefully. In the silent room, he could very well hear the tingling sound of her bangles and anklets as she moved across. His lips curved up realising where she was and without giving her any time to think, he quickly caged her between his arms at the side of the pillar.

Dazed by the sudden happenings, she looked up at Dev in surprise thinking how he caught her and saw a small smile lingering on his lips. He moved closer towards her such that he could hear her uneven breathes and raging heartbeats. Her heart skipped a beat sensing their sudden proximity as he was just an inch away from her, their breathes mingled into one. But she stood gazing at him silently, not letting him know that she was in his hold. "I caught you", he said softly as she got her senses back. "But.. How do you know?", she asked more of a whisper making his smile grow wide.

"It's not my eyes, that made me fall in love with you shona. Even with my eyes closed, I can feel you. Because the soul can see, even what the eyes cannot", he said as she smiled at him. She moved her hands up at the back of his head and loosened the knot of the cloth tied around his eyes, letting it fall down. Dev opened his eyes slowly and met Sonakshi's gleaming ones. "I love you", he whispered huskily as she lowered her gaze sensing her cheeks getting heated up. "I love you more when you blush", he said adding further to her miseries. "And I hate you for that", she said looking up at him, the dark red colour still covering her cheeks.

"Why?", he asked her shocked. "Because.. Because you make me feel like a typical girl", she said and he narrowed his eyes at her. "And I hate that", she said flaring her nostrils in anger. "Why?", he asked her still confused. "Because never in my life I blushed", she said with a sad pout and he couldn't stop but laugh aloud, taking her by surprise. "Shona, never in your life you blushed because only I have the right to make you blush", he said making her cheeks to glow even more darker. "Ufff! Stop!!", she said embarrassed making him chuckle and getting out of his hold sat down on the floor leaning her back on the wall. He shook his head smiling to himself and sat down a little away from her.

He smiled looking at her who was looking away and lend his hand for her to clutch it. She looked at his hand and then at him and after thinking for a while, kept her hand in his as he held it tightly. He entwined his fingers with hers, wondering how her hand fitted into his hands perfectly as if she was made just for him. "Thank you", he said softly and she looked up at him. "For what?", she asked him confused. "I have never played any games not even in my childhood", he said smiling a little. "Really?", she asked turning towards him in disbelief and he nodded at her in a yes. "But why?", she asked him confused. If not playing, she wondered what he was doing throughout his childhood.

"I didn't have anyone to play with me at that time", he said pressing his lips together. Only he knew, how lonely he felt during those days. "Oh!", she looked down understanding what he was saying and she didn't want to talk more about that making him further sad. "Haa! Let's do one thing", she said grinning widely while he narrowed his eyes at her confusedly. "I will teach you all the games. Let's play everything together", she said excitedly and he chuckled at her. "At this age?", he asked giggling seeing her excitement. "What's wrong in that? I know so many games like...", she said counting all that she knows and he smiled to himself seeing her so interested in something that he was not even aware of.

"Or else, let's do one thing", he said interrupting her talks. "What?", she asked raising her brows and he smiled at her mischievously. "Let's get married soon and give me a little son or daughter. I will play with him/her or else let's all three of us play together", he said teasing her and she gawked at him open mouthedly. "Dev!!", she whined turning away to the other side, feeling embarrassed while he giggled at her. "Shona, at some point of our life, this is going to happen for sure. Then why are you feeling embarrassed?", he asked still chuckling as she covered her face with her palms. "Let's talk about it when it happens. Now please be quite", she said as he giggled aloud.

"Okay, leave it. Tomorrow, I am going to take you somewhere", he said and she removed her hands from her face and looked up at him. "Where?", she asked him confused. "You will get to know that tomorrow", he said and she moved closer towards him, leaning her head on his shoulder, making his heart flutter. "I love you", he said still smiling. "How many times will you say that Dev?", she asked with their hands still entwined. Only she knew how her heart thumped aloud everytime she heared him say that. "Till the time you say that to me", he said and she looked up at him. "I won't say", she said sternly and he smirked. "But your blush says it all", he said looking at her flushed face and she lowered her gaze trying to hide her growing blush that was betraying her badly. Now let's continue from where we left", he said smiling at her mischievously and she looked at him in disbelief making him giggle at her annoyed face.

**End of flashback**

Instead of feeling awkward reading someone else's diary, Sonakshi felt peaceful. Every word in the diary made her feel like she was the one living in the story, instead of reading it and that made her feel weird. Pushing her thoughts aside and holding the diary close to herself, she closed her eyes with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Perfect!", Elena said admiring her reflection on the mirror. She wore a black top with a knee length multicolored skirt and matching jewellery. "I am sure Dev will be dumbstruck looking at me. And he will say 'Hey mushroom baby! You look so beautiful!", she said looking in the mirror and covered her face with her palm blushing profusely. "Okay, why not capture this moment!", she said and took out her phone. She clicked a picture of herself and quickly posted it in her instagram account.

Elena_thecrazyqueen: "Love is when you look into the mirror and smile to yourself, thinking how lucky he is" #loveatfirstsight #truelovehappensonlyonce #colourfullife #blushingbabe

She posted the picture with a proud smile and kept her phone aside. But not so soon, she heard her phone beeping and was surprised to see so many notifications. She opened it excitedly and started reading the comments one by one.

Inky_Pinky: Omggggg!! My babe is in love!!! You are looking so beautiful! So happy for you 😍😍😍😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Elena_thecrazyqueen: @Inky_Pinky Love you babe😍😍😘😘😘

Ani_sweety : 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Elena_thecrazyqueen: @Ani_sweety Mental hai kya?

Rocky_Dude: Even you can't stop laughing looking at your face. Because you are a clown 😹 Btw, who is that unlucky fellow?

Elena_thecrazyqueen: @Rocky_Dude It's none of your business 😤

Rimi_thesoul: Pictures with captions like this comes atleast once a month from you 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Elena_thecrazyqueen: @Rimi_thesoul Get lost! You jealous..... !!! 😤😤

Ritishtherockstar: May his soul rest in peace!

Elena_thecrazyqueen: @Ritishtherockstar: Let me break your face first 👊👊

Brokensoul_viren: Love!! How can you forget me so soon! Baby I still love you!!! 😭😭😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😭😭

*Blocked*

Waytohell: Let him die like me 😈☠️

*Blocked* and *Reported*

Killthemwithcruelness: There are a few special hashtags for you 🤗#NewLovehappensEveryday #hisgonnabecolourlesslife

*Blocked* *Reported 100000 times*

She threw the phone on the bed and sat on the bed with a thud. "Why are these people so jealous and jobless! Will they be waiting for me to post a pic so that they can bash me. So stupid! But elena don't let the negativities over power you. Breath baby!", she said and let out a sigh trying to calm herself down when her phone rang. It was a call from her friend Pinky.

Elena : Pin..

Pinky (Shouting) : OMG ele! How can you hide so many things from me. You are so bad! You didn't tell me about your new relationship...

Elena : Oh god Pinky shut up! I am not in any relationship. I just met him today.

Pinky : What?

Elena : Yes..

(And then she told her the whole story from their meet to mushroom)

Pinky : Oh ele! I want to see him. Send a picture of him please baby!

E : Why do you want to see him? (Doubts)

P : I want to see if he looks good with you. Nothing else!

E : Fine. I don't have his picture. So first I will take a pic, and will send it to you.

She ended the call and thought for a while. "How will I take his picture? Hmm.. Let's click him without his knowledge. It will benefit even me!", she said and smiled to herself proudly. Taking her phone in her hand she walked out of her room to search Dev. As soon as she stepped out, she saw him standing outside Sonakshi's room with his back facing her and she smiled widely. "What is he wearing?", she thought confused seeing him wearing a black suit that looked kinda old fashioned. "But he was wearing casual clothes a while ago. Why did he change?", she thought for a while but soon her lips curved up. "Even I changed my dress and so did he. Omg elena! He seems to be so excited to meet you as much you are to meet him", she said grinning widely and jumping in joy.

She took out her phone and was about to take a picture of him but he started walking much to her dismay. So she walked behind him careful enough to not get caught by him. But in the process of following him, she failed to notice the table beside and bumped on it, making a loud noise. Dev who was walking till then, heard the sound and stopped in his traces. Elena facepalmed herself for acting stupid and quickly hid behind a pillar with a hope that he shouldn't catch her. But sensing someone behind him, he stared walking hurriedly without looking at the back much to her surprise. Sighing in relief she moved towards the next pillar and quickly clicked a picture of him, when he turned around in the corridor and hid herself behind the pillar again.

But Dev was in too much hurry to even notice her and within a blink, he disappeared into the room that was in the opposite corridor. "Where did he go?", Elena asked confused looking at the closed door that looked old and rusted. She was sure that he went inside that room but wondered why it looked a little weird unlike the other rooms. It looked different to her, to be specific 'haunted'. "Is this Dev's room? But why did sona allot such a disastrous room to him?", she asked to herself confused. "Let's ask this to her later. Now time to look at his perfect picture!", she said smiling and rushed into her room. She closed the door quickly and hopped on the bed, opening the picture. But as soon as she looked at the picture, her throat went dry and her eyes widened in shock. She dropped the phone down on the bed and stared at it unable to believe her eyes.

"Shona.. Where are you?", she heard someone calling her. The voice was so familiar and calm. She peeked from behind the wall and saw a tall man with a huge frame standing with his back facing her. She wished to run into his arms but stood still hiding behind a pillar. She closed her mouth with her hands to not let him hear her giggles. She wanted to tease him. Tease him so much for making fun of her all the while. But seeing him worried made her feel bad. So putting an end to both their miseries, she decided to come out. She stepped out from behind the pillar and walked towards him.

Smiling to herself, she reached both her hands out and was about to cover his eyes but before that someone clasped her mouth from behind making her eyes widen in fear. She tried to reach her hands out at him, but someone grabbed both her hands and tied them behind her. She tried to shout but couldn't as she felt a huge hand strangling her throat, making the words in her mouth to die. Her eyes welled up with tears as she was pulled from behind vigorously while her heart cried to run into the arms of the man infront of her. She wished he could turn around and see her atleast once but it never happened and her eyes never left him..

She was dragged by someone from behind harshly and she felt everything around her going dark making her startled. She wished to shout his name out aloud, so that he would come running to her, saving her from the cruel world. She felt helpless, she felt weak, she felt like giving up. But something was holding her back. His eyes that held nothing but pure love for her, his smile that appeared only when she was with him, gave her the power to fight back. Gathering all her strength, she pushed away the hands that were trying to grab her and moved forward towards her source of survival. Smiling through her tears, she rushed towards him and was about to reach him but...

*Bang*

She felt something hit hard at the back of her head and everything around her went dark. She felt her head spinning around and fell on the ground with a thud. She held her head that was paining heavily, in her hands and sensed blood oozing out, making every nerve on her body shudder in pain. Every fibre of her body yearned to have him beside her, to calm her down, to make everything set right but she felt helpless. Holding her throbbing head in her hands, she tried to get up to find him, to be by his side, to have him by her side. But before that she felt something sharp cutting through the fragile layers of her skin, penetrating into the flesh, flooding the place around with a dark red liquid.

"Dev!", Sonakshi shouted aloud jerking up from her sleep. She looked around panting heavily and before she could realise what happened, someone embraced her tightly making her calm down a little. "They.. They hit me", she blabbered in fear. "Sshhh.. Calm down. It's just a dream. Just a dream", Dev said caressing her back trying to calm her down, holding her close to himself. "No.. It wasn't.. Don't leave me..", she said looping her trembling hands around his neck and clutching his shirt tightly. Fresh tears started flowing from her already swollen eyes, making his shirt dampened. "I will never leave you okay.. Relax", he said moving his hands up and down across her back, trying to soothe her nervousness.

"Don't go", she said nervously as he pulled her out of the hug, wiping her tears. "No, I am not going anywhere. I will stay by your side.. always", he said cupping her face as his eyes too welled up seeing her disheveled state. "They will come.. again", she blabbered, frightened over something. "No one will come. It's just a dream.. a bad dream", he said trying to convince her but she still seemed to be nervous. "I don't want this dream to come true", she said looking down scared, reminscing the words he said that morning. "No, it won't come true. Never!", he said hugging her again, this time even more tighter. "I won't let it happen.. again", he whispered, holding her close to himself, trying to calm her down as well as himself as both remained in each other's warmth trying to assure themselves that it's nothing but just a nightmare. But little did they know what destiny is in store for them.

So, was it just a nightmare? 🤔

Precap : Elena to find something!

My other works,

# Falling for you.. [COMPLETED]

# A Journey towards her.. [COMPLETED]

# My Little Paradise - A sequel to AJTH [COMPLETED]

# All Credits To Love - A Sharica OS

# Mine - A Devakshi OS

# Happy Ending - A Sharica OS

For more updates and spoilers follow my instagram account 'mishti7593'

Next update will be on next weekend 😊

~See you soon ❤️